IGNORED

[music] Delta Remix

newcoleco

Delta Remix by NewColeco

MP3 : cv_deltaremix.mp3

ROM + SOURCE : delta.zip

Enjoy!

After taking a long break of ColecoVision developments, and after finishing the last details for the Coleco convention this summer, celebrating the 30 years of the ColecoVision game console, july 20-22 2012, I've started to compose back Coleco music. After 3 days thinking and 3 days composing, I've managed to do this music inspired by a Rob Hubbard composition again called Delta for the Commodore 64. I might decide to continue this music or not, it will depends on my next week.

For more details about the only Coleco convention on the planet, look at the following web site for registration info.

http://ann.hollowdreams.com/

• Like 4

Good to see you back, Daniel.

Please tell me more about the 30th anniversary convention. Where are you guys going to held it this year, Canada or US?

Thanks Ed :)

Well, it's good to see that I still can code Coleco stuff after this very long break.

ADAMCON 24 will take place in QUEBEC CITY, Quebec Province, Canada sometime next summer. We hope that you all will take the opportunity to come to an ADAM convention and experience it first hand with us. We strive to include everyone and everything ColecoVision and ADAM.

Quebec city is my home town, and AdamCon is the group of Coleco ADAM users who organise Coleco convention every year since 1988 (I think), you already know them since you made an appearence last year at the AdamCon convention. I'm hosting the event, I still have to work on poster and shirt designs. I should have announced the event more broadly but I feel that I need to make a banner or something first.

Edited by newcoleco

The only thing that could possibly keep me away from AdamCon this year would be job obligations, but I'll do my best to make sure that doesn't happen. I guess I should send the registration form + payment to Richard ASAP. I'll take care of that soon.

Anyhow, glad to see you, Daniel! I love the Delta Remix tune! :D

I wanted to come also... i asked my wife... and....no :( ... she didn't want stay alone with our 2 terminators... that is understandable... so may be when they will be older , i could come.

Like what some of us already did in the past, you can make a presentation that will be presented during the event, even ask someone to be there in your name to talk about Coleco subjects and also get stuff like a poster and games.

Note : I've worked a bit more on the music to finish it as I wanted it to be in the first place. Enjoy !

Delta Remix ( final version ) by NewColeco

MP3 : ColecoVision Delta Remix.mp3

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 1

You sure haven't lost your touch, Dan! :D

Has this tune been used in an actual video game, on the C64 or on some other platform?

The music is played only at the title screen of a Commodore 64 videogame named Delta.

Delta is a space shooter and there is absolutely no music during the game. What I dislike about this game, except no music during the game, is the high speed our spaceship moves on screen making it easy to crash into everything, and basicaly the only way to win the game is by knowing the levels, the patterns, and so we have to play the game over and over again to be good at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GhHf_Bn7T0

And yes, a ColecoVision adaptation is probably possible, but I'm not gonna code it. Personally, I just like the music.

Edited by newcoleco

Amazing work as always Dan! Glad to see you are back!

Thanks Russ

By the way, I didn't stop following you on Youtube, I love watching your videos more than once; they are very informative and I bet they bring already more people to the ColecoVision scene. Just reccently, I saw a few comments on my Youtube channel regarding more technical aspects of the ColecoVision like assembly coding and how to make cartridges and it's thrilling. I have no idea if the ColecoVision homebrew scene is bigger now than the Atari one, but all this is really exciting. Keep doing your good work.

Edited by newcoleco

Great to see you back on AA, thanks for another tremendous music remix and hope to see you in Q.C. this summer.

Thanks and I hope to see you again too!

I bet you are the first one who already downloaded both versions of the rom file to archive them preciously.

• Like 1

Amazing work as always Dan! Glad to see you are back!

Thanks Russ

By the way, I didn't stop following you on Youtube, I love watching your videos more than once; they are very informative and I bet they bring already more people to the ColecoVision scene. Just reccently, I saw a few comments on my Youtube channel regarding more technical aspects of the ColecoVision like assembly coding and how to make cartridges and it's thrilling. I have no idea if the ColecoVision homebrew scene is bigger now than the Atari one, but all this is really exciting. Keep doing your good work.

Thanks Dan! I still am going thru all your videos as well! Lots of cool stuff you posted over the years! I will say, I dont think CV Tracker will ever make tunes as good as you are capable of visa pure assembly! i don't think you ever have to worry about losing your coleco music god status after hearing your latest work! Great stuff, hope to see you working on more!

Take care,

Russ

... I will say, I dont think CV Tracker will ever make tunes as good as you are capable of visa pure assembly! i don't think you ever have to worry about losing your coleco music god status after hearing your latest work! ...

Take care,

Russ

CV tracker is a nice addition to a CV programming toolkit and I'm glad that you are making one. I did long ago a midi to coleco converter for DOS which helped me to make dacman and the christmas medley music with snow falling on a colecovision logo. I've tried during the past years to make a music composer tool but instead I made a coleco (os7) sound bank and a coleco sound chip render tool. Since I'm making Coleco chiptunes by hand I'm always thinking on how I would have coded that by using a tool? and the answer I came out with was : "it will have been faster but the result will have been also different".

Edited by newcoleco

WOW!! :-o

Amazing! ... it sounds alot like a megaman song to me

I love it!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I love it too. I must admit that I've heard about Delta before Megaman, NES was pretty much absent in my life; the console we got after ColecoVision was SNES.

Nice to see you back Daniel. Great job on the music as always.

Thanks!

I didn't want to do a conversion of the music, I wanted to put my personal touch on a music that I like. So, I've let my creativity expressing itself in this composition, like when I've done the music for Coleco Bomb'n Blast game.

I wanted to come also... i asked my wife... and....no :( ... she didn't want stay alone with our 2 terminators... that is understandable... so may be when they will be older , i could come.

Like what some of us already did in the past, you can make a presentation that will be presented during the event, even ask someone to be there in your name to talk about Coleco subjects and also get stuff like a poster and games.

Note : I've worked a bit more on the music to finish it as I wanted it to be in the first place. Enjoy !

Delta Remix ( final version ) by NewColeco

MP3 : ColecoVision Delta Remix.mp3

WOW that is a awesome tune Daniel!! :lust: :lust: :lust: I really love your music so much that I have all your Colecovision tunes as ring tones on my phone so I can hear them all day long, so I can't wait to add this one to the mix! My favorite up to this point was your Bomb'n Blast tune but I think this Delta Remix might surpass it! Really great stuff!! THANKS :-D :thumbsup:

PS just in case everyone was wondering why I take so long to answer the phone that is why, I'm busy listening to Daniel's awesome music :lol:

Edited by RelliK111

Delta Remix by NewColeco

MP3 : cv_deltaremix.mp3

Enjoy!

After taking a long break of ColecoVision developments, and after finishing the last details for the Coleco convention this summer, celebrating the 30 years of the ColecoVision game console, july 20-22 2012, I've started to compose back Coleco music. After 3 days thinking and 3 days composing, I've managed to do this music inspired by a Rob Hubbard composition again called Delta for the Commodore 64. I might decide to continue this music or not, it will depends on my next week.

For more details about the only Coleco convention on the planet, look at the following web site for registration info.

http://ann.hollowdreams.com/

Glad to see you back in action! Awesome stuff as always from you!