IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

I've already got a bunch of Xboxes that I have in case the DVD drive on any of them takes a dive, so the DIY kit has caught my eye. I just want to confirm, not that I'm reading too much or misinterpreting: are the hard drives you sell in the kit preloaded with the software, games and such or are they just blank hard drives ready for filling?

Thanks!

I would like to put in a good word for Mark- he provided soft-mod service w/ Coinops on 2 XBOXs for me, as well as excellent post-sale support! He will go the extra mile to help you out, even pointing to other services to save you time and $ if need be, and his prices are very reasonable. Great guy!

• Like 1

I would like to put in a good word for Mark- he provided soft-mod service w/ Coinops on 2 XBOXs for me, as well as excellent post-sale support! He will go the extra mile to help you out, even pointing to other services to save you time and $ if need be, and his prices are very reasonable. Great guy!

Could not agree more.

• 2 weeks later...

sold two xboxes on show floor they liked my x-arcade setup so much

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211842-classic-horror-themed-games-national-haunters-convention/

stock is continually in flux... I had to disable auto checkout for a while until I can update

I use google checkout invoices via email for now to be sure orders or priced correctly

I have a batch of NEW in box 3rd party S-type controllers, these are the same build quality and feel of the official controllers, only $15ea

I also have NEW boxed component cables for $15ea

light guns like the ones pictured in first post on this thread are $35, I have 4 in stock right now

taking pre-orders on all crystal case / LED light mods and I am now shipping them much more securely, we lost the first two in shipping due to cracking from USPS mishandling and the fact that the cases are not as sturdy as original cases, so shipping is a little more and you have the option of buying insurance which for $200 is like $3-$4

message me to order now

-wolfeman

• Like 1

I am running a sale on wired and wireless controllers:

on wired:

I have 3rd used party wired controllers for $5e,

3rd party NEW in box wired controllers are $15 but for the sale I will do $12, these are REALLY nice too, same build quality as branded s-type controllers

I have one of the larger branded "duke" controllers I think you refer to, that would be $5 also,

and branded wired controllers are $10 but during the sale they are $8

I have a BOXED Mint Street Fighter Anniversary Xbox1 Controller, this is sweet, will let it go for $35

I have light guns for $25ea [usually $35]

driving wheel for $25 [usually $35] this wheel works on PS1/PS2 & GameCube [or maybe it is Dreamcast, I forget]

for wireless:

I have intec & madcatz wireless in used but complete condition, not shabby or anything for $25ea [usually $30-$35ea]

I have some other wireless controllers that work great but the thumbstick may have a crack in the place where your thumb rests, those are going cheap for like $15ea

I have a logitech controller, really nice controller but the right thumbstick won't zero out.. might be an easy fix, these sell on ebay for $40 and up, this one that is in need of slight repair is $20

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings fellow AtariAgers, it has been a while since I posted, I have been really busy during the month of may and also sustained an injury to my left wrist that has now healed almost completely.

I wanted to announce a little bit early, the big sale I will be running on discounted Xbox setups:

New Sale for June 2013:

Discounted Soft-Mod Xbox w/ non-working DVD Drive [stuck-tray or non-read or both - picked at random] / 200GB Hard Drive / One 3rd Party Controller / Regular A/V + Power for $99 shipped

This will be the cheapest price you'll see in some time for a complete setup, while supplies last... FREE SHIPPING IN USA / 30 Day Guarantee / Lifetime Email Support

You can upgrade your purchase with a larger hard drive, working DVD drive, Component or S-Video cables, branded controllers, NEW S-type controllers that are non-branded but new in box - same look & feel as original xbox S-Type controllers, light guns, driving wheels, official carrying cases and more.

PM for details.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks, long time no post... I broke my wrist a month ago, it is almost healed, I had to back off on taking too many orders but I am ready to get back into it. I have sales running, none posted yet, new ORIGINAL xboxes coming in, many in stock of all conditions and configurations... PM me for details if you're in the market for an original modded xbox classic home arcade machine....

tons of controllers, hi-def cables and other peripherals too

same great prices policies... 30 day guarantee, life-time email support, free shipping in the usa, 24-48hr turn around times

check my feedback

Mark

• Like 1

Still enjoying this awesome system! I was wondering, what is the current software version on CoinOps 5? I heard that Vision, I believe that is what is called is almost ready? I am trying to expand the awesomeness of this system!

sorry i did not see this sooner, I am going to release to my customers access to CO5 R10. as many of you know I am VERY wary of using the current updates as they are released, I like to give a solid 6 months in between updating.

I have NOT used or compiled "Vision" yet, I hope to find the time to do it. I hear it is pretty sweet but at this point it would be redundant to support two emulator front ends on the same xbox, maybe I should offer setups for either or with instructions on how to get Vision up and running

• Like 1

PM sent!

email response sent lol... keep 'em comin' folks, as I told GoldenWheels, I am happy to extend the sale i was running for the holiday to any atariagers... $99 shipped anywhere in the usa, please message me for details

I also still of course am offering the discounted DIY kits which are great if you already have an xbox you have not used in years. you can also send it to me if you are too busy to do it yourself

cheers

MW

• Like 2

What does R10 have that R7 didnt? That might be a good idea to atleast attempt to try to use the 2 emulator sets, but I do understand that it looks like that CoinOps might be easier to manage than Vision, but I am totally illiterate in Vision

good questions, mainly bug fixes and more updates to the light gun capability. I think they may have added some other games to the game packs for other systems which does BOT come with any updates I provide. I only provide system software updates for any of the emulators. there should be a changelist over at coinops HQ but frankly I'm not sure it is accurate or up to date, you usually have to wind up reading endless threads to figure out exactly what is going on which is why I wait so damn long in between releases. My feeling is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it but i get that there are some fixes that are needed here and there, most of them usually have nothing to do with typical usage, but I honestly don't know other than R10 is stable. I just need time to put together my customer list and create a mailing

oh and yeah, I am totally clueless about vision, maybe someone here on AA can elaborate on either the state of R10 or later updates for CO5 or Vision..

