IGNORED

SIDE, A new interest...

sloopy

SIDE interest.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a SIDE?

• Yes, but I am out of your 'area' (country in comment)
    • Yes, I would like 1
    • Yes, I would like 2
    • Yes, I would like more then 2.
    • Depending on price, I may want one...
    • No, I dont want one (Dont pick this ;')

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Greetings,

Candle has asked me to make a run of SIDE carts, and I was waiting until I had the VBXE closer to completion. Well VBXE is working and its all over but the assembly line proccess.

This thread is to gauge interest in another run of SIDE carts, they will be no different then the previous run, they will run all the same software/firmware, and have the same hardware. Big difference is, they will have my name on them somewhere... (yeah, i see you get all excited ;')

As it stands now, I only have a license to sell in the americas (North/Central/South America), and someone else has the license to sell in Euro area. As for Asian and Australia etc areas, I dont know...

So, with all that out of the way, this is NOT a pre-sale thread, just a interest poll...

(note: I am not affiliated with zaxon in any way, and do not speak for him, or speak for candle in any topic including (and especially) matters related to the current 'situation' with zaxon, the atari 8bit community and SIDE. Anything related to that, does not belong in this thread, and can be discussed in private msg with any of the parties involved.)

Thanks,

sloopy.

• Like 1

I put depending on price, yes. I'd also be interested in hearing what the differences/advantages are between this and the SDrive micro that I have coming. If a proper explanation was in that other SIDE thread, I never noticed it in that 29 pages! Is there a link to a solid description of SIDE? Thanks.

Mirage: http://spiflash.org/block/16.html

Defender II: we discussed this - if anyone has $6000 for tooling to make new cartridge case mold - go for it

i'll be more than willing to redo the pcb layout so it could fit a "proper" atari cartridge case when given mechanical drawings of such

currently - noone has supported me with such drawings

atarimax cases are for atarimax product, and i don't see them sold empty

• Like 1

I put depending on price, yes. I'd also be interested in hearing what the differences/advantages are between this and the SDrive micro that I have coming. If a proper explanation was in that other SIDE thread, I never noticed it in that 29 pages! Is there a link to a solid description of SIDE? Thanks.

In the topic for newbies you'll find informations regarding storage devices.

Basically, SIDE is a very fast storage device but it is compatible with single files (.XEX, .EXE) and not with disk images (.ATR).

It has SpartaDOSX and a real time clock too.

Moreover, you don't have to turn off the computer to change games.

• Like 1

Not sure form your comment -- have you actually asked Steve? He is typically very accommodating. I realize the SIDE is a competitor, but competitors sell to each other every day, so long as there is something for both parties. Just a thought...

-Larry

Mirage: http://spiflash.org/block/16.html

Defender II: we discussed this - if anyone has $6000 for tooling to make new cartridge case mold - go for it

i'll be more than willing to redo the pcb layout so it could fit a "proper" atari cartridge case when given mechanical drawings of such

currently - noone has supported me with such drawings

atarimax cases are for atarimax product, and i don't see them sold empty

If I could get a refund on my previous order, I'd be in for the 2 that I'm waiting for.

It's kind of difficult for me to commit to another order when I'm waiting for the first.

However, I'm so glad to see Sloopy making things over here. Bravo! I wish I'd have waited, now... ha.

Would love to have one.... a US vendor would be great! At least then I can harass someone in their native language and tracking shipments would be a little easier.

I would be interested in 1. Looks like it's the only way I'm going to get one anytime soon. :( Any idea of time line, order page status, etc. I'm a little gunshy now.

If I could get a refund on my previous order, I'd be in for the 2 that I'm waiting for.

It's kind of difficult for me to commit to another order when I'm waiting for the first.

However, I'm so glad to see Sloopy making things over here. Bravo! I wish I'd have waited, now... ha.

Ditto but for 1. Mine has supposedly shipped but I don't have any way of verifying that it has.

• Like 1