IGNORED

Who made the worst games?

BillyHW

5 hours ago, youxia said:

They're also known for technical excellence and also had a number of big hits across all platforms, spanning nearly 2 decades. As with every company with a big output there are bound to be some stinkers though.

Yeah, I’m not saying all their games are bad, because of games like Die Hard Trilogy and Extreme-G. Probe Entertainment seemed to have way more misses than hits though.

Edited by electricmastro

I think Froggo (only two good games), Tiertex (their port of the JVC Star Wars to the SMS/GG was one of the only good things they did), Micronics (their only good game was Spriggan Powered), and Micronet come to mind. Seriously, Acclaim and Titus have nothing on them. At least the former had Turok, Extreme G, Stargate, Iggy's Reckin' Balls, and Judge Dredd (SNES & Genesis/MD); the latter had Ardy Lightfoot (Underrated) and the Prehistorik franchise.

5 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Im surprised at how many people answered with Acclaim. I thought they had some good stuff in the N64 and Gamecube era.

Acclaim's output is pretty half and half I'd say, publishing games like Double Dragon II, Trog!, and Super Smash T. V. Their biggest source of fanfare probably came in the form of Mortal Kombat II on SNES.

jwdG3Ij.png

Edited by electricmastro

18 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Damn, I thought you mentioned it in the obscure games thread because it was surprisingly good, not bad ?

Hey, Genesis Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein looks janky and plays rough, but it actually has some interesting things going on once you figure out what the heck the game is really about. The Sega CD game, which is completely 100% different, is awesome.

This is a hard question to answer. Even some of the most reliably bad port mills like Tiertex and Black Pearl have some bright spots, and if you consider the miserable lives of their employees those bright spots are faintly miraculous.

That said end-stage NEC’s contractors seem to be strong contenders.

• Thanks 2

On 5/10/2022 at 2:50 AM, Frozone212 said:

Radical Entertainment

I know they made Bebe's Kids on SNES and Rocky and Bullwinkle on NES, but their output in the 2000s saves them from being a total disaster: The Incredible Hulk, Scarface, Prototype, The Simpsons, etc.

Edited by electricmastro

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Hey, Genesis Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein looks janky and plays rough, but it actually has some interesting things going on once you figure out what the heck the game is really about.

I actually think it looks great like most late Genesis games, at the animation is very good. But indeed, I didn't understand what I was supposed to do, but it's very quickly obvious the basic enemies, the farmers, will be very tedious because they're very hard to hit without being hit in return. ? I can already picture an AVGN episode about that. ?

• Like 1

They're completely unrelated games anyway but don't let that Dick Tracy game on NES make you think that the Genesis one isn't a masterpiece. It was created by the guy that made the original Shinobi and Crack Down, and it's an awesome mix between Rolling Thunder and Cabal.

• Like 4

1980s-1990s: Mythicon (All of their games sucked even though they only made three)
1990s-2000s: THQ (Almost every game they made was really frustrating to play)
2000s-2010s: Activision? (Cash cows, reskin after reskin)
2010s-2020s: EA (Similar to Activision but with microtransactions)
2020s-Present: ???

Just my opinion

Edited by Atariperson23
  • Like 1