IGNORED

Burn Rubber & Side Trak PRE-ORDER!

retroillucid

Hi,

I appreciate all you guys do, and I understand stuff happens. The important thing is that you guys are standing behind what you do. So thanks for all of your hard work, and taking responsibility (if only more people would do this!)

I'm not worried about the $3.00 for postage, but I want some clarification on how to send the board. Are these the steps?

1. Remove label and open cart.

2. Remove pcb

3. Place pcb in padded envelope with a quick note asking for a replacement board for Side Trak and include return address.

4. Do I need to do a customs slip for something like this, or should I just be able to put postage on it and send it out?

5. Receive new board, put it in the empty shell.

6. Carefully glue label on cart, and wait till it's dry.

7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Doesn't sound to tuff.

Is that a good summary?

Toby,

Can you PM me with the address to send the board to?

I wonder if there will be any collect-ability value to those who choose to keep the old rom version :) Just trying to make light of a somewhat unpleasant situation.

Well, eBay sales will be more annoying, that's for sure... :P

Awesome! could you imagine someone asking the seller what color their train is on the stage clear screen on a 2 player game :) I'm keeping mine as original Roms :)

• Like 2

J-F consider quitting homebrew publishing THAT MUST BE A JOKE, J-F is the BEST !!

Well i guess i could add my word too....

I've been working with J-F for couple of months now and i can CERTIFY that J-F is an AWESOME guy to work with and he will do everything he can to fix any problem. Like most of you, J-F has a family and family comes first!

EVERY SECOND he has to himself, he's working for the home brew community... We should all be proud of him! No one gives more time than him as a homebrewer. In the last 3 weeks, we were able to ship over 100 orders!!

And I'm still taking orders today. Guys who complain the most are always the same ones. All they want is to get free stuff so they don't have to spend their money and help the homebrew community. Same for the people who offer me money just to get their order out before the rest of the people.

As for AtariBrian you received 3 Games, is it really a big deal to wait for 1 manual? All this should have been said in PM's. Considering the amount of orders that were shipped, I really think we did good. Anyone who has something to say, please contact me or J-F. I'm very happy about what Russ said about Sidetrack. As J-F said, everyone who really wants the new rom installed, you just have to send the PCB back to me and we will refund you the $3 shipping. We will send you a new PCB with the new rom along with a new sticker. Please note that we WON'T send any PCB before we receive the wrong one.

I realize that people don't know me very, well but I'm planning on helping J-F for a very long time, even if I do have a family myself, I do have a little bit more time than he does.

You should all realize that J-F is not a Store with 100 employees, but one man who's doing his best to keep the Coleco ALIVE!

Now he has me and I will help him as much as I can to keep everybody happy.

I really hope that everyone of you who received some new games in the past few days enjoys them as well as the Arcade Controller. All I can say now is:

J-F PLEASE don't pay attention to the nasty comments and continue your good work

PS...I'm with you as well as many others ;)

J-F is very well intentioned screw up, always has been and always will be period.

Your high on the being a part of the "homebrew scene" like I was 3 years ago when I worked with him on Ghost N' Zombies and Mario Bros.

J-F-

Quitting? Not an option man, you know that. But I do think you need to step back for a minute and remember not too long ago when you were running into problems delivering carts that people had pre-ordered only to have them delayed etc. Remember how you were going to work on that?

You might need to work on that again my friend. You might be biting off more than you can chew, as they say. I'd much rather you not even announce a pre-order for anything until you have it all ready to go. That way there is no rush, no labels peeling, not wrong ROM's, boxes coming apart etc. Quality control is KEY.

The games themselves are great, so everything else about them and the experience should be too.

You know we all want them, and you want us to have them, so we are all agreed here.

Thanks for the tip on using Elmer's glue, honestly I had used rubber cement to fix the boxes that came undone but it never seemed to hold them all that good. I'll have to try re-gluing them your way when I get the chance.

• Like 1

Hi,

I appreciate all you guys do, and I understand stuff happens. The important thing is that you guys are standing behind what you do. So thanks for all of your hard work, and taking responsibility (if only more people would do this!)

I'm not worried about the $3.00 for postage, but I want some clarification on how to send the board. Are these the steps?

1. Remove label and open cart.

2. Remove pcb

3. Place pcb in padded envelope with a quick note asking for a replacement board for Side Trak and include return address.

4. Do I need to do a customs slip for something like this, or should I just be able to put postage on it and send it out?

5. Receive new board, put it in the empty shell.

6. Carefully glue label on cart, and wait till it's dry.

7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Doesn't sound to tuff.

Is that a good summary?

Toby,

Can you PM me with the address to send the board to?

Yeah guys if you could clarify just what you want done and just what’s involved I think we would all appreciate it. Don't know if I'm all that keen on having to re-glue stickers on carts and what-not. They aren't peel and stick?

J-F consider quitting homebrew publishing THAT MUST BE A JOKE, J-F is the BEST !!

I've been working with J-F for couple of months now and i can CERTIFY that J-F is an AWESOME guy to work with and he will do everything he can to fix any problem. Like most of you, J-F has a family and family comes first!

EVERY SECOND he has to himself, he's working for the home brew community... We should all be proud of him! No one gives more time than him as a homebrewer. In the last 3 weeks, we were able to ship over 100 orders!!

And I'm still taking orders today. Guys who complain the most are always the same ones. All they want is to get free stuff so they don't have to spend their money and help the homebrew community. Same for the people who offer me money just to get their order out before the rest of the people.

