IGNORED

Burn Rubber & Side Trak PRE-ORDER!

retroillucid

As much as I care about ColecoVision Homebrew scene but also about quality of homebrew project and publishing

i just can't stand about all this, this out of me actually

If people want me to quit the scene, just ask and I will

I always do my best even if there's some people that don't like our things, foes us

i mean, IE , in the past I bough a TV made by Samsung and did not like the quality ... i never bough Samsung anymore, I stick with Toshiba wich is more reliable imo

What I mean is, if you don't like us, why don't you stay away from our things, It's the best for you in the end....

Sincerely

Sorry i am quite a laidback guy and keep my cool, but i really feel i need to speak up now.

I think your example with the Samsung TV is quite wrong, maybe people like Samsung TV's but just had a bad experience with one Samsung dealer, so they go to another dealer.

With these games they dont have that option so if they dont like the service, they are screwed.

I do believe you have a big passion for the homebrew scene, and thank you for that, but maybe it would be better to go for quality instead of quantity, with this i mean that rushing things to release as many games as fast as posible doesnt always give the best result.

- Most of the games i bought from you had boxes which came apart, no big problem, i just glued them myself, never mentioned it.

- Puzzli i received completely crushed because of bad packaging, when i asked for a replacement box and why you packed it so poorly, you just told me that you were trying to save on shipping (using a crapy lightweight box) and didnt have any extra Puzzli box (while it was still available on your website) you ended the sentence with a winking smiley face. never mentioned it.

- You decide to let one person ship all games in Europe, everyone already paid in full for the games and shipping, what happens we have to pay again for shipping, never mentioned it.

- Received a non working Pinguin Land, in the end i send the cartridge back to Canada, received it back with the same problem. Send several PM's asking for a new board and label, but never got a reply, never mentioned it.

- The moment i post a question about a Cosmic Crisis game from BiT Corperation which i got hold of i get a PM in seconds, if i want to sell it, so you do know how PM's work.

Once again i dont think you do these things on purpose, and would hate to see you stop publishing, but i had to get this off my chest,

never had any of these problems with Team-Pixelboy or any other Homebrew Publisher and i have been buying Homebrews for many year (for other systems).

San-d-2000

Sandy, coleco_master have in his possession your Penguin Land PCB + Label, I really tough you have been already contact him about that... :(

Puzzli box, Man! I totally forgot! Keep remind me those thing If you notice I forgot ;)

Sandy, contact coleco_master, he will help you out on this for sure!

Cheers

J-F

Edited by retroillucid

Guys, with all this hullaballoo going on in this thread—some valid, some not—I'd just like to say one thing:

Issues/criticism of a person's product should stimulate competition in the marketplace!

(and also, thank you to J-F, Luc, Eduardo, and all others who've pushed hard to make a once end-of-life product breathe life again!

Thank you, that is all.

gb

• Like 1

Post is gone, just answer your PM's man :-)

Nah, you should copy it from my post reply and let it be there

I mean, I'm NO WAY PERFECT man, I'm human and can make mistake

I can take critic(s) where it seem justified

And we all need critics, advices, complains, comments etc.. that's how we become better

Cheers

J-F consider quitting homebrew publishing THAT MUST BE A JOKE, J-F is the BEST !!

Well i guess i could add my word too....

I've been working with J-F for couple of months now and i can CERTIFY that J-F is an AWESOME guy to work with and he will do everything he can to fix any problem. Like most of you, J-F has a family and family comes first!

EVERY SECOND he has to himself, he's working for the home brew community... We should all be proud of him! No one gives more time than him as a homebrewer. In the last 3 weeks, we were able to ship over 100 orders!!

And I'm still taking orders today. Guys who complain the most are always the same ones. All they want is to get free stuff so they don't have to spend their money and help the homebrew community. Same for the people who offer me money just to get their order out before the rest of the people.

As for AtariBrian you received 3 Games, is it really a big deal to wait for 1 manual? All this should have been said in PM's. Considering the amount of orders that were shipped, I really think we did good. Anyone who has something to say, please contact me or J-F. I'm very happy about what Russ said about Sidetrack. As J-F said, everyone who really wants the new rom installed, you just have to send the PCB back to me and we will refund you the $3 shipping. We will send you a new PCB with the new rom along with a new sticker. Please note that we WON'T send any PCB before we receive the wrong one.

