IGNORED

FS: A8 Alpha Systems collection: Impersonator, Chipmunk, Disk Pack 1000, +

Mirage

(SEE LAST POST... I JUST DUG THIS OUT AGAIN, NOW FOR SALE, WITH PRICE... $200 FOR ALL OF IT).

I have this collection of originals of many of Alpha Systems' Atari 8-bit offerings. All in fantastic condition. I can provide closer pics of any of it if I get a very interested party. Awhile back I tested the disks and they all worked.

I'm interested in seeing what offers would be for these, to see if they're worth selling. I like them, so I'm not going to give them away, but I don't know what they might be worth. Make an offer and we'll go from there. Again, these are not necessarily for sale, so if I don't get a tempting enough offer, they will go back into my collection. I hate to do "best offer" posts, but due to the nature, not sure what to even ask.

- Impersonator with cart, book, disk, "Attn: 800XL/XE owners" sheet that original owner taped to sleeve to make a nice pocket for the cart.

- Atari Software Protection Techniques book with disk.

- Advanced Atari Software Protection Techniques book with disk.

- Chipmunk Atari Disk copier book with disk.

- Disk Pack 1000 book with disk.

Thanks.

post-16769-0-18929700-1329923800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mirage

It is interesting how they covered both sides. The way I see it is that the info on how to protect also would help out someone trying to copy those protections.

The Impersonator basically makes an exact copy of a cart onto disk, then you can run that image from floppy... but you need the Impersonator cart to run the image. So it's not like you could just hand out the cart copies to friends unless they also had access to an Impersonator cart.

I've had an offer for the Impersonator cart, disk, manual separate from the rest. I haven't decided for sure yet whether to split them up, but if someone had an interest in the rest without the Impersonator, it would make the decision a lot easier. So, offers on the whole lot or whatever parts are welcome and we'll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Might send whole lot to 'bay soon. Offer on the rest together minus the Impersonator?

Post link when list Ebay.

Sorry bad englsih.

Only few syllable I.

Nice shit you have I want.

I no afford.

I still watch.

Link to auction, YOU GIVE ME.

• 1 year later...

I just dug this set out again. I'd sell everything here (same as shown above, hasn't changed any) for $200 + shipping if anyone is interested in this nice set of Alpha Systems software and books. I had an offer of close to that for just the Impersonator last year.

They're all pretty much dead mint except for the obvious taping of the Impersonator paper to the disk sleeve, and the Chipmunk staples have come loose (easy fix).

Edited by Mirage