IGNORED

LUXOR .... 'fruit' machine with egyptian theme!

TEXAS_JOE

Thankyou Karsten and grated topping :)

The wins are pretty tough, yes. I decided to work the random reel stops roughly on a real fruit machine, which are tough too!

I've had more $2 and $5 wins lately and not many $10 wins at all.

Edited by TEXAS_JOE

Yes, each reel has a certain layout of symbols , I think usually the same amount of each symbol on each reel, and most definately a 'null' symbol too,

for example on the Bar-X machines we have the X, O, and usually a 7 .... the O is null, won't usually win anything if it comes up OOO but sometimes there are variations on this particular type of machine that pays out a small win with an OXO .... the 777 pays the highest but the probability of that happening is slim, due to this:

example; - X = 1 in 4 chance of reel stopping , O = 1 in 2 chance of reel stopping, 7 = 1 in 6 chance of reel stopping..... hence why 3 sevens are lucky indeed.

That's how I decided to do my game, with the Eye of Horus having a larger randomiser number (i think it was RND*10 to be honest), the King Tut has RND*8 and the Ankh has RND*6.

• Like 1

The CPU was the same (Z80), but the rest of the ABC 80 was in a completely different league, compared to the Spectrum. The ABC 80 was a computer built to perform in an office just as well as for a hobbyist.

It was a jonit venture between three companies. Dataindustrier AB made the design of the hardware, Metric AB wrote the software and Luxor AB handled the manufacturing.

The basic unit was sold with 16 kBytes of RAM and came with a specific cassette player, which could be controlled by the computer.

Then there were memory expansion and disk memory, like the dual DataDisk 80 unit, available. Only monochrome screen, though.