IGNORED

New 8-bit website

Pengwin

Time for a blatant plug.

A Few years ago, I had a site called Krazy Pengwin's Atari 8-Bit Site (or something like that).

Unfortunately, my host when bust, and I (stupidly) did not have a backup of the site (I think I deleted it by accident in a system clear out once).

Anyway, I now have a new site, that is being very generously hosted by Al.

This new site will concentrate on my development of Atari 8-bit software and Atari 8-bit 'related' software.

Anyway, here's the address, so please check it out: http://pengwin.atariage.com

• Like 2

Perhaps you could also put links to the several atari 8bit BBS's there, including perhaps a little manual HOW to connect the BBS'ses with different setups?

I'll keep that in mind. Right now I am a little busy trying to get the ACDS finished, so that I can continue with Hungry Horace.

nice start,

I liked the old site, shame it was lost :_(

I used to enjoy the chat room, some interesting nights on that :grin:

btw the old site was

KRAZY PENGWIN'S ATARI 8-BIT HOME

unfortunately the wayback machine does not give anything useful

http://web.archive.org/web/20080926003142/http://www.krazypengwin.co.uk/

Edited by mimo

Thanks Mimo.

As the new site states, this time, it is more of a platform for showing off and distributing my relevant software.

However, knowing what I am like, I may well change a few things. Originally, before I started coding Hungry Horace, I had planned to do a game reviews site (remember my Archon review?). I enjoyed doing thos, particularly comparing the games to other versions. So that 'may' come back. As Marius suggested, a bbs list with instructions on how to log in through various systems (A8 via PC, A8 via Mac, Mac, PC, etc) and how to communicate with the different software (I use BobTerm for some and ICE-T for others).

The site, like my last one, will be organic, so I am always open to suggestions.

I probably won't host a chat room tis time though. I don't think Al would be too pleased if I did, plus we already have the chat room on here. Maybe we should start a regular Wednesday chat again?

The one thing that I won't bring back is the pages of my collection. These days, it is VERY small. I sold off virtually all of my software a few years back and My 1010 is now in Electronic Heaven.

But, as I receive suggestions, and as I think of things, when I have the time the site will probably grow. I'll probably even re-create an Oric page as I am thinking of converting some of the games I write for A8 over to Oric Atmos as well.

Thanks Mimo.

As the new site states, this time, it is more of a platform for showing off and distributing my relevant software.

However, knowing what I am like, I may well change a few things. Originally, before I started coding Hungry Horace, I had planned to do a game reviews site (remember my Archon review?). I enjoyed doing thos, particularly comparing the games to other versions. So that 'may' come back. As Marius suggested, a bbs list with instructions on how to log in through various systems (A8 via PC, A8 via Mac, Mac, PC, etc) and how to communicate with the different software (I use BobTerm for some and ICE-T for others).

The site, like my last one, will be organic, so I am always open to suggestions.

I probably won't host a chat room tis time though. I don't think Al would be too pleased if I did, plus we already have the chat room on here. Maybe we should start a regular Wednesday chat again?

The one thing that I won't bring back is the pages of my collection. These days, it is VERY small. I sold off virtually all of my software a few years back and My 1010 is now in Electronic Heaven.

But, as I receive suggestions, and as I think of things, when I have the time the site will probably grow. I'll probably even re-create an Oric page as I am thinking of converting some of the games I write for A8 over to Oric Atmos as well.

good idea with the Wednesday chat, I would be up for that. And now I'm not a vampire I should be able to log on before the other uk people go to bed

so are you just using emulation now, or do you still have an xl?

read your signature, still got the XL then :cool:

I have a spare working xc12 and a few games that you can have if you are interested.

Edited by mimo

hi, why you use JS to open html links?

That's not my decision. I am using a program called RapidWeaver, which is a theme based web design system. I didn't want the hassle of coding the sit from scratch like I did last time.

nice start,

I liked the old site, shame it was lost :_(

I used to enjoy the chat room, some interesting nights on that :grin:

btw the old site was

KRAZY PENGWIN'S ATARI 8-BIT HOME

unfortunately the wayback machine does not give anything useful

http://web.archive.o...ypengwin.co.uk/

Thanks for the link Mimo. I forgot all about the wayback machine.

That gives me a basis for possibly recreating the old site, or at least adding some of that information to the new site.

I can already see that the new site is going to have to go under a slight redesign if I am going to put some of the old stuff back on, so it will have to wait a while, but it may well happen.

"New site for an old generation" makes me feel old :( Maybe change old, to older :D

Maybe I should change it to 'simpler', or even 'better' :-D

@Pengwin: have you tried searching archive.org for your old site? It is very possible all or most of it is archived there using "the wayback machine". what was the domain name of your old site?

Thanks Mark. Mimo had already pointed me to this. Unfortunately, it hasn't managed to capture the whole site, but it has allowed me to retrieve some of it.