skaredmask

Do you own a Atari Jaguar CD-ROM?

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a Atari Jaguar CD-ROM?

• Yes I do and still works
    • Yes I do and it dose not work
    • No I do not own one but want one
    • no I do not own one and I dont care to

I've own my jag CD since X-mas of 96. No problems other then sometimes have to reseat the CD-ROM to get it to work.

I like it for VID-Grid, World Tour Racing, Iron Soldier 2, Gorf and Superfly DX.

I bought one brand new last year, inserted it on top of my Jaguar, and have never even tested it. At least it looks cool.

I sometimes find Jaguar CDs at flea markets and pick them up. Never had a CD unit and probably never will. These things seem rarefied and touchy.

They are really not all that bad.

I've still got the one I purchased when they came out. It seems to work well enough but lately it's making a whining noise.

A vibration I guess. I was having trouble loading a cd-r of downfall because of the vibration. Turns out putting a cd label on the disc made the vibration stop and it loads 100% now. I think I'll be needing another unit soon though......

I have 2 complete setups. The second one I found at a swap meet in San Jose last year. Got the Jag and JagCD combo for $80. CD worked perfectly!!

You know, I've owned something like 6 or 7 of these since the first one I bought on release at Babbages in Brookfeild Square. I've only ever seen one of those NOT work, and then a q-tip fixed it. Either I've been lucky, or the JagCD gets a bad rap.

AX

• Like 2