IGNORED

Endless flow of games from Venezuela?

Rev

Mine finally said Miami as of yesterday. Today it says inbound into customs then inbound out of customs. So it should be a matter of days now. Judge me if you will but it was only prudent to file a preliminary claim on the 45th day. All that does is give you and the seller a month to work it out. It doesn't go on his record, or hurt his business, just extends the protection. My actual total (looked it up now) was $94.50 for five Turbo Grafx games. Maybe some of you people can afford to throw that much money away, but that's almost 2 days income for me. Buyer protection is there for PROTECTION. From what I hear I should get my package and all will be well. I've not heard what happens with this guy when a package doesn't show up. I get that VZ postal system and government is a mess. That's not my fault though. I don't think anyone knows what this guy would say if the package went MIA and just never showed. Luckily as far as I can tell that hasn't ever happened. Slow is totally fine if it ends well. When I start getting estimates for outside the protection window from and eBayer, it does make me nervous, only because a seller can easily exploit it. I'm not going to be as uptight about him after this deal is behind us, but I will point blank ask for his policy on non-delivered goods. I'd love to know he would "have my back" if the tracking just up and died out without reaching USA soil. That will determine allot. If his policy is to say "tough I sent it" then the need is still there to file a pre-claim and let it ride for 75 days. Here in the USA the laws are clear. The seller is always responsible for getting the goods to the customer. Even though that is the law (see the Federal Trade Commission website if you aren't educated on mail order law) many people will put the phrase "not responsible for missing or lost packages" even though they very much are, and the phrase doesn't absolve them of their responsibility in the least. I admit that I've not done allot of business with VZ. I've met some great people from there as buyers and they were friendly to deal with. I also had a single bad eBay experience with a VZ seller (one non-working game out of four in a lot) that they refused to correct. Never have had any of the packages either way to VZ go missing. Canada by sheer volume alone, sure a few have gone missing (and SLOW in the past when using the no-longer-available Surface option), several missing to Italy and Spain, those supposed missing packages (trust was an issue in those cases, I feel I was scammed). I guess it all boils down to the fact that with this online life of ours, especially the few of us that have been around since the beginning, having been burned a few time over the past several decades makes one a little more gun shy. I'm not trying to screw anyone, but I'm sure as heck going to make sure I'm not the victim whenever possible. I'm very happy that my games look like they should be here shortly. I've still got several weeks to drop the claim, and the guy will get glowing feedback + repeat business based on the outcome.

• Like 1

AX, which seller was it again that you bought from? I did have one package in particular where the customs folks had trashed some sealed games which I basically mentioned in passing to the seller and he sent me replacements free of charge and even threw in a couple of extras. I guess I'm probably north of a dozen transactions with five or six VZ sellers and so far just had the couple of trashed games in one lot and a package that had obviously been left out in the rain leaving me with damp games that were also replaced. All in all pretty good experiences, just terminally slow. :)

AX, which seller was it again that you bought from? I did have one package in particular where the customs folks had trashed some sealed games which I basically mentioned in passing to the seller and he sent me replacements free of charge and even threw in a couple of extras. I guess I'm probably north of a dozen transactions with five or six VZ sellers and so far just had the couple of trashed games in one lot and a package that had obviously been left out in the rain leaving me with damp games that were also replaced. All in all pretty good experiences, just terminally slow. :)

I'm pretty sure it's eightiesvault. I got a good deal and told him it was okay if the shrink was tattered as long as the boxes are good because I really want to open them, and if they were perfect I wouldn't ;) I'm really looking forward to them, and doing further business.

I'm pretty sure it's eightiesvault. I got a good deal and told him it was okay if the shrink was tattered as long as the boxes are good because I really want to open them, and if they were perfect I wouldn't ;) I'm really looking forward to them, and doing further business.

Yah, I think you'll be pleased, all of my transactions with him have been great. As an aside, I ordered from two VZ sellers at the same time and the packages arrived the same day too FWIW.

Yah, I think you'll be pleased, all of my transactions with him have been great. As an aside, I ordered from two VZ sellers at the same time and the packages arrived the same day too FWIW.

That demonstrates what I already figured. They must fill cargo containers with the outgoing parcels, hence the lengthy delay before departing VZ. The longer it takes to fill with packages, then unpack, the longer it takes to get moved through the large countries. Would be awesome to put a GPS tracker in an envelope and mail it from there :grin:

WOW! I got my 4 cases of Intellivision games finally. In absolute great condition. Customs didnt mess with them at all. But they sure took along time. Now that I have got them I would not hesitate buying from eightiesvault again. But I was getting worried for a little bit fter customs slices up Dudes game!

• Like 1

WOW! I got my 4 cases of Intellivision games finally. In absolute great condition. Customs didnt mess with them at all. But they sure took along time. Now that I have got them I would not hesitate buying from eightiesvault again. But I was getting worried for a little bit fter customs slices up Dudes game!

I think i just got unlucky. Bad timing maybe. We will never know.

Well, it looks like the backlogged deliveries from Venezuela are finally going through! I received the last of my shipments from edintv last week, and as expected, everything arrived in outstanding condition. Thanks a million, Ed, and I'll be buying more soon!

I think i just got unlucky. Bad timing maybe. We will never know.

Well, customs do random checks. I really had very few "openings" and most are from Europe. But the type of ship does matter, the seller used standard airmail (That uses Stamps). Those packets are open more often by Customs than EMS (Express Mail International) So, the you pay less for Airmail but you are more likely to get a damaged item.

I ship everything by EMS, the only Airmail I have sent where for the Winners of the HSC.

And customs officers opened the package the same way in Every country, damaging Everything. I get a customer in Switzerland that get some refund from Customs for the opening of the package, First time I heard that.

Well, it looks like the backlogged deliveries from Venezuela are finally going through! I received the last of my shipments from edintv last week, and as expected, everything arrived in outstanding condition. Thanks a million, Ed, and I'll be buying more soon!

Thanks to you for your patience. Gamegavel is a little out of date, I get a lot of new stuff to show you.

Hello everybody,

I've just received today (in France) a package with 5 games bought to miferpa01 from Venezuela. I'm really happy 'cause the games arrived in very good condition. I bought 6 different sealed games (Mission X, Sharp Shot, Mind Strike, Mr Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes, ADD Treasure of Tarmin and Big League Baseball). The are arrived in a "Intellivision 6 toys toys" (stock number 5300 - 4). I ordered there are 3 weeks ago (the 5th of May I bought the games on eBay). So happy ! :)

Have a nice Intellivision day !

Pascal

post-32817-0-88080000-1338402319_thumb.jpg

Edited by scalpel

Europe is little or no affected by the delays on the mail, most affected are America (The continent) apparently they have an agreement with Colombia, the mail go there and they distribute to each country in America, Europe had a different agreement and is more efficient.

Venezuela do not have direct flights to most countries.

Also, France mail is the most efficient, they clear customs and delivers incredible fast.

Yep, I've bought probably more than 100 games from him. In fact, thats the guy I was talking to you about getting six packs from.

Ok, was you getting them through ebay or from him directly?

Which way is cheaper. :P

We can get them cheaper directly if you want.

Yep, I've bought probably more than 100 games from him. In fact, thats the guy I was talking to you about getting six packs from.

I'll PM you later. ;)

I'll PM you later. ;)

I think we might hit page 100 on the Neverending Message today. :)