IGNORED

Price Check: 5200 Collection

jeffsgames

I'm considering selling my 5200 collection. I collect consoles and arcade machines, and this one is probably the least played of all of my collection. I have 48 different original games (detailed below), most overlays and several instruction books, a couple consoles, 5-6 controllers, and trackball. I might even have the vcs adapter but have to check.

Any idea what I should ask for this? I want to see if it's worth putting up for sale. I'm trying to pull some money together for a game purchase I want to make.

Here's the game list:

Berzerk

Blueprint

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom w/ manual

Centipede w/ manual

Choplifter!

Congo Bongo

Countermeasure

Defender w/ manual

Dig Dug w/ manual

Frogger

Galaxian w/ manual

Gorf w/ manual

H.E.R.O.

James Bond 007

Joust

Jungle Hunt w/ manual

Kaboom!

Kangaroo w/ manual

Keystone Kapers

Mario Bros.

Megamania w/ manual

Miner 2049er

Missile Command w/ manual

Moon Patrol

Mountain King w/ manual

Ms. Pac-Man

Pac-Man w/ manual

Pengo w/ manual

Pitfall! w/ manual

Pole Position w/ manual

Popeye w/ manual

Q*bert w/ manual

Qix

RealSports Football w/ manual

RealSports Soccer

RealSports Tennis

River Raid w/ manual

Robotron: 2084

Space Dungeon

Space Invaders w/ manual

Star Raiders w/ manual

Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator w/ manual

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Death Star Battle w/ manual

Star Wars: The Arcade Game

Super Breakout w/ manual

Super Cobra

Vanguard w/ manual

Wizard of Wor w/ manual

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff Waldron

http://www.jeffsgames.com

I'm considering selling my 5200 collection. I collect consoles and arcade machines, and this one is probably the least played of all of my collection. I have 48 different original games (detailed below), most overlays and several instruction books, a couple consoles, 5-6 controllers, and trackball. I might even have the vcs adapter but have to check.

Any idea what I should ask for this? I want to see if it's worth putting up for sale. I'm trying to pull some money together for a game purchase I want to make.

. . .

Jeff Waldron

Hi, Jeff - - great blog, by the way! It's nice to see your cabinet restoration work. Sheesh, you've been a member since 2008 and this is your first post? Well, welcome to AA . . . ! :D

Good looking collection. Pictures would be a BIG help to gauge, and might get you some purchasing interest here. Threads with no pictures die a slow death around here . . .

So, pricing? Here's some thoughts - -

- A bare console is about $40

- Unless the controllers are rebuilt, preferably the gold dots versions from BEST ELECTRONICS, everyone knows the controllers are nearly worthless. Rebuilt is a HUGE selling point

- Trackballs are fun, cool it is in there, depending on condition, $15-$25

- The games look good, nice collection, a few gems in there like MINER 2049er, BOND, H.E.R.O., etc. The manuals and overlays are a plus.

My guesstimate for all this is about a $350 ballpark, and expect to come up/down from there depending (star-eyed buyers and lowballers, respectively)

I would say craigslist it for $350, and either be firm and wait, or let yourself get talked down a bit for a fast sale.

Just my opinion, others may have a better gauge . . . or make you an offer if you include pictures!

-a2a

Edited by atari2atari

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got around to getting pics of this. I think I'll throw it on ebay because I want to sell it this week. I didn't have as many overlays as I thought I had. I was thinking of my INTV overlay set. Here are some pics. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I'll pull my auction if I don't have any bids. Comes with two nice original controllers, and two untested controllers. Bummer no VCS adapter.

Thanks!

