IGNORED

HSC9 Round 2: H.E.R.O.

therealbountybob

Thought it was about time I started paying in the HSC. Didn't do too well, I'm afraid, but today is the first day I have ever played H.E.R.O.

Welcome on board Pengwin :thumbsup:

There's still plenty of time to improve at H.E.R.O.; it's all about participating (then there's making the points scoring places, a top ten finish, winning the odd round and finally world domination to aim for ;) ). If you (or any of the new players) want to suggest some games to play this season then checkout the Games List post :)

p.s. There will be a catch-up round (or two) this season for anyone who has missed a game.

I'm not too concerned about making any impressive scores, I've never been able to do that. I'm just in this for the laugh. Plus it allows me to look at games I would normally never play (H.E.R.O. for instance).

So I shall do my best to provide the kind of score that will make everyone else feel good about their own :-)

my friend bluecat will be pleased ;)

Can't seem to break 100k. Oh well...

I'm stuck at the 110K mark, the moving platforms get me every 2nd time! Impressive performances from Scalak and DieMON :thumbsup:

Anyone got and thoughts about waiting to shoot the baddies vs the end of level time bonus - I'm thinking they're not worth hanging around for?

Being a crap gamer but loving the atari 800 nostalgia, I set the following score (atari800 emu):

Welcome to the HSC Arjen :thumbsup:

Just for fun players or serious gamers all encouraged to join in :)

Vote here for round 3!

Edited by therealbountybob

This is one of my alltime favourite Activision titles(next to Pressure Cooker!). Judging by the millionaire scoring, it looks like I'm not alone!! I've made it as high as level 12, at my best. Now, to remember what the trick was to not lose all my men on level 9...:ponder:.

...too many extra men you say?? Where they at? I need about a dozen to make it into the top 20..:) :

45,510; level 9

post-21471-0-11861700-1330070943_thumb.jpg