IGNORED

Lunokhod 1

trent

• 2 years later...

Having just discovered another cool space shooter in development for the 2600 - Point Zero - it reminded me of this other very promising homebrew, of which we have not heard of for a while.

Looks like the author has been taken up by RL meanwhile, but I hope he will resume work on this game sooner or later, it has so much potential and what's there is already very appealing!

• 10 months later...

Dusted this off the other day :-) I think it is time to get it done. Do we have new Atari cart shells yet? :-P

I'm glad to see you return to this.

I find between now and the first few months of the new year, things slow down enough to find the time for hobbies.

This was always a standout with great attention to detail.

Ugh I waited too long. Having to relearn some difficult things - and now I'm remembering where I got stuck. The game play wasn't quite doing it for me. I wanted to enable collisions between the rover and falling debris while keeping the scrolling hills, and I just wasn't finding enough cycles to accomplish it. I may have to lose some more eye candy for the sake of gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

In the spirit of Halloween I am raising this project from the dead, so version 8. Was build 6 really April 2012? I don't even know know how to summarize what has changed since then. Basically I've tried to make it feel more like a complete game. Background music that increases speed as the game goes on, wave markers, title screen, you can get hit by debris now. I have a couple minor tweaks that I will make this week before I can call it good, and then finally check this off the bucket list.

Edited by trent
  • Like 7

Thanks!. i think it took me almost as long to re-learn my old code as it did to write it in the first place. I have been struggling with getting everything to 'work' in the bottom part of the screen where the rover lives, the mountains scroll, missiles launch and debris falls. I've got it down to two artifacts I can live with. The debris is a single color in that zone, and the leftmost playfield pixels are sometimes mangled in the mountains when there is too much going on on the left part of the screen.

• 1 year later...

We'll be featuring Lunokhod 1 on Wednesday's ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 7PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: http://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:
- Spaceman Splorf (Premiere) by Pond Software / Andreas Gustafsson & Vanja Utne aka Sdw & Mermaid
- Spies in the Night 2 (WIP Update) by Jared Gray West aka graywest
- Lunokhod 1 (WIP) by trent
- Incoming! by Ben Larson aka Ben_Larson

UPDATE: Link to YouTube Archive of show!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2