IGNORED

EU 6-pin A/V cable

matthew180

Yeah, I'd LOVE to have that cable, I could do a lot more with it. Unfortunately they are no longer made.

If you're interested in selling it let me know!

All pieces are still sold, I am quite sure. Good soldering iron (and some romantic feelings for soldering cables to plugs)... :P

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 2

Would something like this work?

PAL NTSC SECAM to PAL/NTSC Mini Bi-directional Video System Converter Switcher

Unfortunately, that is a converter between PAL and NTSC composite video. The issue here is that PAL TI-99/4A systems doesn't have a native composite video output to begin with, only the component video consisting of three signals, or if the RF modulator is hacked, access to composite video inside it. Of course if anyone has a NTSC TI-99/4A and needs it to display composite video on a PAL TV, the linked device might be handy but then again a reasonable number of PAL TV's (at least flat screens) already handle NTSC composite video in colour on their own.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd LOVE to have that cable, I could do a lot more with it. Unfortunately they are no longer made.

Hey Adam :)

the cable that Rasmus showed you, you can also build it yourself, have you seen the diagram that I posted a little above?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/195510-eu-6-pin-av-cable/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3971397

I could help you to have one but i am living in Italy, maybe someone from USA could be easier and cheaper :P

Anyway some of the LCD i tried it are not compatible with that signal, for this reason them are no longer made from the ebayer seller, he has too much problems with users that purchased cables.

I have tried it on various brands of TV, mainly: Relisys, Sony, Samsung, United

all Samusng TV/monitor i tried it was not working (out of range, Signal not recognized or showed with glitches)

on some of the sony i tried it worked and the same on most of the chinese not famous branded TV.

Edited by ti99iuc

Hey Adam :)

the cable that Rasmus showed you, you can also build it yourself, have you seen the diagram that I posted a little above?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/195510-eu-6-pin-av-cable/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3971397

I could help you to have one but i am living in Italy, maybe someone from USA could be easier and cheaper :P

Anyway some of the LCD i tried it are not compatible with that signal, for this reason them are no longer made from the ebayer seller, he has too much problems with users that purchased cables.

I have tried it on various brands of TV, mainly: Relisys, Sony, Samsung, United

all Samusng TV/monitor i tried it was not working (out of range, Signal not recognized or showed with glitches)

on some of the sony i tried it worked and the same on most of the chinese not famous branded TV.

I'm not a hardware guy, so no, I can't build my own. Which is why I said if someone can make one to give me a price quote for the work. (In the other thread I think.)

• Like 1

Sorry, my F18A console is a modified PAL console, and I use that cable for the audio. Otherwise I would be happy to sell it since I rarely use a stock PAL console (because my games run too slow at 50Hz).

Sorry, my F18A console is a modified PAL console, and I use that cable for the audio. Otherwise I would be happy to sell it since I rarely use a stock PAL console (because my games run too slow at 50Hz).

Shucks. I was hoping you maybe weren't using it anymore since getting an F18A. :)

I remember that Retro Computer Shack and others stopped making them specifically because of the fact that they only work on a limited number of tv's, so it's use the cable and find a tv set that it works with - or - composite mod in rf modulator - or - F18A upgrade.

Edited by OX.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Mates,

i`am interested in that cable. Is there anyone who sells me one for the 6PIN PAL-Version?

Did anyone tried the cable with an

YPBPR to HDMI+L/R Converter

like this one?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Professional-YPBPR-Audio-R-L-To-HDMI-Converter-Conversion-Adapter-Black/372720859742?hash=item56c7e4fa5e:g:3JkAAOSw~MRdOAko

Cheers from Germany

Sid1968

Edited by Sid1968

10 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Hi Mates,

i`am interested in that cable. Is there anyone who sells me one for the 6PIN PAL-Version?

Did anyone tried the cable with an

YPBPR to HDMI+L/R Converter

like this one?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Professional-YPBPR-Audio-R-L-To-HDMI-Converter-Conversion-Adapter-Black/372720859742?hash=item56c7e4fa5e:g:3JkAAOSw~MRdOAko

Cheers from Germany

Sid1968

I'm ordering a cable made from my vendor..will have them at arcadeshopper.com when they are done.. would be nice if there's a pal console in the states i can test on.. lmk

3 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

I'm ordering a cable made from my vendor..will have them at arcadeshopper.com when they are done.. would be nice if there's a pal console in the states i can test on.. lmk

I bought a PAL TI and if you want it, we could do business. I can bring it during the retro expo unless you need it sooner. PM me if interested!

• Like 1

Hey thank you adamantyr.

In the meantime i have some news. Ian from https://retrocomputershack.com/ told me, that he dont build that cable anymore, but he gave me a link where we can buy it soon:

https://www.techexpress.co.nz/products/texas-instruments-ti-994a-component-video-cable-pal-euro-models?variant=4422565167133

A friend of mine, who repairs my "new" used defect bought PAL Ti-99/4A recommended me this YPrPb to CVBS (Component) converter which i bought yesterday:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00IJXA3AC/ref=pe_3044161_185740101_TE_item

I dont know when my Ti-99/4A will be repaired, since he told me that he is actually in occupational and private stress. So it can take a looong time till i can test that solution by myself... ?

