IGNORED

HSC & KO : Season #3 - Game #10 (KO Game #10) - Lock 'n Chase

And then there was four... for this game started to think what did Mattel have four of in a game... Wow, Mattel certainly did use "four" in a ton of their titles... Four games in Sharp Shot, 4 enemies in Night Stalker, 4 Cops in Lock 'n Chase (4 times to grab the money bag too per level), 4 enemies (to start) in BurgerTime!, 4 snakes in Snafu... we could definitely go on (4 players in Bowling we just did) ok I'm done....

So, without further ado, the game for the Final Four is ....

> > > Lock 'n Chase < < <

Think about it, 4 skill levels (we will be playing Fastest (white-disc) setting)), 4 enemies (cops), 4 trips to the bank (dollar sign), 4 corners to lock cops in, 4 potential escapes from the maze each level. A perfect FINAL FOUR competition.

Scores will be accepted until March 18th, 2012 @ 10:30am Eastern.

Players remaining in the King of the Mountain KO Competition

Last Update: FINAL BOLD = Eliminated

1. cparsley - 129,940 ( +10 )
  2. gezkc - 116,000 ( +9 )
  3. JacobZu7 - 44,720 ( +8 )
  4. ed1475 - 33,360 ( +6 )

HSC Ranking Scores

1. jblenkle - 3,280 (5th) ( +4 )

HSC Score Ranking (Thru 9 games)

1. gezkc - 68
  2. JacobZu7 - 66
  3. cparsley - 53
  4. goldenband - 34
  5. ed1475 - 34
  6. Akito001 - 33
  7. Fallout_002 - 33
  8. Skosh - 17
  9. INTVDude - 13
  10. INTVGuy97 - 12
  11. Roadrunner - 9
  12. patbb - 5
  13. jblenkle - 5
  14. HatNJ - 3
  15. crade - 2
  16. RetroGam3 - 2

Edited by cparsley

Game crashed twice or three times,... I tested another cart and that one is fine...

This is probably my last round, I never been great at this one...

A few of the last VCS titles you have done have had me thinking the same, I think you may still have something your not expecting in you Jacob!

Still didn't make it past the heart level(!) My all time high score though, so I'm pleased enough with that. :)

post-29353-0-59034100-1331673450_thumb.jpg

Woah nelly... over 100ks on Lock 'N Chase....! :-o :twisted: :thumbsup:

It appears the heart stage was almost over there... just needed to run through the gate??

Here's an improvement after at least 10 more tries...

post-3059-0-89953600-1331682147_thumb.jpg

Game crashed twice or three times,... I tested another cart and that one is fine...

This is probably my last round, I never been great at this one...

A few of the last VCS titles you have done have had me thinking the same, I think you may still have something your not expecting in you Jacob!

Well thank you, :thumbsup:

I hope to keep pushing my limit here, gonna' and gotta' be tough... !

I'll put bank (I know, puns) that there was a coin or two under where the "Game Over" is, cause the door on top wouldn't be closed otherwise.

No, actually Jacob was right :thumbsup: - I'd collected all the coins, but got captured just as I picked up the last one. I went into the heart level with 4 lives and lost them all (2 of them just trying to collect the last 4 or 5 gold coins!).

The game speeds up so much on that level that I just find it impossible to outrun the cops; they actually catch you up in a straight line. I'll give it another try or two this week, but I don't fancy my chances much!

I'll put bank (I know, puns) that there was a coin or two under where the "Game Over" is, cause the door on top wouldn't be closed otherwise.

No, actually Jacob was right :thumbsup: - I'd collected all the coins, but got captured just as I picked up the last one. I went into the heart level with 4 lives and lost them all (2 of them just trying to collect the last 4 or 5 gold coins!).

The game speeds up so much on that level that I just find it impossible to outrun the cops; they actually catch you up in a straight line. I'll give it another try or two this week, but I don't fancy my chances much!

Wow... talk about pushing the game as far as you can take it...! :-o

Disc setting is the fastest and toughest to play. It's really difficult for me to figure out... where the cops will go as they move side to side. Sometimes they chase you and other times don't. Always seem to be in the way! :mad:

Someone asked me when I was going to get my post up (and also asked what was beyond the heart), and let's take care of both of those with the same post..

post-25689-0-15044300-1331917541_thumb.jpg

This is the start of the 3rd Heart level (and when I mean start, I died on my last life grabbing the last coin while trapped on a green "temporary" door, while Red cop nailed me. The game flashed the cops purple, played the level end sounder, and setup for the next level (with no lives, it didn't play, but hence why there's a full level setup showing)

PS - As for the speed of those cops, ____ _______ (fill in with your favorite profanity). I noticed though chasing they were the same speed as you (as I had blue as a shadow most of the first heart level), but when they are cornering they are faster!!! lol

Edited by cparsley