IGNORED

Park Patrol, Bruce Lee, Zany Golf & Other game requests

Math You

Before the XM came along I did take a look at porting the A8 version of Bruce Lee directly to the 7800 (its one of my favourites too). Due to the poor availability of donor cart PCBs with a suitable amount of RAM (to contain a linear video frame buffer) the project didn't get very far. With the abundance of RAM and a POKEY in the XM I might go back to the project at some point.

• Like 4

Before the XM came along I did take a look at porting the A8 version of Bruce Lee directly to the 7800 (its one of my favourites too). Due to the poor availability of donor cart PCBs with a suitable amount of RAM (to contain a linear video frame buffer) the project didn't get very far. With the abundance of RAM and a POKEY in the XM I might go back to the project at some point.

Fingers are crossed. :)

Fingers are crossed. :)

It'll be at least a year away. I have several other projects to get out of the door (not all 7800 either) before I go back to cross system porting again. If somebody else wants to make a start on the project before then I could give them a hand. Reverse engineering and adapting existing code between machines isn't a project suitable for a novice so they'd need quite a bit of 6502 experience. Porting something like Star Raiders or Defender might be a good learning exercise to start off with because they are smaller cartridge based games.

• 8 years later...

I wonder if Park Patrol would be possible for Atari 8-bit computers. I also wonder if 'Death Race' would be possible for Atari 2600.. I mean, it exists for VIC-20, C16, Atari 8-bit computers and C64 (was fun to play all versions in a row this morning on real computers), and Enduro is almost the same thing already, so yeah.

I also wonder what Impossible Mission for Atari 8-bit computers might look like..

Hm, I am off-topic, aren't I? Sorry about that. I just wasn't sure where to put these particular wonderings.

8 hours ago, Monk said:

Hm, I am off-topic, aren't I? Sorry about that. I just wasn't sure where to put these particular wonderings.

Wonderings about possible ports for the Atari 8-bit computers and the Atari 2600 was placed as a new post to a thread on the Atari 7800 forum, in which the last post from that thread was 9 years ago.

:ponder:

Perhaps a post to the Atari 8-Bit Computer forum and/or Atari 2600 forum would be a better place. ;)

On 3/24/2012 at 8:36 PM, GroovyBee said:

@John Stamos Mullet: Why do you hate a few selected programmers so much?it's up to them if they want to share....Anyway I reverse engineered the sega master system version of Bruce Lee over a year ago(maybe it was two I can't recall),but that's not really what you want here,but I can put you in touch with the c64 programmer that reverse engineered the c64 version of bruce lee if that will help.

This is the version I documented

The programmer of this handled the states in a very long compare structure for Bruce Lee,Ninja & Yamo though,but if someone wanted to port the z80 to 6502 I'll share the disassembled,commented code.

Edited by CloakeD

4 hours ago, CloakeD said:

@John Stamos Mullet: Why do you hate a few selected programmers so much?it's up to them if they want to share....Anyway I reverse engineered the sega master system version of Bruce Lee over a year ago(maybe it was two I can't recall),but that's not really what you want here,but I can put you in touch with the c64 programmer that reverse engineered the c64 version of bruce lee if that will help.

This is the version I documented

The programmer of this handled the states in a very long compare structure for Bruce Lee,Ninja & Yamo though,but if someone wanted to port the z80 to 6502 I'll share the disassembled,commented code.

All these years, I had no idea there was a Master System version of Bruce Lee!  That looks awesome.

• Like 4

Homebrew but he did a really good job,Yamo has a more aggressive logic,could have the sprites in 160b and everything else in 160a.Not sure if that will work but it might,the porting is straight forward,AI logic isn't advanced or anything.This would be easy to port over but s good artist would need to help,that's out of my realm.

Edited by CloakeD
  • Like 1

My picks: 

Renegade.

Bonk's Adventure.

Chuck Rock (done on the Master System so possible on an 8-bit console)

A graphic adventure game like King's Quest, Space Quest, etc.  That'd require cursors and icons as the 7800 doesn't have text parser capability (no keyboard).  We had the first King's Quest on the Master System and King's Quest V on NES.