IGNORED

Hover Force 3-D Still Possible?

3d glasses like the old school one that had one red one blue, or loke the imax one?

different.most 3d glasses merge pictures together per say and these ones separate them per say.

Where does one get these glasses?

in crayola 3d chalk. 5 dollars at walmart in art/ school supplies section. or better yet from intv nut when he gets them Edited by pimpmaul69

3d glasses like the old school one that had one red one blue, or loke the imax one?

No, these are prismatic 3-D glasses that work by deflecting red, green and blue by different amounts for your left and right eyes. The game Hover Force 3-D used this effect purposefully, but other games and programs also apparently benefit from the effect without meaning to, including Christmas Carol and Arnauld's Spirit demo.

in crayola 3d chalk. 5 dollars at walmart in art/ school supplies section. or better yet from intv nut when he gets them

Or, if you want glasses that work on the same principle but aren't sized for a 5 year old's head, I can send you some. Mine are paper with plastic lenses.

Shipped, I'm offering them for $2 a pair or $5 for 3 pair. (Keep in mind a first class stamp on a letter is almost $0.50.)

The glasses I have look like the attached photo, and are quite effective. And, much better than the $5 Crayola glasses that will squeeze your temples into the next millennium. (I know, I have a pair.)

post-14113-0-76017200-1345089083_thumb.jpg

Edited by intvnut

No, these are prismatic 3-D glasses that work by deflecting red, green and blue by different amounts for your left and right eyes. The game Hover Force 3-D used this effect purposefully, but other games and programs also apparently benefit from the effect without meaning to, including Christmas Carol and Arnauld's Spirit demo.

in crayola 3d chalk. 5 dollars at walmart in art/ school supplies section. or better yet from intv nut when he gets them

Or, if you want glasses that work on the same principle but aren't sized for a 5 year old's head, I can send you some. Mine are paper with plastic lenses.

Shipped, I'm offering them for $2 a pair or $5 for 3 pair. (Keep in mind a first class stamp on a letter is almost $0.50.)

The glasses I have look like the attached photo, and are quite effective. And, much better than the $5 Crayola glasses that will squeeze your temples into the next millennium. (I know, I have a pair.)

thats why i suggested buying from u. im in for three pairs asap

It's been a long week so my reading comprehension isn't 100%. I saw that after I posted.

In any case, I should have all the glasses back from Vegas either Friday or Monday. So, I should be able to send them out pretty quickly after that.

• Like 1

It's been a long week so my reading comprehension isn't 100%. I saw that after I posted.

In any case, I should have all the glasses back from Vegas either Friday or Monday. So, I should be able to send them out pretty quickly after that.

sweet. then i am going to try to modify one pair into real frames.

• 1 month later...

Well, it appears my thread from a while back that started out as a simple question has developed into quite the conversation. I now know that I can play Hover Force and other games in 3-D as long as I can convince my parents to get a pair of those glasses from somewhere. I just need to figure out which ones work best, any suggestions on which one I should get?

Well, it appears my thread from a while back that started out as a simple question has developed into quite the conversation. I now know that I can play Hover Force and other games in 3-D as long as I can convince my parents to get a pair of those glasses from somewhere. I just need to figure out which ones work best, any suggestions on which one I should get?

Ask intvnut if he still has a couple for sale... He got a lot and was selling them at CGE last month.

I'll get a pair soon, I can't wait to try it out! I'm glad that my simple question has helped gain a lot of information about 3-D capabilities about the Intellivision, and that it is indeed possible. :)

Also, keep in mind that we discovered at CGE that Christmas Carol's title screen and Credits sequence look dandy with in 3-D with the glasses. The game itself doesn't, but it proves the concept. :)

-dZ.

• 5 years later...

I don't know if it's the exact same system at the Georgia Tech series, but MIT andchromatek.com developed something called Chromadepth, which makes reds look in the foreground and blues in the background.

I saw twitcher IntellivisionDude have 2 different 3D programs. One is called Spirit, which looks cool in 3D, but doesn't look Chroadepth 3D. There may be some "Highlights" of chromodepth which make the balls in the demo pop more with Chromoadepth glasses. And Hover Force 3D gives it extra pop with thee chromatek.com glasses. You can order Chromadepth glasses, and other 3D stereoscopic glasses, like Red and Cyan from americanpaperoptics.com They have places where you can order multiple types of 3D glasses.

Speaking of 3D, I remember Super Mario 64 had 3D glasses if you ordered them from Toys R Us. (I don't know how to print a backwards R, so that's good enough .) ) I told them I was going to video a Chromadepth miniature golf course near my hometown on a Nintendo 3DS, and was wondering whether it was better to film "naked" and let the user filter with these glasses, or film with these glasses on in front of the 3D camera. Binocular+Chromadepth make weird effects. They sent me 4 pairs of each Chormadepth, red and cyan and Pulfrich (left eye clear, right eye grey-tinted), which I believe is the technology that worked with Super Mario 64 to test them out.

Unfortunately, I put my 3DS in Low Light mode, and it captured only 4 frames per second, so I have to film it again in normal light mode. And yes Chromadepth is enhanced by black backgrounds, hence the darkness. Maybe I should embrace my Sith and not compensate for light.

If you want a sample of the major 3 technologies for a family of 4, visit http://americanpaperoptics.com/contact and leave your address and email, and they'll mail as many that can fit in an ounce of postage. 3 different technologies for 4 people would fit in an ounce. That is their sample pack. They just randomly pick anaglyph, chormadepth, and pulfrich (in my example) glasses, mix and match, and send for free. Where they make their money is bulk packing glasses with a run of 1000+ to be distributed. Sometines they can go 6 figures or more in quantity for less than a penny a pair. But they give free samples.

• Like 1