IGNORED

More than 5 sprites?

Pengwin

I'm playing Bounty Bob right now, and I just did a 'head-count' of the number of sprites that are definitely PMGs. I count 6. Now, I know a fifth player can be created by combining missiles, or even 2 small sprites by making 2 pairs of missiles, but these appear to be full size players.

Am I right in thinking that this can be achieved by creating multiple copies of the sprite image in a single player, then changing the horizontal position of the player by using a DLI? or doesn't this apply to PMGs?

I'm playing Bounty Bob right now, and I just did a 'head-count' of the number of sprites that are definitely PMGs. I count 6. Now, I know a fifth player can be created by combining missiles, or even 2 small sprites by making 2 pairs of missiles, but these appear to be full size players.

Am I right in thinking that this can be achieved by creating multiple copies of the sprite image in a single player, then changing the horizontal position of the player by using a DLI? or doesn't this apply to PMGs?

Exactly, it's called sprite multiplexing. Works particularly good for Bounty Bob since the enemies only move horizontally and are always at a predictable vertical location on the screen, so it makes it easy to re-use the players as you go down the screen.