IGNORED

ColecoVision Arcade Controller (FINAL Prototype!)

retroillucid

Here I'm proud to present you the final prototype of our upcomming Arcade Quality Controller for your ColecoVision

This is the final product, It might get some minor change but Its very doubtfull

The Only ColecoVision Controller You'll Ever Need!

Featuring:

- Real Arcade Joystick & Buttons

- Support all 4 Super Action Buttons (no spinner)

- Numeric Keypad

- 2x Side Buttons for Pinball games

- ColecoVision Arcade Quality Controller frontplate (look alike those on the System & Exp. Modules)

- Sturdy Acrylic case

- Removable 5ft non-coiled cord

- Available for both Right or Left handed

The Controller has been made so anybody could modify or repair them if needed, in fact the only thing that can ''broke'' is the microswitch .... there's no soldering skill required if you have to swap microswitch since all connectors are ''clamp'' ...wich is more than simple even for someone without any electronic skill

Since we're about to start producing them, I need to know who is interested and if so, how many unit

Price is not really set yet, but it will be about $250 per unit

No payments required to reserve your unit(s)

Payment will be ask only when unit will be ready to ship

Here's pictures of the unit, however pictures does not give justice to the unit in any way

It look A WAY BETTER when you have the unit in front of you!

post-11933-0-23525200-1328407287_thumb.jpg

post-11933-0-12284800-1328407311_thumb.jpg

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 7

Thanks for the comments guys!

Fun fact is the very first thread I posted here on AtariAge was about a project called: Arcade Controller

The very first proto was a plain square shaped box with hacked controller parts inside ...even outside! :lol:

The main goal behind this was to check if Arcade controller were great for some CV action!

Pixelboy must remember when he visited me at my place back then, and I showed him that proto

I clearly remember his face! :D ........ he was like: Euh? WTF is that ugly $hit! :lol: I could hear him obviously!

That thing was more than ugly..... but, effective!

Then I asked the Electronic Wizard, namely Harvey De kleine ,, Harvey did designed the whole PCB architecture so everything could be possible..... well almost ;)

The final design specially made for CollectorVision is just more than awesome! Very neat proffesional work, as Harvey is!

Harvey, you're the man! thumbs up!

I made the Mario Bros Arcade controller as pre-prototype only to have something to show, that would at least look great!

Then a new guy joined CollectorVision, namely: Toby St-Aubin , not only this guy is a (dangerously) perfectionist and he's doing awesome handy work, but he's also a great guy and a real gentlemen!

In fact, I'm really happy that Toby decided to join CollectorVision, He's the one who made the final design! thumbs up!

Nothing would have been possible without those guys, Thanks guys! :)

• Like 1

:-o :-o :-o - Looks fantastic J-F! How about a $1 per month for 250 months? ;)

OK - Once again (TIME TO SAVE MONEY FOR A COLECO RELATED ITEM) :-D I want one - hope I can save that much to afford one

My new evil nemesis's group (Collectorvision / Team PixelBoy / Opcode) they release too much to fast sometimes (well ALL the times) --- :mad: :D :twisted: :P

Thanks J-F! It's always a pleasure.

I'm curious if Toby is a professional acrylic/plastics assembler, or if this is just a hobby for him. The edges on the acrylic look quite good.

Just a technical note that this controller uses a controller extension cable (included, as mentioned) to hook up to the ColecoVision. There is also an output jack (well, plug, actually), so the controller basically can act as a "Y" cable.

edit: I'm no wizard, although I was watching the latest two Harry Potter movies tonight. ;)

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 1

:-o :-o :-o - Looks fantastic J-F! How about a $1 per month for 250 months? ;)

What about a 30 days only?

First day: You give me only 1 cent

Second day : You give me 2 cents

Third day: You give me 4 cents

Fourth day: You give me 8 cents

Fifth day: You give me 16 cents

And so on ..... each next day you give me the double of the previous day until you reach 30 days

Sounds good? :D

That controller looks incredible!!! Great job J-F, Harvey and Toby... I'm sure Eric Bromley and the Greenbergs would be thoroughly impressed. :thumbsup:

And to think, I thought I'd be able to set my tax refund money aside for a trip to Disney World... looks like the Wisconsin Dells will have to do this year considering all the great products that are coming down the pipeline.

• Like 2