IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

Thinking about doing a sale on 300+320GB systems. I t has been damn near impossible to find 400+500GB drives.. still looking under every rock though.

the god news is, more and more of the DVD drives I am getting in work, or at lest most of the way, but very little sticking and as long as the game is not scratched, it will read it.

August sale is still on, I will switch it out early next week after the holiday weekend, which you should all be enjoying, so have a good one!

Mark

Greetings One & All,

I am totally re-doing the GameOvary website

you will still find a nifty website when yu navigate to http://gameovary.com

but it is now a SQUARE site, using square credit card processing, a new and upcoming processor you may have seen ads for on the TEEVEE.

I can actually take CC transactions over my phone or tablet devices, but the store front allows on line sales, right now I only have ONE item for sale, it is actually the most popular package that people buy but if you want to have something added or order something just email me: mark@gameovery,com and as usual, I will work with you to find and make for you the best package for your hard earned money!!

you can still get to me through atariage and facebok of course

http://www.facebook.com/1xbox

and soon Twitter @gameovary you can follow me anytime I'm just not using it yet really.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, well I am abut to kick it up into full gear. I am taking down google checkout because they are ending it on November 20th so I won't sell anything using it past this coming weekend, my other payment service is the new "SQUARE", they have been advertising on TV a lot lately, they are the guys that let you take credit cards with your smart phone using a free reader they send you, they also now have on line stores you can set up, mine is here:

https://squareup.com/market/gameovary

they customer credit card security is really well done and very safe and no "paypal-like-bull-$v!T"

They allow site owners to make pay buttons that can be installed on any site or facebook or wherever so I will be creating a bunch of those and changing GameOvary.com around quite a bit

along with all this comes pre-holiday sales, it is hard as hell for me to sell these for under $100 but I will have some xbox "MAME Brain" packages that WILL be under $100, still with free shipping. they will not come with controllers or cables and will have "finicky DVD drives", not even stuck tray, those will be even less but "finicky" meaning they may not read all discs or have weird things going on with them, but for the true MAME enthusiast these will be PERFECT since you will have your X-Arcade controllers anyway.... which brings me to some exciting news, I will be going in on some cross promotion with the folks over at X-Arcade, I can't reveal all the details but we hope to cross promote our products and offer customers a way to get a home MAME machine [providing your own screen] for around $200 on up.

Right now I am offering, once again, AtariAgers, special deals on ALL my xbox packages, but you have to message me or email me to find out the list of deals early. I will be listing them to all soon but my hops is to get some long time hold-outs who have been waiting for a lower price, well now is the time to get a MAMR BRAIN for as cheap as they are likely to be anytime.

For existing customers, I will be offering SOFTWARE updates and upgrades very soon it will require you to learn and use FTP to and from your XBOX. I know some are timid with that and think they are not tech savvy enough but I will provide a tutorial and hold your hand through email to help you learn how easy it is to do on your own.

Lastly, this is a great time to get in on the last of the D.I.Y. kits I have in stock... soft-mod, refurb & upgrade your own xbox for a lot less then it cost to buy a fully pre-built one from me or cheaper than sending me your xbox... I have 250GB, 300GB, 320GB & a few 400GB hard drives. It is getting a LOT harder to find 400GB & 500GB IDE drives for a good price. I don't want to have to charge $100 or more just for a 500GB IDE drive so I don't buy what is currently out there.

don't forget you CAN send me your xboxes to mod for you. customer pays shipping and only the hard drive or any other parts I use on it are guaranteed for 30 days.

Well my fellow AtariAgers, that is enough of my novel length post, but I wanted to update everyone since it has been a while, AtariAge is where this all began just making these for friends, and then friends of friends and then all of the sudden we were getting new atariage members just to use the marketplace and now I have my own site but this thread will always be a marker for when it all began officially for the xboxes [there are older threads for the modded gameboys which ARE coming back, hopefully by December.

So hit me up, let's set you up with that multi-console-emulator you've been wanting for so long because this is the cheapest it will get if you make some compromises, or it can be the be-all-end-all of setups if you pay a little more...

Let me hear from ya!!

Mark Wolfe

GameOvary

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I have a few 500GB HDs and about 6 400GB HD, tons of 320, 300 and 250GB HDs..

