IGNORED

Super SALT diagnostic Carts.

santosp

I actually have that Cartridge from many years ago.

400/800 Salt Diagnostic Cartridge Rev. 2.05

Anyways it in the original Atari Cartridge case. I was told this is a very Rare and hard Cartridge to find. since this is an Original one/

Thanks

Sean

Folks:

It seems that this topic re-surfaces from time-to-time, and the need for a fresh/original dump is still there.

I do have this cartridge, and it is already imaged @ 16K, as it is part of my main 8Mbit flash-cart.

I am honestly a bit reluctant to post it, but if I sense enough critical mass (e.g. +10 clicks on "like this"), I will post the pristine image/dump for your evaluation / review. If not, I will simply assume that it has little or no real interest, and let it rest.

Cheers,

F.

• Like 11

Folks:

It seems that this topic re-surfaces from time-to-time, and the need for a fresh/original dump is still there.

I do have this cartridge, and it is already imaged @ 16K, as it is part of my main 8Mbit flash-cart.

I am honestly a bit reluctant to post it, but if I sense enough critical mass (e.g. +10 clicks on "like this"), I will post the pristine image/dump for your evaluation / review. If not, I will simply assume that it has little or no real interest, and let it rest.

Cheers,

F.

How did you get a 16k rom installed into a 8k rom only device????

mycollectionSALT.zip

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. To be precise I only meant the CPS SuperSALT cartridge - dumps of other ones are known. If Ransom owns another version (such as SuperSALT SE.02) then please ignore me.

I am honestly a bit reluctant to post it, but if I sense enough critical mass (e.g. +10 clicks on "like this"), I will post the pristine image/dump for your evaluation / review.

"Ask and ye shall receive". Nice attention-whoring, I must admit.

Edited by Kr0tki

That dump from sloopy isn't right. It looks as if it started and ended several hundred bytes too early - has bits of text where the cartridge vectors should be.

Here's the one I've had for a while, no idea if it's doctored in any way.

SALT 2.05.zip

I went and dumped my cart again, and compared the files, the bytes at begin/end look the same, but the MD5 sum's were diff... so I dunno what happened... my cart still works so, who knows... also, my redump md5 is also diff from your bin attached...

sloopy.

Thanks guys. To be precise I only meant the CPS SuperSALT cartridge - dumps of other ones are known. If Ransom owns another version (such as SuperSALT SE.02) then please ignore me.

I am honestly a bit reluctant to post it, but if I sense enough critical mass (e.g. +10 clicks on "like this"), I will post the pristine image/dump for your evaluation / review.

Hey Kr0tki did you check the Salt rom's in my attachment I think that SaltSE.02 is in it. Don't know if it the file one ...

good luck...

You bet.

The difference is that I SPENT MY CASH to get the real-McCoy, instead of coming here and asking here for a free, undisturbed dump of the material from someone else...

The good news is that the self-appointed Mall-Cops have already jumped in and effectively spared me for doing so... :-D

For those who clicked: I will consider sending you my dump, once I come back from my business trip, Friday night, or Sat. Morning. (I am now traveling outside of the U.S.).

For the rest: my sincere advice is that, instead of being dirt-CHEAP, just GO BUY YOUR OWN CART, at Best Electronics. You will feel better.

F.

Hmm. I have SuperSALT, but I don't know off hand which version. I recently bought it from BEST Electronics. If you're looking for an exotic version, I probably don't have it. :)

Is the the particular doohickie you have in mind????

That looks like it's the one! I have one in an 850 case (again, bought from BEST recently). It's wonderful to be able to definitively test all my A8 computers finally...

Thanks the sloopy for the effort, regardless of the result. :) :thumbsup:

Also you guys rdea6, Rybags, Ransom and also the sup8pdct for the pics! As I see the external device have a switch to select Atari 400 or 800 for check. For the newest one it work?

Also the super SALT latest version I believe cause must be 16K and no 8.

Ooohh something last. Before you run to Best to buy one, can you tell me your opinion about making some of that? I mean a full version with plastic enclosures. Also what would be a normal selling price?

Edited by santosp