IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

Looked at the X arcade sticks but that would have been twice as expensive what I spent for the two sticks, and was also bigger than I wanted. Once I actually looked at my basement.....I was like man this thing need to be small or I am in trouble.

I am sure they are great as everyone has them. On the other hand...everyone has them.

they ARE great. got mine on sale for $99 for the dual stick, no trackball

If I coulda found one that cheap...I'd have probably gone for it quick (I'd never miss the trackball myself). They seem to be commanding quite a premium now on secondary markets. Best deal seems to be go direct to xarcade and with the adapter it was 155 before shipping. Too rich for my blood right now.

I can always upgrade later and use the Mayflash on the PC upstairs But as it was....my upcoming-birthday goodwill (the Xbox and now the joysticks was my present, natch) with the wife has been exhausted. Ha!

I got mine around christmas time. I'd look for deals around the holidays on them . I think mine was nabbed over at DailySteals.com this is a good site to sign up to for daily mailers on stuff. every now and then you find a great deal on something there, I don't mind the spam when I get a gold nugget every now and then :) so sign up to their newsletter, it comes out every day I believe because they change the deal every 24hrs weather it sells out or not. some things sell out ver quickly. I picked up some flat screen 32" TVs from them that way for $200. shipping on ANY item is always $5 no matter what it is

Mine are soft-modded, I do have chipped xboxes but I am not selling the right now. there several advantages over the mod chip that the softmod has, aside from that, the real feature/strength is under the hood, please PM me for details if you care to

thanks for your interest

Mark

• Like 1

ok, so here are the pros as i see them for each type of mod, others feel free to chime in as long as the discussion remains civil :)

pros for mod chip:

assuming you get one of the better ones w/ an external CD readout, has a larger chunk of memory to hold more than one and switch between more than one bios and you can still find one that does not cost an arm and a leg to install

you get some features available to you by the bios swap that are pretty cool, bypass the DVD so that can be removed and you can make yourself a "slim" xbox". makes it easy to use larger SATA Hard Drives, and that is an advantage that allows you to have a more complete library on hand. cost, labor, and reliability are cons with this choice in my opinion

soft mod pros:

no hassle, FREE to install, unless you get someone to do it for you, but even then it is MUCH cheaper [especially if you buy MY DIY kit - shameless plug] . it does not fail due to the mod being unstable, the xbox can still fail but not because of the soft mod. a modchip can fail on you like that, and leave you totally fucked, I have had no less than 6 chipped xboxes sent to me since last august by people who had this problem which is why I have about 6 chipped xboxes I am thinking of doing something with, most likely making custom "slim" xboxes using SATA drive and a very cool 360XBMC dashboard [something i am working on as i write this actually and hope to offer in non-chipped xboxes as well]. All six of those customers went with a soft mod instead and thought about what they REALLY wanted to use the thing for.

TSOP mod Pros

I actually think this method is the best out of the bunch, but for the cost, again when you get into any labor intensive stuff you have cost associated with it, and SATA drives in the 1-2TB range are still around $90 or so, whereas for about that much you can get yourself a nice softmodded xbox with all the trimmings under the hood and call it a day. I am learning to do these mods, they are pretty simple and seem to be very reliable. sort of the best of both worlds, without the extra memory for larger or dual bios settings.

in the end, you have to ask yourself; 'what are my goals with this xbox?"... I always ask everyone who wants one of these from my store if I get the chance. For instance, I have all the cool smart TV gadgets I could ever need I do NOT need XBMC so I do NOT need extra space for media. I also have no desire to play that many original xbox one games, so I opt for a non working DVD drive [son to be offered in a brand new case with NO dvd drive] and lastly, my main use is for emulation only, and for that mostly for Arcade use. getting a tricked out xbox for MY purposes would be like killing a fly with a machine gun. whereas you may find that you want a LOT of extra features, and things you don't already have one or two of in your entertainment system, I speak mostly of XBMC, if you have a ROKU or a smart samsung Bluray or TV then you're god to go on that front, but if not and you don't even own a 360 then this might be a great alternative and having something tricked out my be just the ticket for you.

So there ya have it, my personal take on the subject. I do also suggest talking to SoftMike as well for a 2nd opinion, he's on these forums too but I think he may be on hiatus at the moment. he is quite knowledgable and can do the installation work better than I can, but if you want soft modded, and tons under the hood, PM me for more details :)

cheers

and good luck with your choice

Mark

well I did my own softmod back in 2007 with a 250 gig WD drive, so I am good there, but what I want to do is be able to change drives without dealing with the whole lock / unlock crap and hoping a software boink on the disk causes me headache

+ I have another box sitting around I would like to do and get rid of and there is a fellow member selling Xecuter chips for a little under retail cost

well if that's all it is, then I have to say the EASIEST thing is to do the ChimpX unlock/lock procedure. I have full instructions and a video tutorial as well if you buy my DIY kit. that is truly the simplest way and cheapest way to do what you're saying

Just sold the Mnt Dew Xbox. so anyone who had hoped to snag it, someone laid down the money first.

I can still do other case mods and soon will have even more stuff to offer. and of course the sales for atariage members is still in effect

M

Hey Mark, I am probably going to be selling off my vectrex collection to get one of your systems. What do you figure my best option is with the following information. I already have a xbox 360 and smart tv for features and nifty stuff and a very large console collection so I am not really wanting any console games. I would love to just get all arcade games and slowly build a cabinet to accent my console collection. Can you do just arcade games? or does it have to be all or nothing? Sorry if its a stupid question lol I was looking around at videos and tutorials and am kind of overwhelmed lol.

heard from MIke he's doing good... says he'll be back in the swing soon

I will be posting a couple new items for sale soon a "slim" original xbox see photos above in previous post and a GBATV, which is a sort of consolized GBA with a snes controller. these are custom mods only available through me from the modder who did them, I'll put them up here and on my store

still running a sale for atariagers on discount xboxes with stuck-tray DVD drives and a 200GB HD $75 shipped free

• Like 1

Just FYI, this new sale I have been conducting has been getting a lot of takers, it goes like this:

finickyDVD*/200GB/cleaned&refurbed/no controllers or wires**: $80 shipped for free in usa

finickyDVD*/250GB/cleaned&refurbed/no controllers or wires**: $95 shipped for free in usa

larger hard drives are also available, current stock includes:

300GB - add $30 [to $80 base model]

320GB - add $35 [to $80 base model]

currently out of 400GB & 500GB HDDs

controllers, A/V - reg & hi-def, light guns & driving wheels all sold separately

if interested please email me . I can answer you much faster via email: mark@gameovary.com

* - "finicky DVD" means it may or may not stick, may or may not read media, or not all media, they have been tested to be sure they do not cause a problem with operation of xbox but otherwise mostly untested. if the tray sticks I put in a blank cd which makes it 95% more likely to open when you press the open drawer button and we suggest you always keep this blank in there, also to unstick a tray you can often press in or quicly push in on the tray while pressing the open tray button. NEVER try to pry or pull open the DVD tray if it is stuck. The drives usually can read at least mech assault which is used to md the xbox but no testing beyond that has been done

** - "no wires" means you get no A/V or Power cables. I will send you a free power cable when requested if you do buy A/V cables from me, regular standard xbox video or hi-def 720P Component or S-Video cables

• Like 1