IGNORED

Intellivision II AV Mod Lots of Interference

jamisonia

30 minutes ago, Nateo said:

Apologies for the necro-posting, but here's a thought - what if the av mod was kept outside of the case in order to move the signals away from the power supply? I mean, it's a little clumsy, but if it could result in a clean, stable image on the Intelly II, I'd gladly take it. The RF on my Intelly II is hot trash.

Honestly for the Intellivision 2, the best option now is to install one of Crayon's RGB boards into it, remove the RF modulator to have room for the RGB output jack, and then install his additional expansion board to provide a much better composite and s-video output in addition to the RGB. I've got that setup in my Sears SVA model 1, only I paired it with Yannick's RGB and it works on my AV setup well. But for others I would advise using Crayon's board with his expansion board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

RGB all the way! ?

Even Crayola's RGB board by itself should be more than fine (at least on my setup it is). Don't think I'll ever bother with the expansion board.

I agree with this but I've got clients that want all the options installed so that they have the best options for whatever display they have access to at the time. Also, while it would be expensive and wasted, this total setup does provide the best composite output I've seen from an Intellivision thus far in regards to color consistency etc. So yes I would advise the full $50+ total setup even if you just have access to composite and s-video and don't even plan to use the RGB outputs.

• Like 1