IGNORED

PS Vita owner's thread - Post experiences here!

goldenegg

I'm still in doubt. The hardware is cool, but when I look at the games, the only title I'm interested in is Uncharted. And then you need a memory card too, to save your progress (from what I've heard). So that's a lot of money for a system with only one title I like. On the other hand, Metal Gear HD collection and Silent Hill are coming too...

What size memory cards does everyone have? I'm trying to figure out what size I should get, I'm holding off on ordering one till I figure it out so I can buy everything I want at once and save what little I can on shipping. lol Thinking I'm gonna pick up the Vita(natch), Rayman Origins and either Lumines or Escape Plan and a crystal custom case.

I went with the 16 gb and I think that will be plenty for me. I haven't, and probably won't, download any music. I'll maybe download a movie or two and I'll buy mostly physical copies of games when that is an option. So far I've used 2gb of my available space. I've downloaded the three AR games, Facebook, 4 games (MotorStorm, Attack of the Mutant Blob, Escape Plan and Starship Delta) , and I've got 4 game card saves.

Do you like the Unchartd series in general? If you do I think you would like Golden Abyss. I've played threw the first and part of the 2 Uncharted and Golden Abyss is definitely a console experience on a handheld.

Since I don't have a PS3, I'm not able to play it. But from what I've seen, I like the combination of story telling and action.

Ah got'cha. A story telling action game is a perfect way to sum those games up.

And by 'threw' I meant through. Lol not sure what happened there.

FYI, I now bought a 3ds instead. Spec-wise, the vita rules, but the 3ds has some titles I really like (Zelda, Resident Evil).

Do you like the Unchartd series in general? If you do I think you would like Golden Abyss. I've played threw the first and part of the 2 Uncharted and Golden Abyss is definitely a console experience on a handheld.

Since I don't have a PS3, I'm not able to play it. But from what I've seen, I like the combination of story telling and action.

Ah got'cha. A story telling action game is a perfect way to sum those games up.

And by 'threw' I meant through. Lol not sure what happened there.

FYI, I now bought a 3ds instead. Spec-wise, the vita rules, but the 3ds has some titles I really like (Zelda, Resident Evil).

I don't think you'll regret it. I have both and I like both. Mario 3d Land is excellent. I'm really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2. The first one was highly underrated and I've been waiting for a sequal for a long time.

I don't think you'll regret it. I have both and I like both. Mario 3d Land is excellent. I'm really looking forward to Luigi's Mansion 2. The first one was highly underrated and I've been waiting for a sequal for a long time.

Sequal? :D I still want to get Luigi's Mansion for the GC. It looks like a solid title. But it's priced a bit high at the moment (about 25/30 euros here)

Indeed, the 3DS is a really solid system in it's own right. The specs pale in comparison to the Vita, but we've been here before....

Yep, I've the psp, but I only like a few titles and I mostly use it for emulation. But I would like to get my hands on Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles, this looks even more old school than the DS version since the psp version doesn't use perspective (3d) at all.

Yep, I've the psp, but I only like a few titles and I mostly use it for emulation. But I would like to get my hands on Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles, this looks even more old school than the DS version since the psp version doesn't use perspective (3d) at all.

Its a really good game! The Ys titles were actually why I bought a PSP in the first place. I had been planning on buying the DS version till I read more about the two, what bugged me the most is I recall reading the DS version didn't use the original bump combat system and was overall less true to the original. I've bought all the Ys games for the PSP after enjoying the first so much, Oath in Felghana, Seven, Ark of Naphisitm, aside from AoN which is a little tedious they have all been an absolute blast! Do yourself a favor and track down all the Xseed Ys games while they are still easy to find in stores.

Its a really good game! The Ys titles were actually why I bought a PSP in the first place. I had been planning on buying the DS version till I read more about the two, what bugged me the most is I recall reading the DS version didn't use the original bump combat system and was overall less true to the original. I've bought all the Ys games for the PSP after enjoying the first so much, Oath in Felghana, Seven, Ark of Naphisitm, aside from AoN which is a little tedious they have all been an absolute blast! Do yourself a favor and track down all the Xseed Ys games while they are still easy to find in stores.

I never bothered getting Ark of Naphisitm since I have it on the PS2. Was the PSP game completely voiced like the PS2 version? I skipped on it primarily because I assumed it wouldn't be. I have most of the others except Books I & II since I got it on the DS and have the original version. (Although I need a console to run said original on. :ponder:

I never bothered getting Ark of Naphisitm since I have it on the PS2. Was the PSP game completely voiced like the PS2 version? I skipped on it primarily because I assumed it wouldn't be. I have most of the others except Books I & II since I got it on the DS and have the original version. (Although I need a console to run said original on. :ponder:

No sadly it isn't voiced, I've heard there were other differences as well too it but I can't recall them. I wasn't too dead set on getting it after reading so many negatives in comparison to the PS2 version but I figured what the hell when I stumbled across a complete copy for $5. Which system is your copy for? TGCD? I bought it for my Duo-R not all that long ago, need to wait sometime before playing it as I still remember what to do to clearly so I was just powering through it.