IGNORED

New games for the PCE/TG

I'm not 100% sure if I should post this here, or in the homebrew section, if it needs to be moved there, then by all means, move it. I haven't posted much over here, but, there's a new video up for our second game we're in the middle of, it's called Jungle Bros. It's a platformer with some Indiana whipping action & a funky soundtrack(by yours truly). Anyways, here's the video of the demo we're getting ready for MGC(Midwest Gaming Classic). Also, as far as we can tell, our first game(Mysterious Song) will have been shipped back to us by the manufacturer by the time we get to MGC, so we should have them on sale there, as well as online(incase you haven't already pre-ordered), so, yeah, things are looking good!

Here's the JB video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKVd8lyrEdk

and for those who haven't seen it yet, here's a video of Mysterious Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhxsL4Hv-c

And...while I'm thinking about it, here's a couple videos of ANOTHER game we're working on, it uses the same basic engine as Jungle Bros. However, this game is under our Eponasoft label(basically the same programmer but different artists n' stuff). I however did not do the music for this game, that would be Jamie Billings of http://www.jamiebillings.com/ This game probably won't have a demo ready for MGC sadly, but, we'll see

I might as well pimp our friends new game as well. I'll just go ahead & quote his post from over at the PCEFX boards, this is a demo of his new game Pyramid Plundar, you will either need to mount it with Daemon Tools & play it via emulation, or burn it & play it on the real thing!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Necromancer,

I have uploaded what is now known as the Pyramid Plunder Public Beta (pppb).

It can be found at

http://www.aetherbyt...dables/pppb.iso

This is a public beta.

Pass it around, put it on a real disc, in a real unit, and play it. Discuss any issues here.

The goal is to find any goof-ups and get them fixed so it's in good shape for a real release.

There is a bug that causes a full-hang of the game. If you can track down, and recreate it 100% of the time, you've earned a free copy of the game when it's released.

You may notice other oddities, probably related to it being a debug mode of the game. Post em here too. Just in case.

Edited by Paranoia Dragon
  • Like 3

Well jeez, if you wanted to whore out our PCE games, I could've posted since I have more posts than you! :)

www.aetherbyte.com (like my signature), for more info on my work.

*is responsible for code upgrade to Monolith allowing for lots of sprites with no slowdown*

=3

PCE is king!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, I wanted to delete the previous post so I ain't double posting, but I'm not sure how.

Anyhoo, this is the last video we will be showing before MGC this weekend, enjoy! Both this & Mysterious Song will be on display there. As for Mysterious Song, it sounds like it'll arrive from the pressing factory on the 26th, so, unfortunately we won't have the full game with manual, etc. for sale there.

Oh, & keep in mind, the title screen music is NOT the final track. I just have been working on level music lately, & didn't have enough time to whip up an early version of the official title screen tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mlvw2iZxQw&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Paranoia Dragon

• 4 months later...

Just an update....& quite an update! Finally, we have a test disc, & so far, everything works great! We're sending it to Arkhan for some further testing. Keranu was going to send it to me, but my Turbo CD has been flakey lately, cd's don't always spin. Anyways, Arkhan should get it by monday, so hopefully it'll be flawless, & get this game out of the ball park in the next month!

As for me, I'm still lumbering forward with music for our next game. I have about 18 songs done, with about 8 more to go. I'm still trying to keep finishing 1 song a month, though, the song for the Desert level took almost 2 months :P

Deffinitely, the TG & CD units are our core audience. We're just going thru testing of a manufactured disc right now to make sure all is well before they manufacture 500 copies for us to send out. Make no mistake, these are going to be real cd's, not cdr's!

As for coding, I think alot use HuC, but ultimately Assembly is better. I think with Jungle Bros., Nod is using a mix of HuC & Asm IIRC. I'm the music & sound guy, so I know basically nothing about coding.