IGNORED

Business Opportunity with Video Game Trader

*** Due to potential law violations i have removed the investment offer ***

However, Video Game Trader is still looking for a private loan, up to $25,000. If anyone is interested, please contact us and we can discuss. Our 2011 sales were $300,000+ and our 2012 sales are on track for at least that much.

Edited by Thomas Sansone

Have you consulted an attorney about this? I can't speak to the laws in your state, but I believe a solicitation of investment of this type may trigger state and Federal securities laws which don't allow mass solicitation of investors in this way.

Edited by bojay1997

Wouldn't a bank loan be a better way to go? With your $300,000 a year figure, after 5 years you will be paying back $75,000 on a $25,000 loan. That's steep. If sales increase as expected you will be paying much more than that.

edit.

Ok I see it is 25k not 300k not sure why he didn't try this yet.

Edited by Buyatari

Is this the same company that created a magazine, took subscriptions, and then failed to send them out reliably to subscribers? Good luck with that...

That was a different mag. I get this one quarterly.

Wish they would go through the price guide a bit more; found quite a few items with low values several times higher than the high values listed.

It's a decent magazine. Personally, I would think it would make more sense to get the website squared away and fully stocked before a physical store, especially with a niche market like classic gaming. I wish them luck with their new venture.

Hi, what's your primary source of sales? No offense but there doesn't seem to be a lot of inventory on your website, or am I looking in the wrong places?

I think you are looking in the wrong categories. Don't forget the USED and NEW category tabs at the top of the pages. We currently have over 7000 active items. And a storage unit full of stuff not in inventory yet.

Also,

As a side note I am taking down the indiegogo listing as i was informed that it might violate securities laws :). If anyone is interested in Loaning money to us please private message me.

Have you consulted an attorney about this? I can't speak to the laws in your state, but I believe a solicitation of investment of this type may trigger state and Federal securities laws which don't allow mass solicitation of investors in this way.

Yes, I spoke to my accountant and am taking down the listing. I was told i need to structure this more like a loan than an investment.

Tad off topic but whatever happened to the con you were going to do?

Going back on topic, what else would be featured in the store any preiviews?

By con i hope you mean convention. We did put on a small video game expo a couple years ago. But these things are more time consuming to plan and run so i put the next one on hold.

Our store is set to open in May. It will feature mostly PS2 and earlier stuff with some newer (mostly used) stuff in the mix. I will also be taking pre-orders for new games. I believe we will also be selling alot of the Hyperkin stuff.

We will also have action figures and strategy guides. Some Apple electronics as well. I'm also going to try and stock some oddball video game related stuff you don't see around much anymore.

Is this the same company that created a magazine, took subscriptions, and then failed to send them out reliably to subscribers? Good luck with that...

That was a different mag. I get this one quarterly.

Wish they would go through the price guide a bit more; found quite a few items with low values several times higher than the high values listed.

It's a decent magazine. Personally, I would think it would make more sense to get the website squared away and fully stocked before a physical store, especially with a niche market like classic gaming. I wish them luck with their new venture.

We are constantly working on the price guide. Its a tough one to manage. But as things are pointed out we do try and correct them. We do have thousands of items on the stie, not sure why you are not finding them.

Nope not us. That was the "other" magazine.

OK, sorry about that. It is/was a very similar name...

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I figure this was the best of the available choices.

TRS Game Trader Inc (owner of videogametrader.com and vgtradermag.com) just posted a business opportunity on IndieGoGo. We are looking to raise funds for our expansion into retail (we just signed the lease and are opening up our first small retail store in Brick, NJ... should be open by May 1st as long as the town issues all permits on time).

We are looking to raise $25,000 in $100 & $1,000 increments. Each $100 investment gives you a 5-year equity stake in the GROSS sales of TRS Game Trader. Yes, GROSS, not NET. Gross Sales in 2011, without a retail store was over $300,000.

Details can be found here. Feel free to ask any questions below.

Thanks,

Tom Sansone

I wanted to clarify something about a bank loan and the reason we are not going that route.

Its very simply. Since we are renting our house, no bank will give us a loan because we don't have collateral. Even though we have $300,000 in sales for 2011, they want the loan secured.

So, we are trying the private loan route.

Nope not us. That was the "other" magazine.

OK, sorry about that. It is/was a very similar name...

No problem. I completely understand.

BTW I was one of those that paid and never received my subscription.