IGNORED

Is This Pitfall II For The Intellivision?

jesusc

That's a C64 cart for sure. Edge connector is too wide to be an A8 cart and we all know Pitfall II was never released for Intellivision.

I think you nailed it. I just put it up against pitfall for the intellivision and the shell for this is just a bit larger than the pitfall shell.

Mystery solved, thanks!

I've made the same mistake myself. Picked up a nice Inty cart only to find out it's for the C-64. Luckily I collect for that as well so no harm done.

Use this to your advantage. I got Congo Bongo for Inty cheap (<$10) on ebay because the seller listed it for C64.

• Like 2

Use this to your advantage. I got Congo Bongo for Inty cheap (<$10) on ebay because the seller listed it for C64.

Heh, nice one. I'll have to remember that -- I made an effort to commit the various Congo Bongo label color schemes to memory for a similar reason (mixed lots of VCS and Intellivision stuff).

Do I remember correctly that you can fry a C64 by plugging an Intellivision cartridge into it?

Too bad Pitfall II never made it to the intellivision. Im sure it was possible, no?

Unfortunately, Mattel had already exited the video game business by the time Pitfall II was released in 1984, so Activision probably saw the Intellivision as a dead system by that point. And since Pitfall II was released for some ten different platforms (not including the arcade version), I doubt anyone is hurting for another version of it.

I've made the same mistake myself. Picked up a nice Inty cart only to find out it's for the C-64. Luckily I collect for that as well so no harm done.

Awesome score! :)

Do I remember correctly that you can fry a C64 by plugging an Intellivision cartridge into it?

1st party Inty carts won't fit in a 64, at least not without really forcing it. Didn't try any 3rd party titles.

Aha, I had it the wrong way around -- it's a C64 cart that can trash an Intellivision. Here's our very own intvnut, aka Joe Z, on the subject:

(In fact, if you want to destroy an Intellivision, simply plug a Commodore 64 cartridge in and power it up. You'll may blow the Inty's power supply, since the C64 cart will short +5 and GND.)