Sign in to follow this  
matthew180

EU 6-pin A/V cable

Yeah, I'd LOVE to have that cable, I could do a lot more with it. Unfortunately they are no longer made.

If you're interested in selling it let me know!

All pieces are still sold, I am quite sure. Good soldering iron (and some romantic feelings for soldering cables to plugs)... :P

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 2

All pieces are still sold, I am quite sure. Good soldering iron (and some romantic feelings for soldering cables to plugs)... :P

been there done that ;) ;)

If someone with the tools and skills wants to figure the cost of parts and labor and testing and make me one, give me a quote!

• Like 1

Would something like this work?

PAL NTSC SECAM to PAL/NTSC Mini Bi-directional Video System Converter Switcher

Unfortunately, that is a converter between PAL and NTSC composite video. The issue here is that PAL TI-99/4A systems doesn't have a native composite video output to begin with, only the component video consisting of three signals, or if the RF modulator is hacked, access to composite video inside it. Of course if anyone has a NTSC TI-99/4A and needs it to display composite video on a PAL TV, the linked device might be handy but then again a reasonable number of PAL TV's (at least flat screens) already handle NTSC composite video in colour on their own.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd LOVE to have that cable, I could do a lot more with it. Unfortunately they are no longer made.

Hey Adam :)

the cable that Rasmus showed you, you can also build it yourself, have you seen the diagram that I posted a little above?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/195510-eu-6-pin-av-cable/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3971397

I could help you to have one but i am living in Italy, maybe someone from USA could be easier and cheaper :P

Anyway some of the LCD i tried it are not compatible with that signal, for this reason them are no longer made from the ebayer seller, he has too much problems with users that purchased cables.

I have tried it on various brands of TV, mainly: Relisys, Sony, Samsung, United

all Samusng TV/monitor i tried it was not working (out of range, Signal not recognized or showed with glitches)

on some of the sony i tried it worked and the same on most of the chinese not famous branded TV.

Edited by ti99iuc

Hey Adam :)

the cable that Rasmus showed you, you can also build it yourself, have you seen the diagram that I posted a little above?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/195510-eu-6-pin-av-cable/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3971397

I could help you to have one but i am living in Italy, maybe someone from USA could be easier and cheaper :P

Anyway some of the LCD i tried it are not compatible with that signal, for this reason them are no longer made from the ebayer seller, he has too much problems with users that purchased cables.

I have tried it on various brands of TV, mainly: Relisys, Sony, Samsung, United

all Samusng TV/monitor i tried it was not working (out of range, Signal not recognized or showed with glitches)

on some of the sony i tried it worked and the same on most of the chinese not famous branded TV.

I'm not a hardware guy, so no, I can't build my own. Which is why I said if someone can make one to give me a price quote for the work. (In the other thread I think.)

• Like 1

Sorry, my F18A console is a modified PAL console, and I use that cable for the audio. Otherwise I would be happy to sell it since I rarely use a stock PAL console (because my games run too slow at 50Hz).

Sorry, my F18A console is a modified PAL console, and I use that cable for the audio. Otherwise I would be happy to sell it since I rarely use a stock PAL console (because my games run too slow at 50Hz).

Shucks. I was hoping you maybe weren't using it anymore since getting an F18A. :)

I remember that Retro Computer Shack and others stopped making them specifically because of the fact that they only work on a limited number of tv's, so it's use the cable and find a tv set that it works with - or - composite mod in rf modulator - or - F18A upgrade.

Edited by OX.
  • Like 1