IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

I read today that they released coin-ops 5 http://coinopsprojec....php?f=0&t=1250 . The only reason I actually saw it was that I was looking into what all you can do with a modded xbox .. or even a xbox 360 or PS3.

I am looking for a solution to replace my big bulky multi media PC without spending a fortune and it sounds like a modded original xbox may be the route to go. My question is what is the MAX storage you can put on it? Or can it be linked to a media server to play movies? My current HTPC has close to 10TB or sotrage with 75% of it full with emu/roms and movies.

What would suck is loosing support to being able 3DO, sega model 2 & 3, sega dreacast, and other more modrern systems that are emulated on a PC. Do you know if there is a current way to play some of these systems on an xbox or support coming in the future?

Edited by Dreygor

well, the cat's out of the bag. I had not wanted to say anything about CO5 until after I downloaded it and made sure it was ok... but YES it is out I am currently downloading it... woohoo!!! we are all so relieved finally... just FYI: my official support will not begin until after I check it all out, the torrent is kinda slow but plodding along. I should know by this time tomorrow! :)

do you really think sega dreamcast emulation has come that far? maybe I'm outta the loop, last I heard it is very slow. as for 3DO, dunno if that is coming but the xbox upgrades I do are the most stable, most versatile console for doing emulation and they are CHEAP.

now there is not enough rom for CHD games, or ISOs, but you can upload your favorite games via FTP for games that take ISO/CHD... read the reviews, check the price... the xbox1 emulates a LOT of consoles and mine come with full libraries on all cart based systems

so for future support, join the forums on coinops HQ, there are new advances every month it seems.

I won't be dealing with the PS3 or the 360 until those are dead systems and the real hacking can begin ;)

I guess the bottom line is, at $100 +ship, what do you have to lose?

mw

• Like 1

What would suck is loosing support to being able 3DO, sega model 2 & 3, sega dreacast, and other more modrern systems that are emulated on a PC. Do you know if there is a current way to play some of these systems on an xbox or support coming in the future?

Dreamcast emulation in any playable form will never be done on the original Xbox hardware. It is simply a question of system spec and resources. the original XBOX just does not have the CPU power to run an emulation layer capable of acceptable Dreamcast gameplay, does not matter how good the emulator or people optimizing the code etc. It just isn't up to it. 3DO might be possible at some point but even that again is not even so hot on PC so don't hold your breath.

true grit, my point was that it wasn't even working in full on the best machines anyway... but the xbox is a strong platform. coinops emulates PS2 games... who would have thought that was possible eh? but it won't ever do dreamcast. as for 3DO... I still for the life of me do not understand why people like that thing.. ugh :P

It just isn't up to it. 3DO might be possible at some point but even that again is not even so hot on PC so don't hold your breath.

I disagree on the 3DO emulation. Currently 4DO plays over 95% of the games flawlessly. There's a handful of games it has trouble with and no light gun support yet, But JohnnyDude is working in the right direction.

Even with that it sounds like this may be one the best all in one solutions.

50% of CO5 is downloaded.... unpacked they say it is like 66GB or so??? I hear there may be larger versions but these are done by individuals not by official CO devs... with MY installs, you already get ALL the standalone console emus so no real need to add console games/computer or handheld games.... however, arcade packs of any kind WILL be added as they come out. I will be vigilant!

woohoo... get ready. btw: 250GB is more than enough room folks and it keeps the costs down, if you want bigger I can get you bigger, but it will cost that much more... just FYI

I disagree on the 3DO emulation. Currently 4DO plays over 95% of the games flawlessly. There's a handful of games it has trouble with and no light gun support yet, But JohnnyDude is working in the right direction.

Even with that it sounds like this may be one the best all in one solutions.

Fair enough, I had not checked 3DO current emulation performance lately. But Dreamcast is certainly out of an Xbox's capabilities.

Mark, Coinops 5 is now available for download as revealed by http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/coinops-5-released-t1250.html

I read the forums as you suggested. So what are you waiting for?

Download here:

http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=60180

Note: However according Coinops forum you should become a member for $20 to underground gamer so you don't get banned. You'll understand once you read the download rules on under ground gamer as they need funds to keep the site functioning or maintained.

@ascendedmind: PLEASE read my posts, just above these... the one where i say I am downloading it, yadda yadda... I am using the torrent and I am a member and.... well, just read my posts and see for yourself... i'm way ahead of ya, but thanks for the thought.

I actually had not wanted to announce having CO5 until I had it fully downloaded and tested so that no one would be dissapointed, in case somethign went wrong but the cat IS outta the bag so there ya go... it IS out and I am on it as promised.

BP was the one who initially invited me, we miss him around here :(

1. Sorry, Shitz happening so fast! Anyhow what size HD do you recommend for a xbox with full version of coinops 5, especially if you also want to use the xbox as a mediaplayer for downloading movies & music?

2. How much would you charge for this size HD added to the xbox?

3.Do you do soft mods & hard mods depending on the version of xbox? I want a hard modded xbox with coinops 5.

4. Would my order come with xbox controllers or do you charge extra?

Please pm me.

it is totally fine, this DID happen very fast... which is funny because we have been waiting so long. do me a huge favor and re-send the rest of you message [2,3&4] and PM me with it. I am off to bed and I will address it in the morning. if you notice one of my other posts above, I am only taking pre-orders until this damn storm is done, so a few days but we can work out all the details between now and then..

