IGNORED

A girl's Atari cart collection

Despina83

I could never compete with you guys and all your R9s and pristine carts (R6 is my rarest and as you can see, there are some pretty rough labels pictured), but it's an okay little collection, especially for a 24 year old girl, haha. Up to 147 Atari 2600 games, and there's a handful of 7800 games pictured too. 2600 Ms. Pacman got left out of the photo because it was still in my 7800 console and I forgot it. Excuse my camera being stupid and blurry.

011bk.jpg

013iiu.jpg

• Like 6

Yeah, from time to time. My favorites are Dragonfire, Mario Bros., Ms. Pacman, Frogger, Centipede, Missile Command, Q*Bert, Dolphin, Space Invaders, Beamrider, Jr. Pacman, and Breakout. I play on a 7800 though, and it's a pain in the ass to get games to work in it, particularly Activision and Imagic games. Other carts like Atari, Parker Bros., and M Network usually work on the first try, though. But trying to get those Activision games to fire up is like pulling teeth. I like the 7800 because it's what we had when I was really little and what we always played on. But Jawbreaker is one game I'd really like to have, but I want a copy that's going to fit in the 7800.

I could never compete with you guys and all your R9s and pristine carts (R6 is my rarest and as you can see, there are some pretty rough labels pictured), but it's an okay little collection, especially for a 24 year old girl, haha. Up to 147 Atari 2600 games, and there's a handful of 7800 games pictured too. 2600 Ms. Pacman got left out of the photo because it was still in my 7800 console and I forgot it. Excuse my camera being stupid and blurry.

011bk.jpg

013iiu.jpg

Wow, we're the same age. Good to see there actually are girls my age who liked collecting old games. The only one I met was a few years older than me and only collected SNES, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, and GBA RPGs. Strictly that and nothing else.

I don't think I had quite as many Atari 2600 cartridges before I started selling stuff. Probably closer to around just 100. Probably because I branched out to other systems from the era. I still have a bunch of Atari 2600 cartidges to sell because I won't want to collect cart only anymore. I wonder if I have anything you are missing that you might want?

I also have a Not For Resale promo 4-switch woody Atari 2600 console which is pretty rare. It has yellow trim on the system and controller markings instead of orange. It was unexpected as it was from a cheap ebay sale that had a stock photo of the system. I originally bought it for my uncle for his birthday but decided to keep it because it was different, and also because he didn't seem to be interested when I finally offered him one of my others as an early present.

I also have some boxed games I might sell after I scan pictures of the boxes, manuals and cartridges of those. My goal is to just get that flash cart for this system and be satisfied with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...