IGNORED

ColecoVision Arcade Controller (FINAL Prototype!)

retroillucid

Arcade Quality Video Game System DESERVE Arcade Quality Controller!

Congratulations J-F. :-D

Very nice board.

I made one in wood in the mid-80's.

Our ColecoVision certainly deserves arcade controller.

This is my coleco machine from 2006 a living proof of. :)

post-9873-0-47816500-1328433329_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The Arcade Controller open alot of possiblities for Homebrewers, supporting 4 buttons, keypad and even 2 side buttons for Pinball games .... BTW: hope your Pinball game will support this controller ;)

You mean Rollerball? It's not getting many votes in my poll, so there's little chance of that game getting ported and published. Not by me anywhow.

The one thing that I see missing, from the pictures that you have provided, is the name CollectorVision displayed proudly somewhere on the top face of the unit. Unless this was your plan all along and you have it displayed on the back or bottom of the unit.

Gotta give yourself some "LOVE" man!

Edited by NIAD

Do you plan a version for Left handed people?

In the 1st post under features, it does list as available for right or left handed gamers.

oups , sorry i missed that.

Didn't you think to do a version that works for both. (something like : Stick in the middle , 2 buttons on left , 2 buttons on Right, and a switch to switch affectation of right and left buttons. ?

Looks great J-F - nice job by everyone involved. But, hey where's the trackball and the attachable steering wheel? This is sheer prejudice against Slither and Turboites you know.

Put me down as a maybe and ask me again closer to production time if you could. My wife saw me reading this thread and was none too impressed about me reading about buying a $250 controller :_(

Looks great J-F - nice job by everyone involved. But, hey where's the trackball and the attachable steering wheel? This is sheer prejudice against Slither and Turboites you know.

Put me down as a maybe and ask me again closer to production time if you could. My wife saw me reading this thread and was none too impressed about me reading about buying a $250 controller :_(

You can always play NewColeco's controller hacked versions of the games!!! :grin:

• Like 1

..., hey where's the trackball and the attachable steering wheel? This is sheer prejudice against Slither and Turboites you know.

Reason? It would had boost the price

Bigger unit, more parts = more expensive :(

I was just being cheeky :grin: I honestly think it looks awesome. I am curious though - do ANY game support the side pinball buttons at the moment. Is button mapping fixed (or perhaps configurable via dip switches on the PCB) - can you tell us?

The Arcade Controller open alot of possiblities for Homebrewers, supporting 4 buttons, keypad and even 2 side buttons for Pinball games .... BTW: hope your Pinball game will support this controller ;)

You mean Rollerball? It's not getting many votes in my poll, so there's little chance of that game getting ported and published. Not by me anywhow.

Why don't you or J-F publish the game? It is one of the best 8-bit pinballs ever.

• Like 2

Why don't you or J-F publish the game? It is one of the best 8-bit pinballs ever.

I hope it will come true one day. :)

I'll be all in if ever want to port it for me ;)

• Like 1

As long as you guys can reach an agreement on that.

Will it fit a 32K cart and | or it'll need the SEM ?

I think Rollerball should be published under the CollectorVision label, given the nice pinball buttons on the sides of your new CV arcade controller. I'm sure Eduardo could fix the game to accomodate the (*) and (#) mappings of the side buttons. :)

Besides, there are other MSX games in my poll that I would prefer to see ported under my Team Pixelboy label. Sword of Wisdom is among the favorites so far, and that suits me just fine. ;)

• Like 1

As long as you guys can reach an agreement on that.

Will it fit a 32K cart and | or it'll need the SEM ?

I think Rollerball should be published under the CollectorVision label, given the nice pinball buttons on the sides of your new CV arcade controller. I'm sure Eduardo could fix the game to accomodate the (*) and (#) mappings of the side buttons. :)

Besides, there are other MSX games in my poll that I would prefer to see ported under my Team Pixelboy label. Sword of Wisdom is among the favorites so far, and that suits me just fine. ;)

Great news! Thanks Luc, I appreciate it! :thumbsup: :)

I'll not choose any titles in your Poll ;)