12 members have voted

1. 1. Third round's the charm?

• Space Dungeon
    • Pengo
    • Wizard Of Wor
    • K-razy Shootout
    • Vanguard

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Let me know what other 8-bit computers you have access to for future reference on possible bonus challenges. (i.e. C64, A8, Vic-20, Apple II, Ti99, etc.)
I have an Apple 2 hooked up, but almost no software. My XEGS is ready to go, but only about a dozen carts. C64 in the closet.

I would normally have voted Space Dungeon - I definitely want to play it in the HSC, but I went with Pengo this time around. I just haven't played it in a long time.

Edited by BydoEmpire

I like Pengo, but there is a game mechanic that can be abused to run up the score. (see thread from last time we played) Where all you need to do is stand in the corner and keep hitting the walls. Should it be considered "camping"?

your thoughts folks?

I think this is the post in question (from the 8-bit HSC, actually.) I feel we should abstain from these sort of tactics in all these games... but especially one like this, where any one can run up the score with no skil involved. We can still play Pengo, there just needs to be an agreement to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Let me know what other 8-bit computers you have access to for future reference on possible bonus challenges. (i.e. C64, A8, Vic-20, Apple II, Ti99, etc.)

While I have many, many consoles, I'm actually pretty light on 8-bit computers other than the Atari ones. I do have a TI, but no arcade games for it. I'm sure I could get emulation working if you're looking to add bonus rounds on other machines.

I like Pengo, but there is a game mechanic that can be abused to run up the score. (see thread from last time we played) Where all you need to do is stand in the corner and keep hitting the walls. Should it be considered "camping"?

your thoughts folks?

Yes that should NOT be allowed... no camp Crystal Penging...!

In fact I'd go further and dismiss the old Pengo score record, if they "kicked walls" to get their score up...

your thoughts folks?

Yes that should NOT be allowed... no camp Crystal Penging...!

In fact I'd go further and dismiss the old Pengo score record, if they "kicked walls" to get their score up...

Agreed, that kind of cheesing should NOT be allowed.

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.

Should atariksi's all time record score be tossed out?

I see that trbb counted Divya16's Pengo score back in 2010

Both of them are banned from AA now, they were accused of being the same person.

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.

Both of them are banned from AA now, they were accused of being the same person.

I would at least list on there how it was achieved. Once the "trick" was exposed, it carried over into the 5200 HSC. :(

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2044615

Hiding behind a diamond is still sporting IMO, but low. I'd recommend giving atariron82 the official record, for now.

Edited by zylon

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.

I would at least list on there how it was achieved. Once the "trick" was exposed, it carried over into the 5200 HSC. :(

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2044615

Hiding behind a diamond is still sporting IMO, but low. I'd recommend giving atariron82 the official record, for now.

Alright, i added atariron82's score to the all time records and put an asterick and a bit of info next to atariksi's score.

Edited by roadrunner
  • Like 1

Lots of greats in that list but i'd like to see Space Dungeon (if not this time, maybe next time).

It should win sometime this season as we run out of choices. Attrition can be a good thing. :)