IGNORED

Fifth screen in 5200 Donkey Kong

Allan

It's just the Tempest label from John Hardie (I think! If I'm wrong someone please correct me.) The later labels like Gremlins are much easier to do but this is the only good scan of a 5200 label I have. The letters in the blue stip of course are the hardest. If your lucky you can find them in other labels and just cut and paste them.

Allan

post-187-1042926091_thumb.jpg

Man if the 8-bit Donkey Kong was ever released for the 5200.. that would've been the seal on the whole 5200 vs. Colecovision debate... but then again, if that happened then the Colecovision wouldn't have had it..

But things don't have to make sense here in Bizarro world 8)

You can only get to the fifth screen if you complete this game and get the password.  :D  

:o

Oh, that's COOL!! How did you get the angled picture. Did you photograpg the 2600 Elevator cart/box? It pic's going on my desktop!

Allan

re: The 5200 Elevator Action pic.  

It looks to me like he made the label and applied it to a cart shell, then took a real picture of it.  I bet it only plays "Pac-Man" though. ;)

Hehe, you're not quite right, the cart is empty. ;)

Pretty convincing though huh ? :D

re: The 5200 Elevator Action pic.  

It looks to me like he made the label and applied it to a cart shell, then took a real picture of it.  I bet it only plays "Pac-Man" though. ;)

Hehe, you're not quite right, the cart is empty. ;)

Pretty convincing though huh ? :D

Yea, but a Sinastar would be much cooler! Hint, Hint. Wink, Wink. Nudge, Nudge!!!

Allan

Man if the 8-bit Donkey Kong was ever released for the 5200.. that would've been the seal on the whole 5200 vs. Colecovision debate... but then again, if that happened then the Colecovision wouldn't have had it..  

But things don't have to make sense here in Bizarro world 8)

That was the whole sticking point with Atari and Nintendo as Atari had bought the home computer rights to Donkey Kong and Atari then found out Nintendo licensed the video game rights to Coleco. The only problem was that Coleco was touting the CV as upgradable to a computer and supplied its Adam as a CV upgrade and a standalone with CV built in. So that made the deal very sketchy....

So a 5200 version would've had to be released by Coleco for the Atari 5200 and if you notice.... CV only released stuff on the Atari 2600.

Curt