IGNORED

Atari 5200 Trak-Ball doesn't vertically scroll

teamshred

I got this from ebay yesterday. It was listed as untested so I'm not really surprised that it has an issue.

After taking everything apart and thoroughly cleaning the inside, I've determined that the issue is most likely the vertical photo sensing module.

Does anyone know a good source for buying one of these? This site seems to be out of stock.

Better yet, is anyone here able to do this for me? I'd mail you the PCB only to keep shipping down and you would replace the vertical photo sensor, test, and ship it back to me? That would be awesome. I am a terrible solderer.

Thanks!

I got this from ebay yesterday. It was listed as untested so I'm not really surprised that it has an issue.

After taking everything apart and thoroughly cleaning the inside, I've determined that the issue is most likely the vertical photo sensing module.

Does anyone know a good source for buying one of these? This site seems to be out of stock.

Better yet, is anyone here able to do this for me? I'd mail you the PCB only to keep shipping down and you would replace the vertical photo sensor, test, and ship it back to me? That would be awesome. I am a terrible solderer.

Thanks!

Try best electronics they have those in stock. Mine wasn't scrolling left & is now like new. Only got mine a couple of months ago. www.best-electronics-ca.com should do it!

It's probably the logic chip more than the photo sensor. A quick check is to use your cellphones camera and view the PCB with the lights off. Your phone's camera will pick up the infrared emitted from the sensors. If there's no light, it's the sensor. If there is, it's a logic issue.