IGNORED

EU 6-pin A/V cable

matthew180

don't seem to me that the cable from that company has an added circuit on it and our PAL TI99 can have one only working pinout possible,

this is why  i doubt it will 100% compatible as explained in the description.

anyway for the price you can try of course, so that we will have a confirm on what i only suppose at the moment.

Edited by ti99iuc

You cant say that a cable dont work, that you didnt tested. Thats not reputable.

I will test it as soon ill have my TI-99/4A back from repairing or having a new one.

Or maybe another mate from this forum will test it before.

Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1

well, maybe you are misunderstanding me, i never said that the cable will not work... i said... the cable is not 100% compatible with all Monitor/TV so keep it in mind.

so, i mean that it could work, if you have a TV or Monitor with compatible signal with YUV2 componet that TI99 PAL has as his standard output.
this is a fact :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think what TI99IUC was trying to explain is that quite a few folks here have tried various PAL cables from different sources. The problems weren't with the cables (the pinout is the same for all of them), it was with specific monitor makes and models. Many will work--and just as many more won't. It IS that uncertain--and as noted, the problem won't be the cable, it will be the monitor. Some monitors won't sync on the signal the TI provides, others won't give you good (or sometimes any) color, and still others will give you horrible stripy bars between rows of pixels with your TI screen data in them. That's why a lot of folks look for the PHA 2037, as it tends to work with just about anything with a SCART input. Note also that a lot of the auctions on eBay.fr don't specifically mention the monitor cable when they are selling a complete TI. You will often find that the price of a console with a cartridge or two and a PHA 2037 cable will only cost a little more than the cable would cost on its own.  Hoffentlich hilft's, aber wenn nicht, können wir auch auf Deutsch miteinander weiter reden.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that advice. I know about the problems with that sort of cable. But to bring the case to a factual level...

we only can make assertions about it, if we test it. What if it works, maybe because of its "Ultra thick and flexible PVC jacket".

Wouldnt it be great?

So i qoute Ians (https://retrocomputershack.com/)  email again:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used to sell a Component video cable a long time ago, but very quickly realised it didn't work well or at all.

If you were able to get a picture, then the colours would be wrong. Lots of blue and not much else.

This company claims to have a working Component video cable. Maybe you want to try them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

So lets give it a try and help to test it.
Iam abosulutly not angry, if someone of you would sell me a working TI-99/4A to test it by myself... ;-)
Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 AM, Ksarul said:

I think what TI99IUC was trying to explain is that quite a few folks here have tried various PAL cables from different sources. The problems weren't with the cables (the pinout is the same for all of them), it was with specific monitor makes and models. Many will work--and just as many more won't. It IS that uncertain--and as noted, the problem won't be the cable, it will be the monitor. Some monitors won't sync on the signal the TI provides, others won't give you good (or sometimes any) color, and still others will give you horrible stripy bars between rows of pixels with your TI screen data in them. That's why a lot of folks look for the PHA 2037, as it tends to work with just about anything with a SCART input. Note also that a lot of the auctions on eBay.fr don't specifically mention the monitor cable when they are selling a complete TI. You will often find that the price of a console with a cartridge or two and a PHA 2037 cable will only cost a little more than the cable would cost on its own.  Hoffentlich hilft's, aber wenn nicht, können wir auch auf Deutsch miteinander weiter reden.

My conclusion after my own failed experience of trying to get a PAL TI99 to component cable to work would be to get hold of the PHA 2037 schematic and re-create the circuit to output RGB, anyone up for this?  Perhaps the standard PAL RF modulator can be modified for RGB and not only composite?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, OX. said:

My conclusion after my own failed experience of trying to get a PAL TI99 to component cable to work would be to get hold of the PHA 2037 schematic and re-create the circuit to output RGB, anyone up for this?  Perhaps the standard PAL RF modulator can be modified for RGB and not only composite?

8 hours ago, humeur said:

If it interests you I must have the scheme, and even boxes to exchange.

JL

for who is interested just started a thread now on this :) working on it since some weeks ago

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have revised my small compendium, "PORTS, PINOUTS & INFOS for TI-99/4A and Geneve9640 (19.June 2021)"

And some PDF quality improvements were done. Thus, the PDF is 45 MB now ? But so much better to read

GENEVE-9640-&-TI-99-4A-&-MISC-PINOUTs-v20b.pdf

GENEVE-9640-&-TI-99-4A-&-MISC-PINOUTs-v20b.pdf

have fun

xXx

@matthew180

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1