IGNORED

Mattel/IBM/Apple

Ah, the games that actually made it out the door for the IBM and Apple! Not many people saw those....and from what I read, the IBM versions wouldn't play at all on later generations of PC's. I imagine someone could crack them now, though.....

There's a lot more info about these releases, and what else was planned, here: http://www.intellivi...computers.shtml

What you are showing above are the games that actually got RELEASED. There was a LOT more planned.

What I'm curious about is, how rare are these five game? How often do they show up, and what is the price for a loose or CIB copy?

Edited by SoulBlazer

Here's the vids i could find.

The Apple II Burgertime has some interesting graphics but the enemy and character movements look funky.

And the IBM Burgertime may not look too good but the movement looks right. Some of the sound effects sound right. Levels look arcade perfect. They made that one right. :thumbsup:

The Apple II Night Stalker looks nice too. The second robot that comes in at 5,000 points is awesome looking. Better looking than any of the Intellivision version robots. :thumbsup:

IBM Burgertime can be downloaded from Home of the Underdogs (hotud.org) and be played using Dosbox.

I'm going to upload a video of it being played with Dosbox in CGA Composite mode. CGA composite mode is the best of the 3 graphics options available for the game. It's really impressive graphically for a 1982 PC game and a lot better than the other 2 graphics modes available for the game (CGA, RGB).

Edited by ed1475

IBM Burgertime can be downloaded from Home of the Underdogs (hotud.org) and be played using Dosbox.

I'm going to upload a video of it being played with Dosbox in CGA Composite mode. CGA composite mode is the best of the 3 graphics options available for the game. It's really impressive graphically for a 1982 PC game and a lot better than the other 2 graphics modes available for the game (CGA, RGB).

Thanks for posting that! I really wondered how that looked. Composite mode (artifact color) games were rare, because almost no one hooked their PC up to a TV or composite monitor (except PCjr users who had better graphics anyway). It really was an unappreciated capability of the machine.

• 2 years later...

I'd love the Apple versions, but every time they come up they're too expensive and the boxes are squashed badly. I grew up with the Apple version of Burgertime (pirated of course), and thought it was one the better ports. I never did see Lock n Chase or Night Stalker back in the day. I've since found them all on Asimov, but I still don't think I have a working version of Lock n Chase.

• 1 year later...

Around 1990, I found many copies of Mattel PC Burgertime at a surplus electronics store for cheep. I bought one but couldn't get it to work on my 386. If I remember correctly it was a bootable floppy and copy protected. I tried to reuse the disk but either couldn't or it was low capacity and ended up throwing it away in the garbage.

I was pretty fortunate to play Burgertime for hours in an old PC in composite mode.

BTW, Congo Bongo also it's composite and plays pretty nice.

And don't forget King Quest 1-3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymLvOunSuoQ

Around 1990, I found many copies of Mattel PC Burgertime at a surplus electronics store for cheep. I bought one but couldn't get it to work on my 386. If I remember correctly it was a bootable floppy and copy protected. I tried to reuse the disk but either couldn't or it was low capacity and ended up throwing it away in the garbage.

How could you do that!!! :_(

• 3 years later...

I have an ebay auction for Night Stalker for the IBM PC by Mattel Electronics. It ends this Sunday Nov. 25, 2018.

It's on a 5.25" PC booter disk. It was tested on an IBM PC (model 5150) and works.

Post #15 of this thread is a gameplay video I made of it for Youtube a few years ago.

Marketplace thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/285203-night-stalker-for-the-ibm-pc-mattel-electronics-1982-pc-game/?p=4160299

post-13580-0-04052400-1542994770.jpgpost-13580-0-09462800-1542994791.jpg

Edited by ed1475