IGNORED

No music in I-War?

Mew

Hello, upon the advice of a friend I decided to ask here to see if you guys could please help me with a problem I'm having. I have an Atari Jaguar and a few games all of which seem to run correctly. I decided to play I-WAR yesterday, and instead of hearing the awesome techno MOD music that plays at the logo screen I was greeted with silence. At first I thought I might have hit a number key by mistake so I pressed all of those, still nothing. So I took out the cartridge and cleaned the contacts with a Kleenex and blew out the Jaguar's cart port with an air duster. Still no music. All of the sound effects play correctly, just the music is missing, every song. The cartridge never has any loading problems like the red screen of death or anything.

This happens every time I put the game in and has NEVER happened before until yesterday (it used to play music just fine, loved it's soundtrack! :3 ) All my other games (Tempest 2000, Wolf 3D, Aliens Vs Predator, Kasumi Ninja, Iron Soldier, Doom) play correctly with music, so it's just this game.

Any ideas? I'm COMPLETELY baffled. Thanks for reading this, I really appreciate it. :3

oh I should probably specify it'ts a US Jaguar and I-War cart, and it's running through RF (not that third party s-video cable...)

Edited by Mew

Hello!

... I decided to play I-WAR yesterday, and instead of hearing the awesome techno MOD music that plays at the logo screen I was greeted with silence. At first I thought I might have hit a number key by mistake so I pressed all of those, still nothing. So I took out the cartridge and cleaned the contacts with a Kleenex and blew out the Jaguar's cart port with an air duster. Still no music. All of the sound effects play correctly, just the music is missing, every song.

In most Jaguar games you can adjust the volumes of music and sound effects separately, usually this can be done during the game using PAUSE.

For I-War this is described here in the manual:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_page.html?SystemID=JAGUAR&SoftwareLabelID=1094&ItemTypeID=&currentPage=6&maxPages=18

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 1

Hello!

... I decided to play I-WAR yesterday, and instead of hearing the awesome techno MOD music that plays at the logo screen I was greeted with silence. At first I thought I might have hit a number key by mistake so I pressed all of those, still nothing. So I took out the cartridge and cleaned the contacts with a Kleenex and blew out the Jaguar's cart port with an air duster. Still no music. All of the sound effects play correctly, just the music is missing, every song.

In most Jaguar games you can adjust the volumes of music and sound effects separately, usually this can be done during the game using PAUSE.

For I-War this is described here in the manual:

http://www.atariage....e=6&maxPages=18

Kind regards

Matthias

OMG THAT FIXED IT! I had no idea it saved that to the cartridge, that's cool. Thank you so much! You're a hero! :3