As for AtariBrian you received 3 Games, is it really a big deal to wait for 1 manual? All this should have been said in PM's. Considering the amount of orders that were shipped, I really think we did good. Anyone who has something to say, please contact me or J-F. I'm very happy about what Russ said about Sidetrack. As J-F said, everyone who really wants the new rom installed, you just have to send the PCB back to me and we will refund you the $3 shipping. We will send you a new PCB with the new rom along with a new sticker. Please note that we WON'T send any PCB before we receive the wrong one.

I realize that people don't know me very, well but I'm planning on helping J-F for a very long time, even if I do have a family myself, I do have a little bit more time than he does.

You should all realize that J-F is not a Store with 100 employees, but one man who's doing his best to keep the Coleco ALIVE!

I really hope that everyone of you who received some new games in the past few days enjoys them as well as the Arcade Controller. All I can say now is:

J-F PLEASE don't pay attention to the nasty comments and continue your good work

guys who complain the most??? i guess your talking about me... i have spent thousands of dollars on homebrews between atariage, atari 2600,5200,7800 homebrews and colecovision. i did just buy 3 games on the last order. and i dont want anything for free. I have purchased Bomb N Blast, Pac Man Collection, Gulkave, Ghostblaster, Jeepers Creepers for the coleco homebrew scene and am ordering opcodes sgm and more games for that i will be buying im sure. I just happen to be a big fan of all 3 the Atari systems and the colecovision and nintendos. so I have to pick and choose so im not broke as they are not cheap. expensive or not, i have bought quite a few colecovision homebrews and will want to in the future Edited by AtariBrian

Thanks for the info that the train color is the only difference. That is not enough of a deal to want to get the new version, I am usually playing without a second player anyway. ;)

I am just happy to have the game finally and play it. :)

Mistakes happen and I assume anyone that wants resolution will get resolution eventially. I understand how anger can build when people are not answering questions but like J-F just replied, people do have lives and are not sitting on this message board 24 hours a day to look for problems. There are not massive customer service centers waiting for your calls. I understand getting pissed when a big company with a huge customer service center is ignoring you but you have to realize these are just a couple of people that have lives and once in a while look on their emails and these boards to see what is going on. To just continue to get angry and mean before someone has a chance to reply to you does not make sense. Complain and wait for your answer. Yes it sucks that your answer may take a while to come but you should really understand that when you are working with a company with a couple people in it and working as a hobby not their job.

Thanks for all the hard work guys and I am sure like always there are things to learn and fix in the process to make the future better and easier on yourself. Good luck and thanks!

• Like 2

Guys who complain the most are always the same ones. All they want is to get free stuff so they don't have to spend their money and help the homebrew community.

guys who complain the most??? i guess your talking about me...

Nope, he is actually referring to someone else, a certain wannabe publisher that is trying to use this situation for self promotion.

[EDIT]: and come on, the more the merrier, but do we really need to get this low.

Edited by opcode
  • Like 3

Guys who complain the most are always the same ones. All they want is to get free stuff so they don't have to spend their money and help the homebrew community.

Nope, he is actually referring to someone else, a certain wannabe publisher that is trying to use this situation for self promotion.

EXACTLY!

• Like 1

[EDIT]: and come on, the more the merrier, but do we really need to get this low.

Thank you OPCODE!

That's exactly it!

• Like 1

There is guys who totally founded the CV Homebrew Scene,,... Like

Daniel Bienvenu, Kevin Horton, Norman G Sipel, John Donzila, Eduardo Mello

and there is guy who's always trying to mess into the homebrew scene

You should ALL remember that!

Ask, Daniel, Eduardo, Luc, Me ,.... And so many others that are swearing in silence!

Cheers to them!

Ask, Daniel, Eduardo, Luc, Me ,.... And so many others that are swearing in silence!

Cheers to them!

Kudos to RKGames and dvik. RK for creating a great game that people have been waiting 25+ years to play. dvik and joyrex for creating arguably, in my opinion, one of the best and most impressive CV games (and uses the driving controller!). Reminds me of people like Scott Huggins (amongst others) who can create a game that doesn't look like it was made for the CV.

• Like 2

Cheers to them!

Kudos to RKGames and dvik. RK for creating a great game that people have been waiting 25+ years to play. dvik and joyrex for creating arguably, in my opinion, one of the best and most impressive CV games (and uses the driving controller!). Reminds me of people like Scott Huggins (amongst others) who can create a game that doesn't look like it was made for the CV.

Burning Rubber looks awesome and is one heck of a technological feat on the coleco with it's smooth multi-directional scrolling! Is there a joystick only option to play for those without steering wheels?

• Like 1

Burning Rubber looks awesome and is one heck of a technological feat on the coleco with it's smooth multi-directional scrolling! Is there a joystick only option to play for those without steering wheels?

I haven't taken my steering wheel out yet and was able to play this just fine with the joystick

It is pretty hard with the joystick though so looking forward to seeing how it is with the steering wheel.

• Like 1

I haven't taken my steering wheel out yet and was able to play this just fine with the joystick

It is pretty hard with the joystick though so looking forward to seeing how it is with the steering wheel.

NIAD & You should consider a meet up using two steering wheel playing a VS Burn Rubber

NIAD & You should consider a meet up using two steering wheel playing a VS Burn Rubber

I don't want to scar him for life with a horrible loss ;)

Jim, be prepared for a Burn Rubber Youtube Match up!

Who of, Colecodan and NIAD will win?

Guys, time to bring your steering wheel and camera and show us the game in action .... And in its full glory!

Toby you couldn't have said it any better +1 ;-) :thumbsup: