IGNORED

ColecoVision Arcade Controller (FINAL Prototype!)

retroillucid

I never understand why a few people(and I mean a small few as I'm not calling anyone out at all) seem to get so upset on spending money on a awesome Hobie that they love :? I personally love the fact that there are some amazing people here in the homebrew committee that put all there time and effort to make sure we have the :!: BEST :!: colecovision stuff that could be made. I love the fact that they don't just make so so games to learn how to make games in hopes of being programmers for systems like the iPAD and iPhone like some other hobbyist do. The people here in the colecovision seen want to make the best games and best colecovision accessories like the arcade controller, like the SGM, and like having professional boxes, posters and trading cards that you can be proud of having in your collection. That dedication takes a lot of time and money. It also takes a lot of support from everyone in the committee by buying the games and items to make sure these products continue to get made. Can everyone buy everything of course not. You haft to pick and chose what you can afford at that time. That means you may miss something that your dieing to get but that's whats great about this hobby is if you are low on cash but you have a great collection, a lot of times you can trade or sell something to come up with the money, but you should never want the maker of the game or accessory to make something cheaper just because you can't afford something. I guess it comes down to what you want in your collection, if you want your collection to have a ton of cheap common games and cheap accessories that will break in so many years, will that may be great for you and you can do that but there may be a time in your life where you might feel like wow I just spent all this money on cheap games and for some reason they still aren't worth anything :? I did that myself with a cheap comic collection that I would haft to pay someone to take. :lol: I spent hundreds of dollars collecting lots of cheap comics to have volume, instead of spending that same money on fewer select comics that would have been worth something in the years to come. I don't do that anymore, I want to be proud of my collection and show people my games and have them be like "wow I wish I could have that!" Believe me you can't get that by being cheap, now sometimes you can get lucky and find something great for a super great deal but that is rare and you should cherish those moments, but you shouldn't be so focused on good deals that you pass up great opportunities to have great items in your collection. You may find yourself never able to find that item again. I focas on getting the rarest items and homebrews first in my collection because those are going to be the items that you will most likely not come across again. Instead of spending a ton of smaller amounts of money on commons that you can get for years and years to come. I hope people don't take this as ragging or putting anyone down, I just hope some people might look at collecting for there hobby a little differently that's all, I know I had to do the same myself at one point :cool:

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 2

It looks like this thing is plugging into the expansion slot, is that what it is doing or the picture is just misleading?

Is there a right handed version with the buttons on the left and the controller on the right?

Other than these two things being a problem for me to get it and play a game with it, it looks pretty cool.

It looks like this thing is plugging into the expansion slot, is that what it is doing or the picture is just misleading?

Is there a right handed version with the buttons on the left and the controller on the right?

Other than these two things being a problem for me to get it and play a game with it, it looks pretty cool.

It plugs into a regular controller jack, with an extension cable. Left and right handed units will be available.

Edited by 5-11under

It looks like this thing is plugging into the expansion slot, is that what it is doing or the picture is just misleading? Is there a right handed version with the buttons on the left and the controller on the right? Other than these two things being a problem for me to get it and play a game with it, it looks pretty cool.
It plugs into a regular controller jack, with an extension cable. Left and right handed units will be available.

Cool that is the kind of good news I wanted to hear!!!! :) You can put me down for a right handed version.

Great video JF :) :thumbsup: I think your English is very good, you sound a lot like George St Perrier from the UFC and that's a good thing :thumbsup: I'm a big fan for George, he's one of, if not the greatest UFC fighter of all time.

I may sound like George St-Pierre , but trust me, I'm no way strong as he is :P

Man, I would look like a smurf compared to him

BTW: George is the best! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great video JF :) :thumbsup: I think your English is very good, you sound a lot like George St Perrier from the UFC and that's a good thing :thumbsup: I'm a big fan for George, he's one of, if not the greatest UFC fighter of all time.

I may sound like George St-Pierre , but trust me, I'm no way strong as he is :P

Man, I would look like a smurf compared to him

BTW: George is the best! :thumbsup:

HAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: I think everyone looks like a smurf next to him, I honestly don't think he is really even human :lol: He to perfect at least that's what my wife thinks :lol: She's in love with that guy :lol:

Edited by RelliK111

You asked for Left or Right put me down for one like in the video. Joystick Left buttons Right so is that called Left or Right handed?

The hand that hold the joystick determine it

Right Handed: Joystick on the Right, buttons on the Left

Left Handed: Joystick on the Left, buttons on the Right (This is the one pictured in this thread)

Also is it possible to have a ball top rather than a bat top.

I'm checking this possibility .....

BTW, what's with the SILVER ColecoVision??? Or where my eyes deceiving me due to the darkness of the video.

Ah ah! ... you spoted it! ;)

That's a project that Toby & I are doing for the 30th Anniversary

It's a Silver 30th Anniversary ColecoVision System actually :D

That's what I was thinking and I hope I didn't let the cat outta the bag... although your the one that included it in the video! :ponder:

So I guess we'll be seeing whole slew of color variations become available for the CV like Nintendo always does with their handhelds. ;)