IGNORED

INVADER X Cartridge Release

neotokeo2001

Now that I am finally shipping out the last copies of Army of Darkness I am ready to move on to another release.

INVADER X

LIMITED RELEASE

Marooned on the ice planet Krybor, you watch legions of eerie creatures

scream overhead. They hover ominously. They give you no quarter. Attack and

destroy them, or be destroyed! Armed with your Laser Cannon, you confront the

ultimate challenge: SURVIVE!..................Or so you thought. Seems like that was

just the training mission. Now prepare for the REAL THING!! INVADER X!!

post-3832-0-28310200-1332174927_thumb.jpg

Invader X BIN:

Invader_X_cart_NEW_a2.bin

This one has been kicking around for a long time and I have always wanted to do a cartridge release. A little info for people not familiar with Invader X. From the beginning this hack was intended to be a Demon Attack 1.5 or Demon Attack Plus. I love the original version of Demon Attack but can play it for hours without any challenge. I can play until it locks up or in later versions can play until I decide to quit. My intended direction with Invader X was just to make it harder and keep the score from rolling. It has grown from there. :D

post-3832-0-76272300-1332174950_thumb.png

Changes made to Demon Attack:

Full graphic changes

Full sound changes (Nukey)

Scoring lowered

Difficulty increased

New color rotation for enemies (makes it seem like more types then there are)

At heart it is still good ole Demon Attack but I think the original idea was accomplished.

It will be offered in two versions.

1) STANDARD - Invader X cartridge and manual ONLY

2) PREMIUM - Invader X cartridge, manual, box and all the extras that I can throw in

Pricing will not be set until versions are final. The STANDARD will be under $30 and the PREMIUM will be over $50 (You can judge the PREMIUM extras by looking at previous releases that I have done (Army of Darkness/Alien Greed II)).

I will only be offering this release in the AtariAge Atari 2600 Hacks FORUM through this topic. Anyone interested in the game please send me a message with the version that you would be interested in to reserve a copy. Your AtariAge name will be posted by the number of the version that you reserve. PRIVATE will be posted if you request to be anonymous. NO MONEY will be required until the details are finalized and the game is ready to ship. This is only to reserve a copy at this time. This will be a Summer release.

ONLY A MAXIMUM OF TEN (10) PREMIUM VERSIONS WILL BE MADE

PREMIUM -

01- Neotokeo2001

02- Wonder007

03- gambler172

04- newtype5

05- TrekMD

06- bennybingo

07- iesposta

08- Private

09- Marc Oberhauser

10- ham

STANDARD -

01- Neotokeo2001

02- Wonder007

03- fandenivoldsk

04- Necron99

05- ManCaveArcade

06-

07-

08-

09-

10- EBAY

This is a not for profit release of the game so that people can enjoy the enhanced version the way Atari 2600 games should be played, A cartridge working on a real Atari 2600.

Edited by neotokeo2001

is the rom different than the original Invader X that you put out on a couple of competition carts years ago?

All of the competition carts and this version have minor color and graphic differences. This version will have all of the game play variations and extra lives that the original Demon Attack has where the competition carts had all of those options removed.

I was asked why I didn't post this in the Marketplace Forum and I will answer that here.

I am not interested in making a lot of copies due to the time and expense. I figure that the people that really appreciate Atari hacks would be the ones to see it here and that is who I want to have this release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...