IGNORED

Teacher for Lynx Programming? Eh?Eh?

AtariLynx Lover

if you look into the peg solitaire source I posted on this board you can find the full project including gfx and chipper sounds. It compiles out of the box for linux (ubuntu for sure) if you use cc65. I havent tried anything on windows though

c programming and some basic understanding of the lynx is all you need.. and a lot of time.

Good think I peeked into this topic here btw. I was close to ask around how to implement a clock :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Also have a look at http://www.classicga...per's_Reference

Wookie and me have tried to collect everything you need for getting started. Some of the stuff goes pretty fast for a beginner. But there is already several working examples like how to write "Hello World!" on the Lynx screen.

Writing code is both educational and fun. And you don't have to buy anything to get started. Just run your code in Handy.

Karri

Is the site definitively down? Anyone has a mirror?

I remember that it was containing some doc on the new cc65 and comLynx, I would like to have a look.

Is the site definitively down? Anyone has a mirror?

I remember that it was containing some doc on the new cc65 and comLynx, I would like to have a look.

The content is safe but it the site was hacked. I believe that Wookie will set it up again with a different web engine.

--

Karri

Did you try my tutorials at http://atarilynxdeveloper.wordpress.com? It covers setting up the development environment and explains the mak file, plus has a Hello World sample that is ready to use. The next weeks I will probably get around to doing more tutorial stuff (joystick and sprites). I have used the stuff that I wrote down to create Tiny Lynx Adventure and Pitfall!

• 2 months later...

Did you try my tutorials at http://atarilynxdeve...r.wordpress.com? It covers setting up the development environment and explains the mak file, plus has a Hello World sample that is ready to use. The next weeks I will probably get around to doing more tutorial stuff (joystick and sprites). I have used the stuff that I wrote down to create Tiny Lynx Adventure and Pitfall!

Thank you for your tutorials ! I work with Notepad and command prompts, but i don't know type the following commands with your program game.

batch file:

cmd
@set CC65_HOME=c:\Program Files (x86)\cc65
@path=%path%;
cd %CC65_HOME%\bin
cc65 -t lynx game.c
ca65 -t lynx game.s
cl65 -t lynx -o game.lnx 1.o %CC65_HOME%\lib\lynx-160-102-16.o lynx-stdjoy.o \ game.o lynx.lib

I don't know how to run thode commands for the command prompt.

The first one (cmd) is what you run from the Start menu. On Windows this is the Windows key or Start button, then type cmd.exe and press ENTER. You'll get a command prompt from which you can run the statements individually. I recommend creating a batch file to make this work repeatable. Better yet, don't run those commands like that but create a make file that tells the make tool what to do. Even better better, pick yourself a graphical user interface (Eclipse, Visual Studio, Code::Blocks) and get editor and compilation (make.exe) support.

The first one (cmd) is what you run from the Start menu. On Windows this is the Windows key or Start button, then type cmd.exe and press ENTER. You'll get a command prompt from which you can run the statements individually. I recommend creating a batch file to make this work repeatable. Better yet, don't run those commands like that but create a make file that tells the make tool what to do. Even better better, pick yourself a graphical user interface (Eclipse, Visual Studio, Code::Blocks) and get editor and compilation (make.exe) support.

I use freeware ide: Notepad++ for lynx newcc65, and Code::Blocks for Megadrive SGDK. My new makefile, but fatal error, help me please :

@set CC65_HOME="C:\Program Files (x86)\cc65"
copy %CC65_HOME%\tgi\lynx-160-102-16.tgi
co65 --code-label _lynxtgi lynx-160-102-16.tgi
ca65 -t lynx -o lynx-160-102-16.o lynx-160-102-16.s
rm lynx-160-102-16.tgi
rm lynx-160-102-16.s
copy %CC65_HOME%\joy\lynx-stdjoy.joy
co65 --code-label _lynxjoy lynx-stdjoy.joy
ca65 -t lynx -o lynx-stdjoy.o lynx-stdjoy.s
rm lynx-stdjoy.joy
rm lynx-stdjoy.s
cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA
@REM fatal error ! 
ca65 -o game.o game.s
cl65 -t lynx -o game.lnx lynx-160-102-16.o lynx-stdjoy.o game.o lynx.lib
pause

What is the error message you are getting exactly ?

You only get a "fatal error" ?

Quel est ton message d'erreur ? Tu as seulement "fatal error" ?

C:\ln>cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA

cc65.exe: No input files

C:\ln>ca65 -o game.o game.s

Fatal error: Cannot open input file 'game.s': No sush file or directory

C:\ln>cl65 -t lynx -o game.lnx lynx-160-102-16.o lynx-stdjoy.o game.o lynx.lib

ld65.exe: Error: Input file 'game.' not found

http://www.mirari.fr/j96s

You need to feed cc65 with your C file so it can create the asm source file (game.s)

Give a try with "cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA game.c"

----

Il te faut ajouter le nom de ton fichier .c a cc65 pour qu'il puisse creer le fichier assembleur (game.s).

Essaye "cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA game.c"

You need to feed cc65 with your C file so it can create the asm source file (game.s)

Give a try with "cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA game.c"

----

Il te faut ajouter le nom de ton fichier .c a cc65 pour qu'il puisse creer le fichier assembleur (game.s).

Essaye "cc65 --code-name CODE --rodata-name RODATA --bss-name BSS --data-name DATA game.c"

Thanks, but a new problem with... lynx.h

http://www.mirari.fr/e3Zq

This one means that lynx.lib has been compiled with a different version of cc65 than the one you are using.

Don't you have multiple cc65 accessible in your path ?

Or have you copied in your cc65 directory files coming from different binary archives ?

----

Ca ca veut dire que lynx.lib a ete compile avec une version differente de cc65 que celle que tu utilises en ce moment.

N'aurais-tu pas plusieurs version de cc65 accessibles dans ton path ?

Ou as-tu copie dans ton repertoire cc65 des fichiers venant de differentes sources ?

This one means that lynx.lib has been compiled with a different version of cc65 than the one you are using.

Don't you have multiple cc65 accessible in your path ?

Or have you copied in your cc65 directory files coming from different binary archives ?

----

Ca ca veut dire que lynx.lib a ete compile avec une version differente de cc65 que celle que tu utilises en ce moment.

N'aurais-tu pas plusieurs version de cc65 accessibles dans ton path ?

Ou as-tu copie dans ton repertoire cc65 des fichiers venant de differentes sources ?

Now i use cc65 Flavor and it's ok ! Thanks ! :-D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/195876-catkanoid-by-sebastian-mihai/

Hi,

For a sprite, i want to convert :

fda.o : fda.bmp

$(SPRPCK) -t6 -p2 -a000000 $<

$(ECHO) .global _fda > $*.s

$(ECHO) .segment \"$(RODATA_SEGMENT)\" >> $*.s

$(ECHO) _fda: .incbin \"fda.spr\" >> $*.s $(AS) -t lynx -o $@ $(AFLAGS) $*.s

i want to convert these makefile lines, in Batch file(cmd).

AS=ca65

http://www.mirari.fr/EASU

Edited by philippe