Jeff Waldron

100_3662.jpg

100_3663.jpg

100_3664.jpg

List of stuff:

H.E.R.O. by Activision

Kaboom! by Activision

Keystone Kapers by Activision

Megamania by Activision w/Manual

Pitfall! by Activision w/Manual

River Raid by Activision w/2 Ovl, Manual

Berzerk by Atari

Centipede by Atari w/2 Ovl, Manual

Choplifter! by Atari

Countermeasure by Atari

Defender by Atari w/2 Ovl, Manual

Dig Dug by Atari w/Manual

Galaxian by Atari w/1 Ovl, Manual

Joust by Atari

Jungle Hunt by Atari w/Manual

Kangaroo by Atari w/Manual

Mario Bros. by Atari

Missile Command by Atari w/1 Ovl, Manual

Moon Patrol by Atari

Ms. Pac-Man by Atari

Pac-Man by Atari w/2 Ovl, Manual

Pengo by Atari w/Manual

Pole Position by Atari w/Manual

Qix by Atari

RealSports Football by Atari w/1 Ovl, Manual

RealSports Soccer by Atari

RealSports Tennis by Atari

Robotron: 2084 by Atari

Space Dungeon by Atari

Space Invaders by Atari w/2 Ovl, Manual

Star Raiders by Atari w/2 Ovl, Manual

Super Breakout by Atari w/Manual

Vanguard by Atari w/Manual

Miner 2049er by Big Five Software

Blueprint by CBS Electronics

Gorf by CBS Electronics w/1 Ovl, Manual

Mountain King by CBS Electronics w/2 Ovl, Manual

Wizard of Wor by CBS Electronics w/Manual

Frogger by Parker Bros. w/1 Ovl

James Bond 007 by Parker Bros.

Popeye by Parker Bros. w/Manual

Q*bert by Parker Bros. w/Manual

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Death Star Battle by Parker Bros. w/Manual

Star Wars: The Arcade Game by Parker Bros.

Super Cobra by Parker Bros.

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom by Sega w/Manual

Congo Bongo by Sega

Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator by Sega w/Manual

Edited by jeffsgames

...damn, and here I am with no 5200 and no cash.... :( I really want this collection! If you're still willing to go the AA route, fire off a PM my way letting me know what you're asking and I'll see what I can do. And I'm not one of those lowballers who is hiding behind "Well, I guess I could do YOU a favor and take it off your hands" sort of statements, I'm genuinely interested. :)

Actually, you know what.....

PM sent! :D

. . .

Jeff Waldron

Hi, Jeff - - great blog, by the way! It's nice to see your cabinet restoration work. Sheesh, you've been a member since 2008 and this is your first post? Well, welcome to AA . . . ! :D

Good looking collection. Pictures would be a BIG help to gauge, and might get you some purchasing interest here. Threads with no pictures die a slow death around here . . .

So, pricing? Here's some thoughts - -

- A bare console is about $40

- Unless the controllers are rebuilt, preferably the gold dots versions from BEST ELECTRONICS, everyone knows the controllers are nearly worthless. Rebuilt is a HUGE selling point

- Trackballs are fun, cool it is in there, depending on condition, $15-$25

- The games look good, nice collection, a few gems in there like MINER 2049er, BOND, H.E.R.O., etc. The manuals and overlays are a plus.

My guesstimate for all this is about a $350 ballpark, and expect to come up/down from there depending (star-eyed buyers and lowballers, respectively)

I would say craigslist it for $350, and either be firm and wait, or let yourself get talked down a bit for a fast sale.

Just my opinion, others may have a better gauge . . . or make you an offer if you include pictures!

-a2a

Good Assesment, but as a A5200 collector myself, i would ask more in the lines of $375 and stay firm on that.

Nice collection though but if u absolutely have to sell, you might want to wait around a BIT longer due to market conditions.

Good Assesment, but as a A5200 collector myself, i would ask more in the lines of $375 and stay firm on that.

Nice collection though but if u absolutely have to sell, you might want to wait around a BIT longer due to market conditions.

Actually I updated a couple details. I only have a total of 4 controllers and no VCS adapter. Two of the controllers are not great. The other two are nice and stored in the console. None have been "rebuilt" but I cleaned the good pair years ago and they worked well. Haven't used them in a LONG time so not much wear. I know I can ask more, but I am asking $300 + $20 shipping for the entire bundle. I want to sell this as soon as I can, as I am wrapping up some sales of some arcade games and this console to fund a pinball purchase. I've collected this over the last 20 years and I am really happy with it. Bittersweet to sell but I still have several other classic consoles to keep me busy! I still play my Colecovision and 7800 regularly. And of course, my arcade: http://www.jeffsgames.com