I realize that people don't know me very, well but I'm planning on helping J-F for a very long time, even if I do have a family myself, I do have a little bit more time than he does.

You should all realize that J-F is not a Store with 100 employees, but one man who's doing his best to keep the Coleco ALIVE!

Now he has me and I will help him as much as I can to keep everybody happy.

I really hope that everyone of you who received some new games in the past few days enjoys them as well as the Arcade Controller. All I can say now is:

J-F PLEASE don't pay attention to the nasty comments and continue your good work

PS...I'm with you as well as many others ;)

I for one am just happy this game was finally made! It is a very fun game and addictive, which is what makes systems like the ColecoVision so much fun, even 30 years later. I find it awesome that people are willing to go to this much trouble to make new games for my favorite system, the good ol ColecoVision.

I hope that they will continue to make more games. I may not like or buy all the new games, but the simple fact that people made the game is great, because someone likes it and buys it. I didn't like or buy all the Coleco games back in the day when they came out either, but here we are 30 years later and there are new games being released.

Thanks to all who continue to make these great games!

• Like 2

I FINALLY got around to play them last night and those two games are amazing! I especially enjoy side trak that game is dangerously addicting! I also thought the crazy train soundtrack was excellent, especially for how old the CV is.

Thanks for putting in all the hard work to make these games!

• Like 1

I FINALLY got around to play them last night and those two games are amazing! I especially enjoy side trak that game is dangerously addicting! I also thought the crazy train soundtrack was excellent, especially for how old the CV is.

Thanks for putting in all the hard work to make these games!

Glad to hear you are enjoying Side Trak! keeps me motivated to make more games :) thanks

Russ

• Like 4

Got my box of goodies today, i'm one happy camper!

Nice socks !! ;) :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices these things. ;) It's the first thing I look for... socks, furniture, other background items.

Funny! i'll have to give a room tour some time on a video.

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices these things. ;) It's the first thing I look for... socks, furniture, other background items.

Just be careful of those mirrors! :P

• Like 1

Just be careful of those mirrors! :P

hahaha :) we dont need no stinking mirrors.

I would love to see a room tour! I would also love to see your game collection, I saw your video of the cave games and how you turned your tv on its side and that made me want to do the same thing ;) I have been working on getting all the cave games in hopes of doing the same thing. I wonder if you could make a new colecovision shooter game inspired by one of the cave games? Obviously you would haft to sacrifice some graphics but you could use the gameplay and with the SGM you could still do some amazing graphics on the colecovision I would think. It would be a hell of a challenge :grin:

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

I would love to see a room tour! I would also love to see your game collection, I saw your video of the cave games and how you turned your tv on its side and that made me want to do the same thing ;) I have been working on getting all the cave games in hopes of doing the same thing. I wonder if you could make a new colecovision shooter game inspired by one of the cave games? Obviously you would haft to sacrifice some graphics but you could use the gameplay and with the SGM you could still do some amazing graphics on the colecovision I would think. It would be a hell of a challenge :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2kAmWgpI-A&feature=plcp

A cave inspired bullet hell shooter would be neat on coleco! I agree it would need the SGM to do the game right! I'm a huge cave fan and have all their xbox360 ports! I also have every variation (standard, limited edition, platinum, cave best selection, ect) of all the games for 360. I made my iphone game Blazing Arc, loosly based on Caves DeathSmiles. I recently mounted that tv horizontally on the wall (i needed it for my neogeo CD and super famicom), but am thinking of setting up one of my arcade cabinets to run a 360 so i can play in a real cabinet! thanks for noticing the cave stuff. they have a cult like following and i think they make the best shooters out there!

Hopefully in the near future i'll make a game room tour video. most of my collection is still packed in the basement from my move last September.

Take care

Russ

• Like 1

No, Russ, please, port the NES version of Desert Commander over the CV :D

I'm kidding but that would be sweet as I already worked on the GFXs ;)

Ok, so it is getting a little confusing. We are talking about two different Russ here, correct?

[EDIT]: Ok, I got it, RKGames, Russ Kumro.... Had never realized that. :thumbsup:

Edited by opcode

I never played desert commander. I have a near mint boxed copy in my collection and almost fired it up a few times. i'm guessing it's a good game then?!

Ok, so it is getting a little confusing. We are talking about two different Russ here, correct?

Not sure myself now :) i'm thinking it's the same Russ?! oh thats me :) How you doing ed? cant wait to code on the SGM!

Russ

• Like 2