IGNORED

HSC & KO : Season #3 - Game #7 (KO Game #7) - Carnival

cparsley

post-30275-0-36739600-1330230048_thumb.jpg

Nice to see you getting ready for the Grand Final, congratulations again on the Coleco win.

Thanks! In the process of setting systems up and see things are in working order as I prefer the original systems to emulation. Now to go and see if I have some decent working 5200 controllers :)

Haha! I got a chuckle out of seeing that this was the next selection. But, every dog has its day, and I'm glad it does.

Here's a counterpoint from the Video Game Critic, who...has some strong opinions about the game. :D

That 2nd Carnival review makes me wanna write my own!

The review by the VGC, is not a well thought out one... reasons are,

1. The music drove him nuts, but music can be muted by shooting one blast into the "blue note" in the middle right corner...

2. The bonus bear stage IS included here. Plays fine and is a fun side game.

3. Carnival may be slow and glitchy, and not the best port... but its some fun, a nice challenge once you get rolling

(and mute the damn music!)

In my opinion it plays like a so-so INTV Coleco rushed out arcade attempt, nothing more or less.

Carnival Tips:

1. Start shooting the flags above first out (takes a few tricky left/right pad moves to line it up), but getting this outta the way earlier saves bullets for the targets that increase later on, or near the end of a round.

2. Collect/shoot all the NUMBER targets that scroll by, they add to your much needed gun supply!

Gun supply when turns purple means the number of shots, if it's yellow it means there's a reserve waiting to be used.

3. The letter E is actually supposed to be a B! This is a bad error... but E when is shot does the work of first letter of the bonus.

4. BONUS... this feature is achieved by shooting the letters in order like this "EONUS" yes E damnit!

Spelling it out of order, STOPS any bonus earning, until another round chance. You can increase the bonus by shooting

everything down but the letters! Then hit the B/E - O - N - U - S in THAT exact spelling for the bonus. Any mixing of letters

and like I said, it's not happening!

5. DO NOT KEEP SHOOTING AFTER A LEVEL IS COMPLETE, IT CAN FREEZE THE GAME!

I figured this all out with no manual or history playing Carnival (besides a few mins on 2600)... did I leave anything out?

You could imagine my confusion, and what my games looked like just a week ago, when I first played this :D

Thanks for the tips and general strategy. They are spot on and the game is pretty fun once you clear a few rounds and things pick up in pace.

At first I was wondering what this E thing was. In emulation it looks like a B however on when playing on the system it does look like a E(at least on my old TV it did). Another thing that I experienced was that the emulated version(Nostalgia / Bliss) did not play nearly as well and that it was a more enjoyable game on the console.

Again thanks for the tips.

Welcome skosh! I wanted players to get the best experience with this unusual (but playable) port of Carnival.

I only played this on console, so at first I couldn't get the bonus, it looked like letter E and

I couldn't figure out where the B was! Took about 4 tries for me to realize it was a B not E, lol...

Well, i never thought i would get this far.

It helped that a few people didn't post scores in some of these KO rounds.

It was a good "run"

For awhile i thought i was gonna make the next pick again.

There's quite a few games that haven't been played in this HSC yet like

Frog Bog, Pac Man, Hover Force, Buzz Bombers , Skiing, etc...