IGNORED

HSC9 Round 3: Desmond's Dungeon

therealbountybob

Now Guys here's what's odd - I got to level 11 but didn't get all the gold as I was distracted trying to decide if the level was doable (ok I died :_( ) I didn't checkout the bottom left of the screen, which seems to be where the problem is looking at atariron and McKong's screenshots)... but I then started up on Level 11 from the menu and it was possible!

Perhaps one of you can re-play, see if the screen design is the same, and then start on 11 and see how far you can get - I thought from my distant memory that it was level 13 that was impossible. My other thought is that the levels have an element of random design and this has a bug?????

73,650post-19705-0-21223600-1330644825.jpg

Now Guys here's what's odd - I got to level 11 but didn't get all the gold as I was distracted trying to decide if the level was doable (ok I died :_( ) I didn't checkout the bottom left of the screen, which seems to be where the problem is looking at atariron and McKong's screenshots)... but I then started up on Level 11 from the menu and it was possible!

Perhaps one of you can re-play, see if the screen design is the same, and then start on 11 and see how far you can get - I thought from my distant memory that it was level 13 that was impossible. My other thought is that the levels have an element of random design and this has a bug?????

73,650post-19705-0-21223600-1330644825.jpg

The first thing I noticed about level 11 was that it wasn't symmetrical, I think up until that level the left hand side of the levels are mirrored on the right. Although thinking about it there may just have been another ladder missing near the top of the level that gave me this impression

Edited by McKong

was wondering IF you get the time if you could play the re-released version you had on tape and see if the level 11 is still missing that ladder ;)

Seems that the game gets much tougher and better from level 10 so I'm thinking this IS a bug; the programmer's gone to a lot of trouble to add the extra features not to have them used for more than the odd level :ponder:

was wondering IF you get the time if you could play the re-relased version you had on tape and see if the level 11 is still missing that ladder ;)

Seems that the game gets much tougher and better from level 10 so I'm thinking this IS a bug; the programmer's gone to a lot of trouble to add the extra features not to have them used for more than the odd level :ponder:

Depends on if I can get all the way up to level 11 again, had some difficulty doing it once :D if there was a way to start it directly I would.

was wondering IF you get the time if you could play the re-relased version you had on tape and see if the level 11 is still missing that ladder ;)

Depends on if I can get all the way up to level 11 again, had some difficulty doing it once :D if there was a way to start it directly I would.

Anyone else wanna take a look? Here is the .CAS file from the Alternative Software re-release, you can start on level 8 and work up to 11

Desmond\'s Dungeon - Alternative Software.zip

Speaking of getting to level 11 once...

post-6732-0-90374200-1331047341_thumb.jpg

You didn't find the hidden pneumatic drill either :grin:

Hmm still no one has offered to try to fix it for us :(

Time to bump the begging thread ;)

man the highest i can get on level 1 is 2200 in one man

Remember it's both screens Dungeon & Vault - what about the rest of you let's see some scores (as long as they are lower than 3,010 :evil: )

FYI, all three releases - Creative Sparks / Sparklers / Alternative Software - are 100% the same. Kr0tki kindly checked this for me just a few days ago.

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Anyone else wanna take a look? Here is the .CAS file from the Alternative Software re-release, you can start on level 8 and work up to 11

Desmond\'s Dungeon - Alternative Software.zip

Anyone know if there is there a disk (ATR/XEX) version of this one??

Improved

Great Score DieMON :thumbsup: I'm assuming you must have got to the end too ;)

I'm feeling generous so I've increased the other scoring as we have a few people completing the game(c'mon Scalak you can do it :) )

VOTE for ROUND 4!

Edited by therealbountybob