I have also updated the Coinops 5 to R25 which is the latest version , it has light gun support among other things. it is very nice.

older customers get in touch with me to get the upgrade, you can upgrade right from R7 which was my most recent update

I wanted to make all my customers aware of my offering the latest and possibly last version of Coinops 5. I now have Coinops 5 R26/R27 "Sunset" version with all the Arcade game pack upgrades, so it now has suppot for more than 1,000 MORE arcade games included, with light gun and trackball support. This bring the Copinops Arcade Game Total capability to somewhere over 3,000
I am offering upgrades to the latest coinops for $15
you must either ship the xbox to me and pay for return shipping or contact me about the DIY method, you need to be well versed with FTP, I do provide a tutorial but I can not be responsible if you mess up coinops because something went wrong, if you ship to me, the upgrade is fully guaranteed and i test everything, and even clean out your xbox since the last time I had it before I sold it to you :)

One of your products on gameovary says:

Mint Like-New Modded & Upgraded Xbox 250GB HD Controller & all wires

$160

Mint / Like-New Soft Modded Refurbished Xbox1 - UnleashX dashboard. XBMC Pre-Loaded 2500GB Hard Drive with all classic console emulators from Atari 2600 - Playstation One & everything in between. One Controller, power & A/V Cables Included

This isn't easily interpreted as a typo because hard drives that big actually do exist :)

UPDATE: I also saw the typo in the $140 dollar model.

thanks for the typo policing... it's all in the fine print so I'm not worried no one ever had any issues with it and that text has been there for almost a year now, but it's moot because all those entries will be deleted and new ones with "Square" buy-it-now buttons will be put in so the whole thing will change within like a week because Google Checkout is closing soon, end of November....

Hopefully this will not keep anyone from seeing the HUGE coinops 5 upgrade offer posted above this... all interested parties email me for details. I will be sending out a newsletter offer actually so no biggie either way

thanks for the heads up

thanks for the typo policing... it's all in the fine print so I'm not worried no one ever had any issues with it and that text has been there for almost a year now, but it's moot because all those entries will be deleted and new ones with "Square" buy-it-now buttons will be put in so the whole thing will change within like a week because Google Checkout is closing soon, end of November....

Hopefully this will not keep anyone from seeing the HUGE coinops 5 upgrade offer posted above this... all interested parties email me for details. I will be sending out a newsletter offer actually so no biggie either way

thanks for the heads up

I actually did come for checking out the upgrade. I don't think anyone would confuse my heads up to you with dirtying up your topic. Just wanted to help.

wasn't meaning to imply that bro I'm just on edge, this change with google is a huge upset and causing loss of business so I'm trying to do what I can do get some business in. no one has ever read the small type on those entries on gameovary and i have a typo clause anyway I think... anyway, it's all moot because those are all coming down, new BIN buttons going in place with less print, better photos

sigh.

• Like 1

yeah I could do that easy,, the drive is yours I assume? I have not seen a 750GB IDE in years. can you format it first and send it all ready to go or do you need me to do that part?

you should email me at mark@gameovary.com

I gotta run out to a meeting, I'll be back at like 5PM-ish E.S.T time so I'll get back to you

email me with everything you have and want done right down to formatting, etc

btw: I have all the tools needed to do formatting etc, just need to know how much labor we're talking

send me an email bro

• 1 month later...

HOLIDAY 2013/2014 SALE | REFURBISHED/UPGRADED ORIGINAL XBOXES SHIPPED FREE IN USA

TWO DIFFERENT PACKAGES ARE AVAILABLE UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS SALE:

FinickyDVD*/250GB/cleaned&refurbed/no controllers or wires**: $95 shipped for free in usa

FinickyDVD*/250GB/cleaned&refurbed/1 controller, all wires**: $120 shipped for free in usa

I am also offering existing customers cheap upgrades to the new Coinops 5 R27 Sunset, for $15, you cover shipping both ways, it now has support for 1,000 more arcade games and thy added lightgun and trackball support as well. I also offer a DVD DIY solution for that, contact me for details. [don't for get I also have soft mod DIY kits for sale to help you soft mod and upgrade your own xbox on your own terms, saving money and time!]

"Finicky": means that the drive usually opens, but it is a good idea to keep a blank disc in it, and it may read some discs and not others, very often stuck tray drives will work fine but they stick so you keep a blank in it. If you want a totally dead, non reading drive, i can knock another $5 off. If you use a simply FTP process, you don't "need" a working DVD drive and all the working drive is good for is reading original xbox games or DVD Movies... if you have no interest in that like 75% of my customers then this is the way to go, get a "finicky" drive and save some $$$
If you want a fully working system, my store has several available from about $140 on up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ8XXErcFmo

larger hard drives are also available, current stock includes:
300GB - add $35 [to base model]
320GB - add $40 [to base model]

400GB & 500GB HDDs <----ARE IN STOCK!! ask for prices, they fluctuate based on market prices kinda like shrimp and lobster :)

controllers, A/V - reg & hi-def, light guns & driving wheels all sold separately

if interested please email me . I can answer you much faster via email: mark@gameovary.com

I wanted to make all my customers aware of my offering the latest and possibly last version of Coinops 5. I now have Coinops 5 R26/R27 "Sunset" version with all the Arcade game pack upgrades, so it now has suppot for more than 1,000 MORE arcade games included, with light gun and trackball support. This bring the Copinops Arcade Game Total capability to somewhere over 3,000
I am offering upgrades to the latest coinops for $15
you must either ship the xbox to me and pay for return shipping or contact me about the DIY method, you need to be well versed with FTP, I do provide a tutorial but I can not be responsible if you mess up coinops because something went wrong, if you ship to me, the upgrade is fully guaranteed and i test everything, and even clean out your xbox since the last time I had it before I sold it to you :)

Hello Mark, I'm one of the pack creators on the coinops forum. I see that you have downloaded the recent arcade update pack that I uploaded last month.