I will have minor flooding in my basement and maybe some blackouts so I have to prep for that, otherwise we're cool here at casa de wolfe :) hope everyone else preps for this storm if you are in its path, gonna be big

anyway. send the PM so I can get back to you asap and we will answer all your questions and get you set up as quick as possible.

thanks for your patience, I'll be around all day Monday. hopefully with power... if I do not respond to messages for a while you will know we got a blackout.

talk to ay soon and if you know anyone else looking to get into a upgraded tricked out xbox for the best price possible, send 'em my way, I will even help with DIY.

cheers and goodnight for now

mw

The storm is hitting hard here, wind and rain.. have to watch for basement flooding and use the shopvac when needed. I am not taking any orders but PM me to reserve your new xbox with CoinOps5, I have downloaded and put it together and am copying it to my main hard drive that is used to clone all other drives. once I get a chance to play it I will report back but it is now ON officially... CO5

now let's al get through this storm un-harmed and houses in -tact

be safe

mw

hiya,

I'm sorry to report I have to suspend any on line communication until tue or wed. we have flooding in my basement and we are hoping power stays on. the storm is BAD here... so please just hang in there bro and I will get back with you asap, might be a day or two though.... thanks for your patience..

I'm sending this form-letter around to anyone who is waiting on me to respond to them. so so sorry to have to put people on hold... I'll be back soon, this flooding is not the first time and it is seepage through ground=swell of water but it is a LOT of water but with the shop vac I can keep it under control....

thanks for all your great wishes... seeya soon!!

You may have to rent or buy a sump pump from Lowes or Home Depot to pump out the water. Works fast.

Mark what joystick or controllers would you definitely recommend using with Coinops & why?

1. Can you mod the controllers for playing the classic/retro arcade games? I read about others modifying the duke controllers by microsoft.

2. If not what joystick or controller would you recommend for coinops?

3. From your experience, would you recommend using any of the 2 listed below?

a. The Dual Joystick™by x-arcade/x-gaming? Plus you can buy an adapter for original xbox

http://www.xgaming.c...me-controllers/

reviews :http://www.amazon.com/X-Gaming-X-Arcade/dp/B00006I5ZX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351550786&sr=8-1&keywords=X-Arcade

b. The Tankstick™ by x-arcade/x-gaming? Plus you can buy an adapter for original xbox

reviews: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_vg_1

You may have to rent or buy a sump pump from Lowes or Home Depot to pump out the water. Works fast.

Mark what joystick or controllers would you definitely recommend using with Coinops & why?

1. Can you mod the controllers for playing the classic/retro arcade games? I read about others modifying the duke controllers by microsoft.

2. If not what joystick or controller would you recommend for coinops?

3. From your experience, would you recommend using any of the 2 listed below?

a. The Dual Joystick™by x-arcade/x-gaming? Plus you can buy an adapter for original xbox

reviews :http://www.amazon.com/X-Gaming-X-Arcade/dp/B00006I5ZX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351550786&sr=8-1&keywords=X-Arcade

b. The Tankstick™ by x-arcade/x-gaming? Plus you can buy an adapter for original xbox

reviews: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_cp_vg_1

Hey their friend, I just spoke with Mark and he's gonna be out of commission for a few days, maybe more - he's trying to stay dry and it's not working :) so he won't be able to answer any questions for a bit.

Anyway all, he'll be back soon just keep praying for everyone out there!

well, I survived the storm, all is well, just cleanign up, no blackouts which was good, minor flooding damage it was mostly seepage from cracks in foundation. need to get some sealer..

@ascendedmind: can you PM me with all your questions?

to all: Coinops 5 is in my possession, all put together and working it fits fine on the 250GB drives with all the other emus. It does not take up much more room than the final CO4 so it is all good. ready to take orders again in a day or tow I have a few pending orders to take care of first but you can always PM and reserve.

thanks for all the well wishes, I really appreciate it and it helped my stress level not having to worry people here were pissed because I was not around to set up their orders. THANK YOU

• Like 1

I'm back in business, stomr mess dealt with, ready to get back to work here. everyone with specific questions please PM me, I will get back usually within 15mins unless it is late night after midnight here in east coast

Coinops 5 is in my possession in full, fits fine on 250GB drive with all the standalone emus. don't let people scare you with talk of 200GB versions of coinops, with my setups you already have ALL the console games anyway, ee ue copinops 5 primarily for the arcade stuff and some obscure stuff you can't get anywhere else... so we are al set to take orders I have a few in the queue but ready for more

PM away!!

btw: anyone in the storm's path, our thoughts are with you, I feel lucky as hell... I hope you can put it behind you as quickly as I did!

@ClasddicGMR: you can PM me and do a pre-order, no pay til ship... just let me know what you are going to want and I can set it aside. I already have a few pre-orders like that. you're more likely to get a non working DVD version saved for longer than one with a working DVD drive, plus it is cheaper. in my opinion, the DVD is superfluous once the xbox is modded

IDEA: hey, so what do you guys think of this idea I just had for distributing large updates without torrents or usenet. like coinps 5, etc.

100 GB

I could set up a low cost file server for encoded/password protected archives for each customer. this way I could fill it with all sorts of info.

the other idea would be to get Al here at AtariAge to help. for him to let me take over the XPort forums for xbox emulation which have all but been abandoned... I was talking with Al and he said we could discuss it. maybe I can host the FAQs and tutorials here in AA and the actual files, the large files on google file share.

I need help though in the form of replies to this thread asking for more up to date info on xbox one emulation and that you'd like to see me or someone take over the Xport forum:

http://www.atariage....on-development/

Imagine if this forum was filled with organized, concise and regularly updated information about xbox1 emulation, with links to the various xbox hackers here on AAm myself,

mikeosoft & other trustworthy atariagers who mod, sell and procure specialty items, looking at you the.golden.ax .... I'm talking people without a store already, or of they do, can help run another without a conflict of interest.

• Like 1