IGNORED

So what happened to the Lochjaw carts

atari181

I don't know how many Apollo produced before changing the name, but after the crash Kay-Bee Toy & Hobby (in the Baltimore area, 1986 I believe) had six CIB Lochjaw in a closeout bin for $6.99 each. Since I already had Shark Attack, I didn't pull the trigger. What a $42 investment THAT would have been. Biggest regret of my collecting life.

Point is, apparently there was a limited number available in at least that one chain in the US, which suggests Apollo dumped their stock when they filed Chapter 11. Kay-Bee was known for selling both new and distress merchandise since they always had both the newest-and-hottest as well as bargain-basement toys. If I remember correctly, Atari Video Cube was in that same closeout bin. Neither game had ever appeared on their regular full-priced behind-the-counter shelves.

• Like 1

I don't know how many Apollo produced before changing the name, but after the crash Kay-Bee Toy & Hobby (in the Baltimore area, 1986 I believe) had six CIB Lochjaw in a closeout bin for $6.99 each. Since I already had Shark Attack, I didn't pull the trigger. What a $42 investment THAT would have been. Biggest regret of my collecting life.

Point is, apparently there was a limited number available in at least that one chain in the US, which suggests Apollo dumped their stock when they filed Chapter 11. Kay-Bee was known for selling both new and distress merchandise since they always had both the newest-and-hottest as well as bargain-basement toys. If I remember correctly, Atari Video Cube was in that same closeout bin. Neither game had ever appeared on their regular full-priced behind-the-counter shelves.

Thanks for an actual response to my original post