There are about 6 of us making CoinOPS packs and we are getting rather despondent at the number of sellers who download and sell the stuff we put together but who do not contibute back to the project.

I would like to invite you and your customers to join the coinops forum and help out with testing, video creation, pack creation, and so on, so that the project can continue to grow and succeed.

We are considering making all our releases private and between contributors only due to the large amount of people who are selling but giving nothing back to the project in return. Of special interest to Atari Age forum members are the large amount of Atari 8bit games still to do for CoinOPS.

The great benefit of the CoinOPS interface is that one the games are set up and distributed as packs, the enduser can play games across various systems with zero manual intevention, however creating packs takes a great deal of effort - this effort is not taxing in terms of difficulty but in terms of time - creating or ripping videos, converting them to xmv format, finding compatible roms, testing that every games loads and plays etc.

Check out the packs sub forum and you can see new tested packs of Atari XL games, Atari ST, Amiga, etc.

http://coinopsproject.freeforums.org/coinops-game-packs-addons-f36.html

I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions!

I contributed a LOT of my time and efforts to the coinops community back in the summer of this year, but certain political issues at the CO forums, mostly started by CHILDREN, have caused that to be a sour memory. i donated money, i sent many back and forth messages to BP himself but it became apparent that my help was not wanted

NOW, you come here and tell me it is? and you make no mention of my previous work because you were not there at the time, search the public forums here for public messages back and forth between BP and myself and you will see the proof

for the record and, I've said this before so many times it is like a broken record, I do not "sell" coinops. I offer the SERVICE and TIME to make installs for people who do not know how to do it themselves

you guys already make things too private for the general public to get at anything, megaups is private and works on donations which I have given, I would give more but i don't have paypal, which btw you guys would LOSE if anyone at paypal found out what that money was for... anyone at anytime could drop a dime on you guys or paypal will just find out sooner or later, you, like me, are in direct violation of their TOS... and also ATariAge's TOS, I offer a service, not roms, look at the wording and you will see no mention of roms, all I said was that CO5 r27 Sunset offers the support for 1,000 more games and yes I DID download your pack, thank you, I also seeded it for a two week period and used it on my own xbox. thanks for that but you can't say I did not give back, my stats at megaups supports that and they will in the future as well

speaking of which, how do you get to make accusations about your "work" and efforts being "used" when that is built on the backs of all those game designers? do you give them a portion of the money megaups takes in? do you have permission to make the videos, use the roms, et al? if so please private message me the letters to and from Nintendo, Sony, Sega and the rest

If it were not for me, Coinops 4 then 5 would not have taken off like it did.

I am sorry but until adults start running things at the forums and kids are not allowed to be moderators and such, I have no desire to put any effort in over there any longer, I put in my dues already.

If you actually want help and input and are serious about it and not just trying to publicly call me out, then please, contact me and we can discuss it like ADULTS, until then, I can use what is freely out there to help my customers get what is almost impossible for most of them to get and install it for them... I do not sell games or even coinops, I sell an install service. if anything it saves you bandwidth.

also BTW, my installs features coinops 5 ONLY for arcade use, the mednefen stand alone emulators, which I also was helpful to the bug testing of, is what I use for all other console emulation. I actually recommend to people NOT to use coinops for console emulation... which by the way, code from those emulators and the authors of the emulators have NOT been given credit when bits of it is cut and pasted into coinops... so please do not preach to me about fairness and "giving back"

cheers

MW

GameOvary

• Like 3

The site takes no money but where you do see donation links these are for separate sites:

1) freeforums.org adds a donate button to donate to them that does not go to the project

2) megaups is a private torrent site which we use for easy distribution because we have no hosting, any money goes to them, just like UG before. Anyone can create an account on it.

No money at all goes to the CoinOPS community. No one wants money either. No one is in violation of Paypal's TOC.

If you check my posts on the CoinOPS forum you will see that I've been contributing since before you started the first page of this thread.

You do of course make a very valid point that the roms and copywrite are illegal. That is why I am not in favour selling CoinOPS and packs pre-installed on xboxes.

I feel I made my point in my earlier post and readers can consider the tone and meaning of my post and your reply and come to their own conclusions.

Edited by avant

• 3 weeks later...

New stock is coming, component cables, great deals on 3rd party controllers that when they were new cost more than official xbox controllers due to the features like rapid fire, great grips, & superior button layout.

I still hav some nice MINT beauties in stock as well, and perhaps one fully boxed one coming in soon.

hit me up.

mw

• 2 months later...