Edited by Sid1968

I found this cable here too... but at the moment out of stock:

https://coolnovelties.co.uk/coolnovelties/texas-instruments-ti-994a/95-texas-instruments-ti-99-4a-component-video-cable-euro-models.html

Its available at here for 19.69NZD limited Price (for the next 15 hours) + 4,92NZD Shipping:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/vintage/listing-2264675680.htm?rsqid=5ca3e489753f40b9a6c6d0c8b3850ddb-001

But only NewZealands and Australiens can register there... Is there anybody from that region that can get it for me from there? Iam from Germany.

Edited by Sid1968

Update:

After i contacted the support from  https://www.techexpress.co.nz/products/texas-instruments-ti-994a-component-video-cable-pal-euro-models?variant=4422565167133

via EMail: info@techexpress.co.nz i had a very friendly contact with Kirk. He told me about the offer at trademe.co.nz. After i mentioned that only people from New Zealand and Australia could register there,

he made it possible that i got that cable and sended me a secure paypallink via email. Thats what i call service! I paid with shipping costs from New Zealand to Germany 39,68 NZD. That were 23,95 EUR at Paypal... a fair price.

Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1

I often read that we are looking for a PAL signal of good quality or other hack. Why not use the RGB Scart interface PHA 2037 , is more easy, the quality is good, better than the modification of the PAL box PHA 2036, Work juste with ti99/4a EUR.

JL

6 hours ago, humeur said:

I often read that we are looking for a PAL signal of good quality or other hack. Why not use the RGB Scart interface PHA 2037 , is more easy, the quality is good, better than the modification of the PAL box PHA 2036, Work juste with ti99/4a EUR.

JL

ok I'll take one.. you have them to ship? is there a supply somewhere? 

Greg

12 hours ago, humeur said:

JL

Humeur i think the unavailability of the PHA 2037 is the problem!

This is what Ian from https://retrocomputershack.com/ wrote me mentioning the problem with that sort of cable:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to sell a Component video cable a long time ago, but very quickly realised it didn't work well or at all.

If you were able to get a picture, then the colours would be wrong. Lots of blue and not much else.

This company claims to have a working Component video cable. Maybe you want to try them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now lets read the product description on that website:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Instruments Ti-99/4A Component Video Cable for PAL Euro Models.

This component cable is specifically designed to provide the sharpest video and sound for your collectable retro Texas Instruments Ti-99/4A computer system.

• Ultra thick and flexible PVC jacket with colour coded connectors to simplify installation.
• Compatible with all CRT, LCD, LED, OLED, or Plasma television displays with inputs for component video.
• This lead requires component inputs (Red, Green and Blue RCA phono cinch sockets) on your TV, Television or Monitor.
• This cord is for PAL New Zealand, Australian and European Ti-99/4A computers fitted with the 6 pin video output connector.
• Audio connections are provided by Red and White RCA Phono cinch connectors connected to the TI-99/4A's mono audio output to create a quasi-stereo effect.

That sounds good, so i gave it a try. This morning i got an email from Kirk that the Cable is shipped. With this email he sendet me a photo of the packet, with the shipping infos.

Could it be better? But... this is only what i did... You have to do what you think is right or not.

As i mentioned before my TI-99/4A is in repair... maybe for a looong time. If one of you would give this cable a try too, he can report here if its working.

Edited by Sid1968

3 hours ago, Sid1968 said:

Humeur i think the unavailability of the PHA 2037 is the problem! 

No look on ebay.fr or Request here.

It's been years that I read, the image of my IT is bad in pal, I hack to improve that in the end always so bad result While there is a possibility in RGB, why not use it.

It is true that the PAL or NTSC is the market video formats, both bad, French Secam is technically much better, In our case it's RGB everywhere on the forums of old video game video everyone dream of RGB So use it! .

1 hour ago, humeur said:

you have what in exchange possible

Euros. I have nothing to exchange. Iam completly new in TI. My just bought TI-99/4A is in repair... that could take month.

If someone would sell me a working TI-99/4a for a friendly price i would be glad.

Since iam normally a commodore guy i could offer alternativ for a full working TI-99/4a a full working recapped (New electolytic capacitors)

Commodore C64 (PAL) or VIC-20 (NTSC or PAL).

Edited by Sid1968

I can help someone to have cables Component Cables but anyway i am in Italy and probably it will be easier and less expensive on the links you posted.
Just compatibility with TV/Monitors will be very hard, keep this in mind.

Edited by ti99iuc

Yes anyway it is not the true :)

It is not compatible on all monitor/TV, check my previous replies  about it  please

1 hour ago, Sid1968 said:

Thx.

Read above. Description says:

Compatible with all CRT, LCD, LED, OLED, or Plasma television displays with inputs for component video.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Thanks 1