IGNORED

AMAZING PRICE FOR GORF

Clay

Someone with far more dollars than sense.

You have to remember people are also paying $1300 for BSG.

Now if I had that kind of money I would rather have a copy of GORF.

No, I take that back. For that kind of money I could probably buy the arcade machine of GORF.

• Like 4

And to think I sold that to Vii in the first place, guess I didn't charge him enough :D I'm guessing the winner of that auction is the guy who missed out on his cheap ass BSG. Anyways I hope the winner doesn't use it on a PAL machine coz he'll be in for a gorf orf surprise :D

• Like 3

The amount reached is not related to the qualities of the game itself but to its rarity + the willing to have it at any price from a rich guy who wants a complete collection...at any price...

Nothing reasonnable in that anyway and nothing very new as it already happened to some other Jaguar games in the past and BS is a well known example of that.

The bad side is that it could let think to futur sellers of this game that 700$ is the normal price they can expect now a "mad" guy prove he was ready to spend such an amount for it...

This is so retarded. The seller says he played the game only once. Is the homebrew scene about playing games or is it just about masturbating on boxes and then trying to profit by reselling the game?

Play it on MAME and donate $20 to charity instead.

Or as the above poster mentioned, buy the arcade cabinet.

• Like 5

According to the developer it's not a homebrew.

Nice price.

I have the blue case Gorf with poster, I wonder if that'd go higher.

Anyone know how much the white case Gorf sold for a while back?

Anyway Gorf is getting rarer due to its very limited release, the price is going to get more and more higher.

I recently sold my SMS game LE Lucky Dime Caper for $850, so there you go.

Edited by high voltage

I have the blue case Gorf with poster, I wonder if that'd go higher.

Anyone know how much the white case Gorf sold for a while back?

Anyway Gorf is getting rarer due to its very limited release, the price is going to get more and more higher.

That was the blue box. I've got 16/50 of the "special" white box release...the last one of those I thought went for around $500, which makes no sense. It definitely makes one consider throwing it and BS:G on the 'bay while the loonies are out.

And here I thought my auction from December went ridiculously high at $553.99. I assumed (foolishly) that it would be a high-water mark for a while. :roll:

Right after that, a few people sold their copies for decreasing auction amounts. The last one in that run sold for something like $300, so it fell "back the normal," whatever that means. If someone sold one right now, it wouldn't go for that crazy price, I would think.

But yeah, these rare games will continue to go higher, as long as at least two people really, REALLY want it. I sold mine knowing full well I'd never get another copy. It's cool. I (unlike the other guy) played mine a lot and really enjoyed the game. I just needed to pay the mortgage.

Cheers,

Smeg

Somebody's trying to set another price record for another GORF on EBay. Link: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808519602221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180851960222&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Obviously trying to take to take advantage of the recent price increase. I can see why someone might think thier limited numbered copy might be worth more then the regular run.

But as I said in my first post, AMAZING!

That's the Gorf that Kevincal bought on game gavel the other week for about $250. I wondered when it would turn up again! :D

That's the Gorf that Kevincal bought on game gavel the other week for about $250. I wondered when it would turn up again! :D

:rolling:

I never thought I would say this, but for for once, I guess I don't blame him.

Well you can't fault him for trying. Strike while the iron is hot!