IGNORED

New game in development "GREEN LITTLE QUAK QUAK"

matashen

Maybe i do the "quak quak" in the titel multilingual

I don't intend to be impolite here, the game looks really good, but I would highly recommend doing different names based on regions. I don't want to offend, but personally, I find the proposed title very unappealing. It just doesn't sound good in the US. However, there were some interesting suggestions proposed earlier in the thread. I really liked "Frog Runner." That sounds like a game I'd want to play! :)

I read an article in Game Informer a little while back that discussed games with names that didn't go over well in various countries. A game can be a total "flop" because of the image its name portrays. The screenshots you've shown look great and your game deserves the right image for every culture.

Well, this may all be true for a commercial release, but this game is for the small dedicated Lynx-community. Lynx-fans will want it no matter the title.

And frog-runner is a big no-no for me. It is very unoriginal imo. Sounds like a mix of Frogger and Lode Runner which it isn´ t. If it was in a dystopian future and would have a story based on Logan's Run or something it would make sense. But since this is not the case it would ne a bad fit.

A title should be original and memorable; in our case funny too.

Not to mention I´ d have to redo much of the title screen if we changed the title entirely. :P

If a change is made, it would preferrably just be for the quak-quak-part. Or for a complete change it should at least be funny. :)

How about a name that pleases both side of the pond! :D

If it was that easy; the problem is that even on MY side of the pond alone there is no single name that pleases all. :D

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't you just call it:

Froggy/Froggler/Frog'n'Pop/Hop'n'Pop/FrogPop/FroggingHell/DasFrog/FroFrotheFrog.

Call the Frog Squish or Splat then the game name is: Squish the Frog or Splat the Frog.

Who knows...?

Anywho any news, availability, screens, development progress?????

@108 Stars: Lame US naming conventions are the pinnacle of gaming!! Frog4Lynx is the best name EVERRRAGHH etcetcetc....

Edited by dudeydude

dont worry about the name -

i found two german songs where they definitly say quak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdd2xQp4WEI&feature=related

the screenshots where taken by about 10% of the work

now i optimize the code - thats nothing you can see on a screenshot.

I make the next pics when i reach the betaphase - that will be in August or September.

Remember - i do this in my sparetime - not to earn money. Thats why i have only some hours/week to work on it.

Regards

Matthias

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actual the Sounddriver for chipper is included and the code is reorganized.

Is there anybody out there who will compose some music?

great to hear that you have the chipper included! I'm still struggling with that for dragonsaga.. its difficult to fit it in together with all the other stuff I need in memory at the same time..

im also experimenting with chiptunes whenever I have some time.. if I get any good at it, I'll let you know ;)

• 5 months later...

We will probably present a playable version of the game at e-Jagfest on November 24th... along with some other games.

The event will probably have between 4 and 7 Lynx games playable. :)

I can't go to JagFest, unfortunately.

Can anyone take a video of the playable Lynx games for me?