• Like 1

Well I got my xbox lightning fast from Mark (3 days). Everything was good to go out of the box--plugged and played. Spent all of Saturday and Sunday night bouncing back and forth between emulators (while my real systems glared at me from the entertainment center). Awesome. Just awesome.

I like playing the thing so much on my big screen I am unsure I am even going to do an arcade cabinet for it now....if I do I need to split the signal so I can do both.

Great buy IMO. Very pleased.

• Like 2

wow, they really got it to you saturday, that's great, i remember thinking they might just do it, I shipped thur and the guy came late so it was a nail biter :)

glad you like it man. as for the signal split, you CAN do it, you need to make a sort of Y cable from the video board on your cab one that goes to the regular video board for the regular mame to vga thing and then one that goes to the Ultimarc xbox video out... one thing I seem to remember when my buddy chris pence did it was that the positive and negative were reversed on the ultimarc? if that makes sense? something was reversed maybe it was the sync? and once he got that figured out we had a Y cable for it, you have to unplug it from the video board inside if you use the xbox as the brain though because it will compete for the signal if you leave it plugged in.

I have actually yet to hook mine up to my cab yet. I also had to make a Y cable for the audio, had to get a series of mini stereo jack adaptors to do that and I lso need to swap out my KeyWiz usb controls adaptor for the regular KeyWiz which takes a PS/2 input which is what the Ultimarc control adaptor needs UNLESS I can get this USB to PS/2 adaptor to work which I have not tried yet, the other thing will be to see if button mapping needs adjusting which i think the best way to do that would be to move the wires to whatever pins they need to go to on the keywiz and then when/if ZI go back to my PC for mame I would just make the button mapping change there within mame, you really don't eant to have to do that for EVERY emulator inside the xbox... I guess I am just waiting on a day where I know I will need the whole day to fuck with it

anyway

cheers

MW

• Like 1

AtariAge only Member SALE time again? DIY kits seem to be the most popular so how about a 200GB emulation only special, the 200GB only has enough room for the emulator updates, I can sell it either with the mechassualt/mem-card combo for $60 shipped if your xbox is not already soft modded or just the pre-made ready to install UNLOCkED 200GB drive for $50 shipped if you currently have a soft modded xbox but only have the stock 8GB drive in it.

both packs come with complete instructions, email support, and a molex power splitter you will need to perform the drive swap

this will revitalize your xbox, just read the reviews like the one above. :)

I do have larger drives but this 200GB SALE is just for this size drive & for AtariAge members only! as usual: 30 day guarantee, FREE shipping in the USA and lifetime email support

• Like 1

wow, they really got it to you saturday, that's great, i remember thinking they might just do it, I shipped thur and the guy came late so it was a nail biter :)

glad you like it man. as for the signal split, you CAN do it, you need to make a sort of Y cable from the video board on your cab one that goes to the regular video board for the regular mame to vga thing and then one that goes to the Ultimarc xbox video out... one thing I seem to remember when my buddy chris pence did it was that the positive and negative were reversed on the ultimarc? if that makes sense? something was reversed maybe it was the sync? and once he got that figured out we had a Y cable for it, you have to unplug it from the video board inside if you use the xbox as the brain though because it will compete for the signal if you leave it plugged in.

I have actually yet to hook mine up to my cab yet. I also had to make a Y cable for the audio, had to get a series of mini stereo jack adaptors to do that and I lso need to swap out my KeyWiz usb controls adaptor for the regular KeyWiz which takes a PS/2 input which is what the Ultimarc control adaptor needs UNLESS I can get this USB to PS/2 adaptor to work which I have not tried yet, the other thing will be to see if button mapping needs adjusting which i think the best way to do that would be to move the wires to whatever pins they need to go to on the keywiz and then when/if ZI go back to my PC for mame I would just make the button mapping change there within mame, you really don't eant to have to do that for EVERY emulator inside the xbox... I guess I am just waiting on a day where I know I will need the whole day to fuck with it

anyway

cheers

MW

Thanks again man!

My buddy is bringing me a Neoya VGA converter, he had one lying around in his closet. I believe I can split the VGA out of that with just a splitter (hopefully not need a powered box). Problem is I realized it was my older AVR that had a VGA in with an assignable audio port....but it died. My newer receiver is all HDMI. Grrr. I'll figure it out.

I have backed off a full cab though and am going the real easy poser route....basically just a game desk ( a half cab almost) with an LCD on top. With the CRT PC Monitor I had I realized that the cabinet was going to be 33 inches deep minimum and I suddenly thought, hmmm, I have no spot in my basement where that will fit. Using the LCD I can get it down to 22 inches. Not ideal my any means but at least I can easily rotate the monitor in this setup for vertical games. Was not my original plan at all but oh well. I got the 22 inch monitor for free at least!

I am just mounting two PS2 Mayflash arcade sticks flush with the desktop, and running them through converters into the xbox. Boy I hope that works since I already ordered them. Is low rent I know but I am a much better carpenter than electronics guy. The cab/desk will at least look professional.

Edited by GoldenWheels