IGNORED

Snes and Nes vs S-N-E-S and N-E-S (poll)

How do you do it?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you say????

• Pronounce Snes and Nes
    • Letters Individually (S-N-E-S and N-E-S)
    • Super Nintendo and Nintendo
    • Other (pwease explain)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Although I never say it myself, I don't get annoyed by the pronounced "nesssss", but for some reason, the pronounced "SSSNESSS" makes me want to strangle a puppy.

For me N-E-S and Super N-E-S.

Hey....let us leave the cute innocent Puppies out of this.....can't we all just get along?

lol!

I usually refer to the Nintendo Entertainment System as the N-E-S. But sometimes I call it "the Nintendo" because back when I originally had it, that's what we called it, just like folks called the VCS "the Atari."

I usually refer to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System as the Super N-E-S.

25 years ago....its was not "Hey lets go play some NESS.....or ness...! It was lets go play some Nintendo! And for the record a gameboy was never a nintendo....its always been A Gameboy....now I hear people calling it a Brick??? WELL..that may be what it is now, but when it was released, thats not what you were calling it then..>!

It was Nintendo on the Go! (just with worse gameplay)

I voted for Super Nintendo and Nintendo, I say N-E-S & S-N-E-S also.

It also bugs the fuck out of me when people call the Xbox..Xbox 1 or Original Xbox, it's just Xbox..that pisses me off

There's worse things than trying to distinguish a brand from a product...

My friends and I in the '90s used to call the SNES a "sness" all the time, either that or just "Super," as in, Hey, what Super games you got? The NES was casually referred to as a "Normal Nintendo," clearly differentiating it from the Super. At the time, everyone understood each other just fine.

I've called them ness and sness for years, and I've been gaming since before the NES came out. Those aren't the only things I call them but I use those plenty. I also use NES, SNES, Super NES, Super Nintendo, and occasionly I may just call the NES a Nintendo. Just because some of you never heard those terms back in the day, that doesn't mean they weren't used. I will grant you that ness and sness are the least common ways to say the names of the systems though.

Only people I've ever heard call it a "sness" were too young to have been around back then.

It also bugs the fuck out of me when people call the Xbox..Xbox 1 or Original Xbox, it's just Xbox..that pisses me off

Me too, but there's no way around it =/ I try just calling it an XBox, and people are like "Oh dude, what's your gamer tag??" =|

Even though nobody I know calls the 360 an "XBox". It's just "360".

Maybe I should start calling it "regular XBox" like we used to do with the NES back in the day.

Regular Playstation =) Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Written: NES, Nintendo, SNES, Super NES, Super Nintendo

Spoken: N-E-S, Nintendo, Super N-E-S, Super Nintendo

I've never said "Ess-en-ee-ess" when referring to the SNES. It takes just as much effort to just enunciate "Super" with the addition of not sounding like a snake.

Saying "Ness" or "Sness" just sounds stupid. :lol: I would probably assume (rightly or wrongly) that anyone that pronounces it like that wasn't around back in the day. As far as I remember, nobody called it that. It's as ear-cringing as hearing someone call cartridges "tapes". If someone were to say "Ness" or "Sness" to me in real life I'm sure I wouldn't know WTF they were talking about at first.

Maybe it's a UK/Irish/European thing, but we all called it nes and snes.

Edited by so_tough!