IGNORED

What's the official Digital Press/CGE stance on this?

Super-Genius!

his poop-stained underwear of the second part up here on Atariage for us to admire.

Please.

Ask and ye shall recieve...

Lets a lighten up a bit? This is all over Video Life and Magicard for crying out loud... :-)

:lolblue: Now that's funny....... You'd think the one kid would smell something funny?? :lolblue:

Ask and ye shall recieve...

Holy shit! That "superheros" is the funniest thing I've seen this year! Good lord - thank you, thank you, thank you, Cupcakus. I really needed a laugh today. (And apparently from reading through this whole thread, so did we all.)

I had a feeling there might be a corresponding thread on AA about this topic. Sheesh, so much to answer...

Sean and I did not just buy some stuff from a commavid programmer. We spent a lot of time and money meeting with the three (3) owners of commavid and purchasing the companies remaining assets. Assets that include binders of paperwork, source code, corporate seals, eproms, and some products. We purchased all that was left of Commavid from the three owners along with the rights to the CommaVid game catalog (something the 3 of them were certainly able to sell us since they also wrote the games.)

I guess from the standpoint of what some others have questioned - if you did do this, feel free to produce the contract/bill of sale/whatnot that was involved in the purchase of their assets. All I've seen so far (I can't speak for others in your loop) is your word of mouth (or keyboard in this instance).

Personally, I think the whole matter is silly - like fighting over who owns the rights to the Studabaker or Edsel. At the end of day, it's great someone is seeking to preserve the company aspects itself of CommaVid. But really - it's not like they were ever a major player in the 3rd party Atari market. Ask most people the games that come to mind and I can guarantee they'll go Comma-who? The collectors that do know about them, I'm sure they don't care where they get their reproductions from.

Afterall, it's not like we're arguing about who has the right to sell off a cache of the original carts (which is what the whole rarity fuss would be about in the first place). These are reproductions, and it's just plain silly to argue about stuff like that. Especially with such a limited market.

To my self as a collector and historian, I find the actual documents, business materials, and source code Sean and John bought to be much more interesting. Tidbits like the fact that they're one of the only companies to have paid off all their creditors and debts before getting out are fascinating to me. And I'm much more interested in seeing if materials such as those will be shared or simply stored away in a private collection or pop up once a year at CGE.

Well I'll be! I'm a huge B5 fan. I can't believe I couldn't place that. But it all came flooding back as soon as I read your post.

Heh, I'd meant to comment last time I read, but Earl got to it and I didn't... I'm a big B5 fan too. It took me a minute or two to place the line myself though.

Anybody remember Gerry Anderson's production of UFO from 1969-1970? Anyway DVD set 2 is to be released on 1/27 ! I'm psyched!

BTW: Some of you will probably know Gerry Anderson's later TV series: Space 1999.

A great place to get new DVDs is: www.deepdiscountdvd.com

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

(Space 1999 and UFO DVDs rock!)

Anybody remember Gerry Anderson's production of UFO from 1969-1970?  Anyway DVD set 2 is to be released on 1/27 !  I'm psyched!

BTW: Some of you will probably know Gerry Anderson's later TV series:  Space 1999.

A great place to get new DVDs is:  www.deepdiscountdvd.com

(Space 1999 and UFO DVDs rock!)

I have the entire series on tape :)

Bring in the purple hair!

I have the entire series on tape :)

Bring in the purple hair!

Yeah .. where did the purple hair come from? Anderson thought of the purple hair as part of the moon girls' uniforms. :D

I only have vague memories of seeing the UFO series on TV .. so this is great to get it on DVD. I already have set 1. And the music is hip! :music:

I have the megabox of Space 1999 .. I like year 1 which I remember somewhat well. But year 2 is pitiful. Why did they change? :?

Thanks CPUWIZ for fixing that URL .. I forgot to put the wwwawwwawwwa in front! :D

I have the megabox of Space 1999 .. I like year 1 which I remember somewhat well.  But year 2 is pitiful.  Why did they change?   :?  

If I recall correctly, Year 2 was produced/directed (not sure which) by Fred Frieberger who had previously done year 3 of Star Trek-not quite it's finest season either. Fred wanted to interject a more 'human' quality to the show and wanted a more 'hip' cast and simpler stories (since the first season was sooooo complicated!) Anyway, Tony (I forget the actor's name) and Maya were brought in and the good old Professor was ousted (though I seem to remember reading that he wanted out.) Anyway, there were a few decent eps in Year 2, but it pretty much sucked. I believe the budget was sliced, significantly. The fx did'nt seem quite as nice as in the first season. Anyway, I'm waaaay off topic here...maybe a good thing, eh?

If they had only used a VCS for some of those computer displays...which reminds me...why would a multi-billion dollar facility, with so much high tech, use MONOCHROME monitors? The comm-locks are very cool...but, again, why MONOCHROME? Am I the only one who cares? I must know...

Maybe the copyright owner...oh, never mind.

If they had only used a VCS for some of those computer displays...which reminds me...why would a multi-billion dollar facility, with so much high tech, use MONOCHROME monitors?  The comm-locks are very cool...but, again, why MONOCHROME?  Am I the only one who cares?  I must know...

Well everything was pretty much white or black on the Moonbase Alpha .. perhaps to reflect the grim nature of their situation? Color screens would have stood out.

There was only one functional CommLock .. which had a real offscreen tether for video and power. All the other CommLocks were just props.

I loved the first season intros .. and the great music with the "THIS EPISODE" highlights.

The second season episodes just start after the stupid, second season music. :? The professor is very much missing in the second episode. And I hate the underground set. You don't get the same sense that they are on the Moon.

UFO is retro cool! I still want a gullwing door car! But looking back at those UFO shows, some things don't make sense .. and so many people smoke!! and on the moonbase they smoke too (as though they have plenty of air in their base to put smoke into!)