IGNORED

Dr. Chatterbot diary

vprette

This is my second project based on ECS platform.

The aim for Dr. Chatterbot is implementing the Eliza artificial intelligence chat system developed at the end of '70.

It was the first attempt of providing a computer-human semi-intelligent interaction.

The main point of this program, based on P-Machinery of DZj, will be the parser (eventually using the one to be developed for Colossal Cave) and the intense use of intellivoice, that is new stuff for me.

My first question will be: how long can be the phrases spelled by intellivoice, is it faisable to make several phrases from the doctor?

box2_2.JPG

Edited by vprette

My first question will be: how long can be the phrases spelled by intellivoice, is it faisable to make several phrases from the doctor?

Valter,

As I understand it, the phrases can be as long as the available ROM in the cartridge. In other words, there is no constraint within the Intellivoice in the length of the phrases. This is because the Intellivoice does not know of the concept of phrases--it only knows of allophones, which are the individual speech sounds.

You make the Intellivoice "speak" by stringing together a set of allophones that represents the sounds of a word. Then you string the words together to form phrases or sentences.

You could sample entire phrases and convert them into Intellivoice sound pattern data, but the same principle applies: the constraint is in the amount of ROM you have available to store the speech data.

-dZ.

This is initial page, I would like to separate the dr.Bot input from the user input by a different color background... it seems to me this is not possible with PRINT procedure....

the background is unique color?

Immagine_9.JPG

It is most definitely possible with the PRINT procedure. It depends on the colour mode you are using. With Color Stack Mode, you define a "circular array" of four background colours, and iterate through them by setting the "Advance Color Stack" flag in the status word. With FG/BG Mode, you set the background colour of each background card in the status word.

Let me know which colour mode you are using and I can give you an example of how to change the background colour.

-dZ.

By the way, with FG/BG Mode you can make more colourful displays, but you can only access the first 64 tiles from GROM, which include some punctuation, numbers, and upper-case letters.

With Color Stack Mode you have access to the full GROM, but you are restricted to 4 sequential background colours in the stack array.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

This is initial page, I would like to separate the dr.Bot input from the user input by a different color background... it seems to me this is not possible with PRINT procedure....

the background is unique color?

Immagine_9.JPG

It is most definitely possible with the PRINT procedure. It depends on the colour mode you are using. With Color Stack Mode, you define a "circular array" of four background colours, and iterate through them by setting the "Advance Color Stack" flag in the status word. With FG/BG Mode, you set the background colour of each background card in the status word.

Let me know which colour mode you are using and I can give you an example of how to change the background colour.

-dZ.

FG/BG Mode

I want make first row with black background except the name dr.bot says with green backgorund

half of the screen just like it appear in green background

the same for You say and the second half, using maybe a blue

let's put down a plan for this

New status (Blue is done, Green is faisable, Yellow is difficult. Red is very hard to code for me)

- TITLE SCREEN: ok (custom screen)

- INTRO: ok (welcome message)

- FONT: ok (custom)

- BKG COLORS: different background for dr. and user input 0%

- CONTENTS: insert all replies message 1%

- VOICE: implements (20?) intellivoice messages [huge task] 0%

- PLAY ENGINE1: implement text input from keyboard (must reconnaise ONLY characters not symbols) 0%

- PLAY ENGINE6: implement the parser to reconnaise text inserted to be used by login machine [huge task] 0%

- PLAY ENGINE2: implement answer logic machine (based on BASIC touring machine) - 0%

- BUG TESTING: 0 bug discovered/solved :-)

- BOX: 50%

- OVERLAYS: 0%

- MANUAL: 0% (based on ECS original layout)

Overall: 8%

Edited by vprette

Can you shoot anything in this game?

Don't you believe that I can shoot anything in this game?

help me implementing the music in Colossal Cave and I will focus on the shooter Empires Collide :-)

help me implementing the music in Colossal Cave and I will focus on the shooter Empires Collide :-)

Come, come, elucidate your thoughts.

Come, come, elucidate your thoughts.

I have the music in MOD format with 3 channels..... it's not easy to translate to asm

I have the music in MOD format with 3 channels..... it's not easy to translate to asm

Valter,

The module format is open and documented, I'm sure you can find it in the Web somewhere (I have in the past). You will need to create a script or program that will read the MOD file, extract the song and instrument information, and generate the necessary output.

It's not hard, but it is time consuming. However, you only need to do this once.

In an old conversation I had with Arnauld, he mentioned that he created his own tool to do this, so perhaps you can ask him for help. I don't know if he visits this forum regularly, though.

I haven't created such a tool because I've been able so far to get away with it by doing it manually. I use Logic Pro on the Mac and it has a MIDI Events display that includes a notation similar to how the MOD data is laid out: in columns for the channels and rows for the timing ticks; with the notes duration as the number of ticks until the next event. (After all, that's what MIDI and MOD files are: a sequence of musical and effect events occurring in time, per channel, with additional information regarding the instruments used. In the case of MOD files, it also includes sampled data for the instruments.)

For Christmas Carol, I just wrote the DECLEs by hand using the NOTES() macro provided with Arnauld's tracker, and reading off the MIDI events from the Logic Pro display, one row at a time. Takes a while, but it was rather effective.

It would be nice to have a tool for this, but I don't really want to take the time right now to research the tracker module format and figure it out.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from my side.... intv development is stopped due to family issues (court fight to see my little child) and problems at work.....

I use all my spare time to promote elektronite products right now

Hows it going vprette? I hope you worked it all out.

from my side.... intv development is stopped due to family issues (court fight to see my little child) and problems at work.....

I use all my spare time to promote elektronite products right now

Hows it going vprette? I hope you worked it all out.

sorry about this

I lost my job and have serious personal issues... I stopped any of my task at the moment...