IGNORED

Adventure Hacks

77gp454

Adventure was always my favorite game on the 2600. I played the original game and spent hours searching for secret rooms, etc. I used to dream of a bigger, more open kingdom. I was very happy to later see hacks appearing on here, and even homebrews. My favorite are the MissAdventure games. I like the open areas and bigger kingdom.

I thought it would be great to make my own, but not very good with computers. I found Build your own Adventure and made some pretty fun hacks with it. Thought they would be worth sharing. Levels 1&2 of each game is winnable. Some selections of level 3 may not be, especially the 1st one.

Adventure 77: First of my hacks. Some interesting game-play but can be difficult if not impossible.

Be very cafefull not to get stuck. The bat can easily ruin your game in level 2&3.

Game 3: If the bridge is not located within the first few minutes, the game may not be winnable.

Adventure77_v2.bin

Swamp Adventure: You must navigate through the swamp lands on your quest to win the game. There are no castles, but gates you must open to enter new forests. The dragons turn into dots when you slay them.

SwampAdventure.bin

Adventure GP: Kind of a halloween/ graveyard theme. You have a pitchfork you must use to kill the dragons. Don't get lost in the dark.

AdventureGP.bin

Adventure Vol. 4: Not very challenging, but pretty cool. Look for the short-cuts.

Adventure_Vol4.bin

Desert Adventure: Sort of a desert theme. Can be challenging.

DESERTADVENTURE .bin

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I found Build your own Adventure and made some pretty fun hacks with it.

I played your hacks for a while this evening, nice job. Are you referring to my old "Create your own Adventure" windows program by any chance? Pretty cool if you are, I wrote that and posted it here over 8 years ago. ;)

Steve

I found Build your own Adventure and made some pretty fun hacks with it.

I played your hacks for a while this evening, nice job. Are you referring to my old "Create your own Adventure" windows program by any chance? Pretty cool if you are, I wrote that and posted it here over 8 years ago. ;)

Steve

Thanks! Glad you like them. I did use "Create your own Adventure". Thank you for making that program, I had a lot of fun with it. I made these 2-3 years ago, I have been thinking of ideas for a new one. Is there a way of making a bigger Kingdom with some program tweeks? I would love to build a big one like Missadventure. Thanks again!

Is there a way of making a bigger Kingdom with some program tweeks? I would love to build a big one like Missadventure.
You should check out Nukey Shay's newer assembly files. He has one that is expandable up to 32K and even one with multi-color sprites or playfields. He even added the ability for a warp zone. There's a thread here somewhere with it posted. I'd post a link but I don't have time to hunt it up right now and it shouldn't be hard to find.